practical test for bricklaying

Guest hulltigers

Guest hulltigers

hi all, just wondered if anyone can help me out, just had confirmation we have passed our written tra vatassess today, they saying i can now proceed to the practical test but caution is recommended as there is a risk of a unsuccessful practical skills assesment , the vetassess gave you a mark level 1 level 2 level 3 . we got a level 2 based on the evidence we gave in the written part of the vetassess. we happy we can proceed to the practical but bit worried of failure as 1500 dollers now for next stage practical test. has anyone else been told they can proceed to practical test or even did the last test last december. many thanks phil

Guest hulltigers
Hi there, I just wondered what the written test involved. My OH will be doing skill assessment in Joinery (not until next year) but and info in advance would be good.

Thanks

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT WITH THE WRITTEN PART, ITS JUST JOINERY REFS FROM PAST EMPLOYMENT AND APPLICATION FORM FOR THE VETESSESS YOU NEED TO FILL IN, PHOTOS OF YOUR HUBBY ON THE JOB IN HIS TRADE, JUST AS MUCH EVIDENCE AS YOU CAN GIVE REALLY.

Hiya, thanks for your advice. Bit worried as to the amount of work experience required for trades. Husband decided on career change last year and went into joinery. He worked as a fencer for 3 years before that and done joinery on the side. When we come to apply late next year he will have been working for 2 years as a joiner but not sure if that will be enough. I'm too eager!! I want to be there yesterday! We will be applying for Relative Sponsored 176 and just wondered if anyone knows what experience is acceptable. Thank you.

Guest hulltigers

hi not sure for that visa i needed 6 years experience and 12 months in last 2 years, was wondering what the relative sponsor 176 is , do you need to take practical with that visa or is it not a perm visa for first 2 years,

Hiya, It is the Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176) and you can either be sponsored by a family member or state sponsorship, but I don't think they sponsor joiners. It is PR and you have to stay in Adelaide for 2 years. I have Aunt who lives in Adelaide and she is willing to sponsor us. Just waiting for Migration Agent to get back to me re; experience. Hope its not too long. One way or the other we will get there, may just take a little longer.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Guest hulltigers

hi yer sure you will get there, my cousin is a joiner in adelaide site manager too, he 42 now his mam and dad wer 10 pound poms my aunt and uncle. sure they sponsor joiners too, if you get there i can throw you some good work contacts for joinery , phil

hi yer sure you will get there, my cousin is a joiner in adelaide site manager too, he 42 now his mam and dad wer 10 pound poms my aunt and uncle. sure they sponsor joiners too, if you get there i can throw you some good work contacts for joinery , phil

Thanks that great. I have been informed by Vetasses that they require 2 years experience to go through to the practical which takes us to next September which is better than I thought. So, yea, we will get there just not as quick as I had hoped, but as they say, good things come to those who wait!!!

Hi Phil

A guy called Gavin Batson who posts on POms in Oz has done the brickies' practical test recently.

Please see this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/30214-bricklayers-vetassess-practical-tests-what-expect.html

I know nothing about bricklaying but I sent the link to a brickie from another forum the other day. He said that the info Gavin has provided is a great help.

If you have other questions, I would suggest a PM to Gavin via Poms in Oz.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest hulltigers

defo you will get there we just selling stuff now to get money together and our car has to go but we look at it this way its got to go sometime and we will get another over there lol when you think you got the rest of your lifes in a place like adelaid and a great place to bring kids up we dont mind the wait its all exciting tho isnt it