agency costs

Guest barmyarmy

Hi - We're With Go Matilda And We Paid £910.00 Plus Vat But We Paid It In 2 Halves, When They Submitted My Skills Assessments, And Then We Wanted Them To Submit Our Visa Application. I Know It Sounds Alot, And Lots Of Others Go It Alone But We Have Found Them Absolutely Excellent, And If You Want To Pm Me At All I'll Send You A Schedule Of Costs.

:jiggy:

Hi Barmy

If you are applying on your wifes skills (nursing if my brains working right this mornig:goofy:) have you thought of doing the application without an agent. The skills assessment is pretty straightforward for nurses which is the hardest bit in my opinion. If you need any help just ask but with a straightforward case I would certainly consider it and use the money toward your move! Just a thought if you need any help then just ask - we did ours without an agent and it wasn't rocket science - with nursing its just a case of collecting all the paperwork!

Lindsey

Yes we are buying from AV Jennings - Tell your wife to apply for NBSA registration - http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/ this registration can take up to 3 months to process - once you have this then apply to the ANMC for a shortened skills assessment - then on to the visa. If you want things to start happening sooner then apply to the ANMC (prior to the NBSA) for a skills assment this is quicker to come back and then apply for your visa - this is the way we did (although I beleive if you apply for state registration first it works out slightly cheaper!)

ANMC - http://www.anmc.org.au/

Good Luck

Lindsey

Guest CARMEN

hi - we've been looking at the av jennings houses and think they look fantastic value for money - was your buying process pretty straight forward ? i just hope theres one left for me next summer!

Guest lippy

Hi

Medicals were £90 each adult and £60 for 2yr old

Xrays £77 each adult

Police checks £10 each

When it comes to getting your medicals and xrays done it will pay to shop around as the costs can vary quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

Guest sprayer

Hi

We are using Go Matilda. We had to send a payment of about £250 first, then we got the skills assesment info. We had to send another payment of about £400 - £500 along with TRA fee (about £120). We have now passed TRA and had to send payment of £412 for visa. They have sent visa draft to us to check and once we get new passports back we send them final payment of £412 along with visa payment of $2050 (I think).

We feel it is money well spent becuase they have been so helpful and we know that everything will be checked by them before sending to immigration so hopefully nothing can go wrong.

Guest BAZnDAF

We went with Concept Australia

This is what they emailed me.

I wish to confirm that our fee of £1500 is charged in five instalments with £300 payable upon engaging our services, £300 when your skills assessment application is lodged, £300 when the result of your skills assessment application is received, £300 when your migration application is lodged with DIAC and the balance of £300 due when your case is assessed by DIAC.

Your other costs are as follow:

• Skills assessment fee - AUD350.
  • DIAC fee - AUD2060.
  • Medicals, X-rays and blood tests - costs can vary but allow £175 per adult and £100 per child under 11 as a guide.
  • UK police checks - £10 each.

I realise they are more expensive, but for me they are on the doorstep! as i have only just started with them i could not give you advice regarding service.

Guest happy feet

Hi Lindsey,

How long did the whole process take, have a job interview on Fri for The Royal Adelaide Hosp... If successful i want to be out there as soon as poss. Going through nursing agency O'Grady Peyton.

Thanks

Cara

Hi Cara - for us the whole process took about 6 months but visa were being processed pretty quick at that point - I think I would look at about a year (and then there's selling the house but thats a different story). If you are able I would look at going on a 136 (think it may be called something different now (one that gives you permanant residency) rather than being tied into a contract with an agency - that way you have the freedom to move, hospitals (state's even), jobs within the same hospital, work agency (the moneys good), if you have children you are able to claim child benefit and the biggy is if you decide that you want to stay in OZ and you are on a sponsored visa then you have to go through the visa application process again to gain permanent residency (if inital entry was on employee sponsored visa). Good Luck

Lindsey

Guest happy feet

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for the quick reply.Because i have interview through agency, i guess i will just have to take what i am offered. I was thinking of putting the house on the market pretty soon (if sucessful). Do you have any info on the RAH? What area's around hosp would be good to look at for renting/buying?

Thanks again

Cara

p.s How long have you been out there? Do the kids like it? I have 2, Ethan 9, Erin 6

I Have friends that work at he RAH and really like it - Andy has done some agency on the ICU there and really enjoyed his shift, he said all the staff were friendly and the work challenging - so all good! The RAH is in the city so I guess the world is your oyster regarding where you live in Adelaide. It may be an idea to live on the train line so that you can train into work rather than driving. We live in the south, Andy drives to work but has parking space courtesy of work so its not a problem.

My boys love it here (including the big one!) they are 39, 6 and 3;). When I asked my six year old where he would rather live, he said Australia! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Lindsey

Guest vikkiann

I think we must have been ripped off. Our visa fee's were £2750 plus medicals on top (£720 for 2 adults, 2 kids & 2 infants). Saying that my husband is a plumber but works in carpentry so it was a bit of a complex case. We paid it in 3 installmants though

Guest Libby1971

I can't find my post on here although I posted something about this recently - brain swimming with posts!

Our agent cost £1600 or thereabouts - Ian Harrop of Burford, Oxfordshire. They were really great, we dealt with Sue. We paid in 2 installments - I think one was at the beginning or when the skills assessment was lodged and the other was def at the time we lodged the visa application itself.

Meds were seperate as were all visa costs, skills assessment fees etc. I can't remember all the costs involved but roughtly think it cost about £1000 for absolutely everything including certifying certificates, travel to London for xrays etc.

We got here a year ago, almost, so the fees may have gone up a bit.

Worth every penny!

Libby