Football

Guest pringle9

Guest pringle9

Hi I'm looking to come over to Australia on a 12 month working visa to play football and not sure on the best way to go about it so just looking for some advice really. I have played at a high level in England even representing England school boys but I'm really interested in Australian football.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kind Regards,

Calvin

Hi Calvin

Why don't you get in contact with some clubs over here and send them through links with some clips on there of you playing. You've got to interest them and some clips of shots and you on the pitch might make them think they have to go further. Lots of research on the net of who you should be contacting in each club as well. Good luck.

Guest pringle9

Thanks, yeah I've been doing plenty of searching on the internet in regards who to contact. When does the season start and end so I can begin planning when best to come over to trial etc.

The best starting point for info would be the FFSA (Football Federation South Australia) website. http://www.ffsa.com.au/home/

There is loads of information here, calendars, fixtures, clubs, leagues etc. The A-League (national league) plays in the summer months but the local Mens Senior League is playing now, with end of season in September. Junior clubs have trials Sept/October time, not sure if it is the same for the men.