Vehicle 'No Claims Bonus' statement

R & H

Hi there, can anyone please advise if the standard letter from insurer about no claims bonus is acceptable to insurers in Oz. My sister went to Vancouver and she found that her letter wasn't adequate and she needed further info. Just wondered if there are any particular requirements we need to request when getting our statements. Also can anyone recommend a good insurer please.

Thanks

H

Guest vikkiann

I didn't think to bring this but got insurance through our bank. Because of my driving history they gave me 60% discount. Hence, a good price!

Guest smilla

Hi there,

When we first arrived, I signed up with Virgin Insurance as they were quite competitive for the first year. I told them I had no claims and I just need to send them a copy of the certificate from the UK. They were happy to use this and offered me 6 years no claims discount.

Cheers

Guest bosco

hi both axa and raa give me full no claims bonus without seeing anything from my previous insurer,also with raa i got any driver insurance which covers my 21 year old son also

Guest matt n mel
Hi there, can anyone please advise if the standard letter from insurer about no claims bonus is acceptable to insurers in Oz. My sister went to Vancouver and she found that her letter wasn't adequate and she needed further info. Just wondered if there are any particular requirements we need to request when getting our statements. Also can anyone recommend a good insurer please.

Thanks

H

Hiya

I insured my car for the 1st time in oz a few weeks ago and my new insurer requested proof of my ncb in uk, which was my most recent renewal letter from my insurers in uk (all pages! Had to scan it onto laptop and email through to them within 2 weeks of them insuring me). Dunno bout good insurers but I just used Iselect website which is a comparison website and got a much better deal than the one offered to me by my bank.