0 times

Sponsorship refusal reasons

Hi, today I have seen the following at immigration SA website and am totally disappointed as my 2nd application to SA for 190 visa will be refused. My previous approved application was for 475 visa:

"15.2 If you have previously been approved for state nomination and are the holder of a 475 or 487 provisional visa or have lodged a 475 or 487 visa with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) you will not be eligible for state nomination for a subclass 489 or 190 visa and your application will be refused."

But this new criteria will deprive potential candidate to get a better visa option. They should at least consider the application which is for a better visa, for example: previous application was for 475 temporary visa and new application is for 190 permanent visa. Has anybody come across this situation?

We should raise/inform our concern to SA for justification. I have already sent a mail to immigration SA in this regard. Guys please come forward.

16 times
      I can see their point you have already had a place for SS, and can live and work anywhere in SA. Therefore due to the competiton for State Nomination Places, and the set number allocated to SA each year - the SS places should go to others who dont already hold a visa or have applied, this makes it fair.