defacto partnership

Guest deborah

Guest deborah

Hi our agent has told us that we need to provide evidence of our relationship as not married (living in sin)

Has anyone else had to do this and what evidence did you use?

Debs:confused:

Hey Deb,

We had to do this as we were not married when the application was lodged. We sent statements from both us stating where we met, how the finances are dealt with, how we help and support each other....quite in depth and personal really. We also got each or our parents to write a snall statement about our relationships. We sent photos of us all on holidays and places etc, tickets of places visited together...holiday tickets are good!!!

We also sent any bills arriving from junk to bank and mortgage statements proving a common address.

Good Luck.

Dan and Steph

Guest jetskitony

hi we had to as we are not married yet we sent any paperwork we could find with both our names mortgage papers, household insurance etc .

dont know if it is ok as we dont have a case officer yet.

otherwise you can get your family members to do stat decs to say you have been together x amout of years etc.

Guest deborah

Thanks,

but did you have to do this after the visa application was lodged?

I am trying to find out what documentation has to be sent when application first lodged as i am on a timescale! Are all the documents asked for afterwards as i need to lodge before i am 40!!

Maybe should get married!

I noticed you can also choose the engaged option which we are but how on earth do you prove that!

Debs

Hi there we had to send proof of defacto too. We sent it with our initial application and sent Personal statements from us both (they too were quite detailed - about 2 A4 sides each), statements from two friends and my mum, photographs of us over the years in different places looking different, mortgage statements, car insurance documents (showing us both as named driver on each others policy), life insurance documents naming each other as benefactor if the other died, and our childrens birth certificates!!!

Lindsey

Guest Libby1971

Hi

I think what you will find is that you have to send everything for your application at once. They will request medicals and police checks as part of the process but everything else should be there.

If they ask for more info, it is because they are checking up on something. They won't ask you to send in more paperwork because if they did this with everyone, the process would be slower than it already is.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear - we too were working to a critical deadline. Good luck

Libby

Guest Trakki

We have attached very much the same as Lindsey, we can't do photos as Pete hates having his photo taken so there are not many if any of us together. We sent council tax bill from years ago showing both our names at the same address as well as a recent one, copy of the part of our will that statest that the other one gets everything, the kids birth certs as they all have Petes name on, joint bank account statement, car insurance with both names. Don't know if we have done it right as waiting for a case officer at the mo.

HTH

Guest mOZzy

we are going through an agent and at the time we've applied we were not married.

but since the date was already set for the month after the agent told us not to worry and put us down as 'getting married'. the important thing is to send in the papers of the MAIN applicant - agent said anything else can be send at a later stage since you won't have a CO straight away anyways - it might just slow the whole process down but they won't just turn around and won't at least give you a chance to prove things.

so our marriage cert. and even our passports - obviously main applicants one had to be sent straight away (mine and kids ones were still in the making while the application was already in) - all got sent later.

i hope that's not too confusing :confused:

Guest jamesholmes_@hotmail.com

Hey we had to do this too becuase we weren't married but we were engaged.

We did what everybody else seems to have done but also used invitations etc that people had sent us over the last year and thank you cards that were sent to us as a couple for been part of our friends wedding. Along with the usual bills, holiday tickets and a statement from each of us.

We also had our wedding booked because we wanted to get married with our family before we left, as they would be missing out on everything else in our lives, (kids etc) so We had proof from the wedding venue that we had booked been booked and he Notices of Marriage from the Registrars etc.

Just provide as much as you can and should be fine.

If i remember rightly this was after the TRA had been approved and the Visa application was lodged.

All worked out fine for us we have been in Adelaide now for 5 weeks and loving it.

Good luck with everything

Emma and James

Guest deborah

So basically when I lodge the application I have to send my passport and proof of defacto relationship and then everything else is sent afterwards once lodged?

Guest jamesholmes_@hotmail.com

Our Agents only ever had copies of our Passports until the Visa had been granted and then we sent them the originals so they could arrange for the Visas to be stamped in them. I would double check with your agents on that one cause i dont think they need your orignal passports yet.

I believe they will require the evidence of your relationship though. What Visa are you applying for anyhow?

Guest deborah

I am applying for a 175 online without the use of an agent.

I have attempted to complete as much of application as possible so that when the skills assess comes back (hopefully before i turn 40 in June) i can then lodge it on line. The problem is that you cannot proceed with application if all fields aren't filled in i.e. skills assess details so I can't get to the end of the form to see what docs i need to send initially.

There is info on scanning docs and i have e.mailed them but takes a few days to get back in touch.

I am having some forms certified this week for skills assess cost £5 per document.

Plus our baby hasn't yet got a passport so sending off for that.

If it is only a certified copy of my passport that i need to send then i could do that this week.

Tsk! Frankly I'm shocked at how many of you have children and ARE NOT MARRIED!!!!! Is nothing sacred anymore... OK, we weren't married at the time either but I don't think we had to send that much as proof. I seem to recall sending off copies of bills and council tax statements and we also sent copies of the kids' birth certificates which obviously showed Richie as the dad.... I know there's an obvious joke there but I just daren't crack it.....:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Trakki

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/bringing-secondary-app.htm

Have a look here, this tells you what you have to prove. This is part of it

Evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship

There are four broad categories of evidence that you need to provide.

• financial aspects:
    • your living arrangements such as joint ownership of your house or joint names on a lease, correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address, joint responsibility for children

[*]the household:

• your living arrangements such as joint ownership of your house or joint names on a lease, correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address, joint responsibility for children

[*]social context:

• evidence that you and your partner are generally accepted as a couple socially, such as joint invitations, evidence of common friends, assessments by your friends and family of your relationship, joint travel or joint participation in sporting, social or cultural activities

[*]your commitment:

• knowledge of each other, intention that your relationship will be long term, through things such as the terms of your wills, and correspondence and phone accounts to show that contact was maintained during any periods of separation.

The link tells you more.

HTH

Guest Trakki

Yea, I attached it all online the day after I lodged the application. Would have been the same day but was nearly midnight by the time I lodge application.

HTH

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Yes we had to provide this evidence too!!! Things like bills with both names on, letters stating your relationship from friends & family, any invitations to parties ie weddings, kids bith certs with both names on. photo's of previous holidays together, bank statements if joint. Hope this helps ours went through without problem. Good luck.

Guest deborah

Thanks Tracy,

Are you medical?

I am an Occuopational Therapist and i am just about to post my skills assessment stuff off. I tell you it has been stressful, I am still waiting for a ref from work and my uni transcripts came today. I have ordered the bank draft and i will get everything certified on friday.

I then have the agonising wait of it returning before June when I turn 40 (feels like Logans Run if you remember that film)

I have started to fill in on line but I cannot access the checklist that informs you which documents to attach.

Debs

Guest Trakki
Thanks Tracy,

Are you medical?

I am an Occuopational Therapist and i am just about to post my skills assessment stuff off. I tell you it has been stressful, I am still waiting for a ref from work and my uni transcripts came today. I have ordered the bank draft and i will get everything certified on friday.

I then have the agonising wait of it returning before June when I turn 40 (feels like Logans Run if you remember that film)

I have started to fill in on line but I cannot access the checklist that informs you which documents to attach.

Debs

Hi Debs

Yes I am a Nurse (children's) have been qualified 10 years (that makes me sound really old doesn't it!!!:confused:) Flinders hospital are interested in giving me a job, just have to contact them when I have my visa.

Try http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/175_checklist.pdf

this will get you onto the checklist.

HTH speak soon

Guest deborah

Tracey,

Thanks so much for this link i just couldn't find it before!

It will save me a lot of time now as i now know which documents to certify.

Thank you so much I owe you a drink (off duty of course!)

Debs

Guest Trakki

That's no problem Debs, have all the links saved as it took me long enough to find them when I was doing it!!

Will hold you to the drink though!! :)

Where do you live/work?