TRA's ?? can someone explain

Guest skellysgirl

Guest skellysgirl

a bit more about them,

does everyone have to do it ?

do you have to pay for it ?

do i just fill my form in and then i have to hand in the results before i can start onmy visa application ?

thanx u v much

Hey up,

As far as I know the TRA is for trades - you'd have to check to make sure that your trade is in the list as I don't know the full list. My OH is a carpenter and we are currently going through the TRA! :swoon:

Yes you have to pay to get your qualifications/experienced recognised. We will submit all the information - evidence of qualifications, references from employers, photographs to the TRA and they assess it, if they agree its ok then they will put OH through for a practical. Once he passes that then we can apply for the visa!!

I'm sure I've probably not covered it all, but there will be someone else who will give more information.

Hope this helps.

Kim

Not sure about all sponsered visa classes but as far as i know most require TRA

All stages of the application has to be paid when submitted

TRA is more involved than the Visa stage, so a lot more work than just filling in a form

We had agent do ours, we took the easy route

Guest skellysgirl

im hoping to go on a 475, and i have a degree that is on the skills list, wasnt sure wether that is actually a skill i need testing on ? do i just send my degrss cert

Guest Libby1971

Hi skellysgirl

When you send off for your visa, you are claiming that you meet the requirements for certain points to be given to you.

So, what you do when you send your visa off is all the evidence that backs that up. You send your certified copy of a birth certificate to say you are as old as you say, you send your copy of your GCSE certs to say that you have the level of education you claim etc.

But the crucial part is the occupation/ profession/ trade/ skill. This is the part that gives you most of your points adn you have to have sent that off first - it could be a trade assessment or a teacher assessment or a nursing assessment, whatever. For this you the requirements differ but if you have uni education you need to send certified copies of your degree certificate, transcripts form uni specifying what you got for each section, transcripts that describe/ explain what you had to do, whether it was full time/ part time/ equiv to full time etc, what qualifications you needed to get into uni (and the certs if you have them to prove that as well), plus references from your employer to back up that you can do what you say you can. You also need them to say how long you have been working in that area so that the visa people can see if you meet the criteria for how long you shold have been working in an area in order to get the required points.

How much it costs differs according to who does the assessing and what you are anyway. You should expect to pay for the skills asessment (?£75), the visa lodging (?£600), medicals and xrays (?£200 each ), police checks (£10 each) as well as for all your certificates to be certified (it is cheaper by the way if you get a big bundle and get them done in bulk).

If you are not sure what you are doing, I strongly recommend getting an agent. Although they can be seen as a luxury, when it came to something like this, we knew we would most likely muck it up and decided not to chance it. Our agent cost about £1600 which we paid in 2 stages - one when the skills assessment was done and the other at the time of lodging the visa.

I hope this info gives a rough idea of what you need to do.

Libby

Guest dave&jacky

Hi Skellysgirl,

I have just sent off my TRA and i was told to send as much info as possiable and every page has to be certified by a solicitor/Policeman or such responsiable person,the solicitor charges £5 for the first page and £2 for every other page and i also had to send the same documents for my 457 visa application but you can not photo copy the pages they have to all be original certified i ended up sending over 200 pages but i did a deal with solicitor and he did it all for £300.But i would think you will not have to send anything like as much with yours, because i have been self employed and run my own business they want more info.

Guest skellysgirl

right so i have had a look on the skills list and it has said i have to be assessed by vetassess, is that all i have to do, or do i have to do that and tra

or is that my actual tra

Guest Leanne & Mark

Hi Yes if your are assesed by Vestasses, you dont need to be assessed by TRA aswell. BUT you really have to go into extreme detail, even to the point where it seems obvious. A builder would need references from all his (or her) jobs, and state all skills and tools used on the job. Even stating 'i used a trough' and what they used it for, you have to explain every thing as if you were talking to a class of 7 yr olds.

And it has taken us ...aaaages!!

What is it you do??

ps I have a 5 yr old Ethan. There seems to be a fair few of them heading to adelaide.

Guest skellysgirl

hiya i am a graphic designer, so its really wide ranging from finding and meeting clients 2 to managing projects 2 the artwork

plus i am self employed so im sure that will mean more work , lol but all worth it

and the son thing , its because ts the best boys name in the world

lou

right so i have had a look on the skills list and it has said i have to be assessed by vetassess, is that all i have to do, or do i have to do that and tra

or is that my actual tra

No i had to use TRA for my trade you are using vetassess for your trade/proffesion,different departmentsfor different skills trades etc.

• 3 months later...
Guest LOCO IN OZ
Hi Skellysgirl,

I have just sent off my TRA and i was told to send as much info as possiable and every page has to be certified by a solicitor/Policeman or such responsiable person,the solicitor charges £5 for the first page and £2 for every other page and i also had to send the same documents for my 457 visa application but you can not photo copy the pages they have to all be original certified i ended up sending over 200 pages but i did a deal with solicitor and he did it all for £300.But i would think you will not have to send anything like as much with yours, because i have been self employed and run my own business they want more info.

Hi,

My OH is a self employed electrician, any tips on other evidence etc that you put forward to Tradeassess?

He has all C&G cert's etc and has run his own business for almost 12 months, we're hoping with that and other qual's in Marketing he should go to the practical stage.

Guest LOCO IN OZ
Hey up,

As far as I know the TRA is for trades - you'd have to check to make sure that your trade is in the list as I don't know the full list. My OH is a carpenter and we are currently going through the TRA! :swoon:

Yes you have to pay to get your qualifications/experienced recognised. We will submit all the information - evidence of qualifications, references from employers, photographs to the TRA and they assess it, if they agree its ok then they will put OH through for a practical. Once he passes that then we can apply for the visa!!

I'm sure I've probably not covered it all, but there will be someone else who will give more information.

Hope this helps.

Kim

Hi,

Did you do the Trade assess yourselves? Any problems? Did you need to re send anything or any further info?

Did you send additional cover letter with info on equipment used etc etc ect.

Any tips?

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi,

My husband is a bricklayer and has to have a skills assessment through VetAsses. He is also self-employed and this is a list of the documents the agent gave us for submission. I know it may not be the same for all trades but it may give you an idea of what is needed.

Application Form - 1 original

SR 2.1 form signed and dated - 1 original

Passport bio date page - 2 certified copies

Full Birth Cert with parents details - 2 certified copies

Two certified passport photos under 6 mionths old - originals

Reference from Employer who served time with & certificates - 1 original

Statutory Declaration re self employment and full work history - 2 originals (signed infront of solicitor)

CV

Statement from Accountant - 1 original

Statement from IRD re Self employment - 2 certified copies

Reference from at least three customers - originals

reference from 3 suppliers re self employment - originals

A 4 part list of things used in trade (machines, measuring inst, materials, plans etc.) original

business card from solicitor witnessing documents - 2 originals

application fee of A$600 paid by credit card.

Hope this helps

Guest skellysgirl

Hi everyone and thank you for all the advice, i have realised that vetassess is different and that i am generally just handing in my degree for it to be assessed and recognised as the equivlant qualification

and that i just need to do the online form and then print off the last page and send that off along with the requested and certified docs

i don't think that i have to submit any work history or accounts of job description etc

Guest graandjac

:err:As you are insure i would suggest making an apointment (for free) as if you are going to go with an agent which most of them do and they will talk you through the whole process whilst getting you to go with them ...take notes and then decide if you can go it alone.

The TRA (trades recognition of Australia) is not to be taken lightly and involves alot of work , not saying you cant do it on your own, onto or the form we sent in a further 100 odd pages, good luck Cheers Graham