what things to do in visa valdiation trip

Tymoor

Hi;

I will go to validate my 475 state sponsorship visa in February next year, and i would like to know:

1. what are the things that are recommended to be done during my it.

2. The approximate days to stay there to finalise these things

3. Any recommendation for a place to stay during that period ( for me, wife and my 2 years child)

thanks

Guest andylynnchriskirst

We validated our visas in 2010, having only arrived here to live last month.

We stayed for two weeks, which is probably enough to get a good idea of what the areas are like, and experiences with prices, schools etc.

And you can validate your visas within this time (not sure what the minimum time of stay is).

There are so many different areas here, it really depends what your looking for. We opted for one of the southern suburbs because it is quieter, we have found more available newer houses, the shops are close by and the beaches. Definitely do a bit of sight seeing too, Adelaide is a place with SO much to see and do!

We also came in February, and the weather was lovely! It was a good tester for us to see if we could cope with the heat on a regular basis (although we haven't worked in a hot summers day yet)!

Hope this helps!

And you can validate your visas within this time (not sure what the minimum time of stay is).

Afaik there is no minimum stay. A visa is activated at immigration when passport is scanned as visas are electronic and it's all in the system. You land in Aus, clear immigration, visa activated. Can leave again an hour later if you wanted as I understand it.

Guest dwethe

Hi, we validated our visa in April this year and found the whole experience great. we did not spend time sorting out tax numbers or bank accounts ECT, it was about understanding the area, making sure the girls had a fab time and remember the holiday which would make it easier when we return. Prior to our visit I asked people on PIA if they were willing to meet and discuss there own experience, this was amazing, we meet with so many people whom provided good and bad experiences. No matter what you do you will still copme home with questions on where to live beach or hills, local to CBD or commute? I still ask these questions. Hope you have a great time, PM me on your return or prior to going if want to discuss.

Dean

• 2 weeks later...
thanks everybody for the great info.

i would like also to ask if it is possible to validate my visa by going to sydney, knowing that my visa is a 475 state sponsership ( South Australia is the state), or is it a must to be validated from SA state

As I understand, you don't have to go to SA to validate your visa. Since you are just validating your visa any state is fine. I myself am going to Melbourne to validate my visa, even though I have a state sponsored PR from SA.

Hi;

Thanks everybody for the information, is it recommended to open a bank account and create a tax file number during the validation visit

regards

You can open a bank account whilst in the UK and start depositing money into it ready for your Reccie or eventual emigration. We opened one hoping we would be over before the need to activate but unfortunately we have had to come over and activate my OH visa.