Thinking of emigrating to Adelaide and require some info.

Guest Meano

Guest Meano

Hi all,

Just new to this site and first post.

I was trying to emigrate to Perth but wa skills list has changed and unfortunately my occupation is not on it anymore and the only state offering sponsorship now is south Australia. I am a pressure welder who also does welding inspection and I am wondering if there is much demand for this in Adelaide?

I am 27 and wwill be moving with my girlfriend who is a hairdresser, is there also much need for hairdressers as well?

We only found out today that wa had changed their requirements and have a limited time from our migration agent to decide whether to progress with an application for sa or just stay at home, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Meano, have seen welding jobs advertised since we've been here, not a welder so haven't paid any attention to what type. Not that it would have done any good. as I know nothing about welding any how. Hairdressers, seen loads of jobs advertised, seem to be in demand a fair bit. When it comes to jobs and work over here, I would take all comments with a pinch of salt. Some people find work quickly others struggle really badly, you've got to take a leap of faith. If you know there's work in Perth, and you would prefer it, get state sponsorship from SA, then accidently find yourself in Perth. Oh whoops how did that happen, kind of thing. Your not tied to SA, its a moral thing, not legal. Not unless they've changed the rules in the lastest JULY 1st shake up. I'm sure someone will read this and correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck.

Guest Meano

Hi thanks for this reply. I think your right about the moral part, the agent said to me there was a moral obligation to stay there for 2 ears, I just took it that it was a mist and not really a choice in the matter. I'm thinking either will astill be a lot better than the uk at the moment anyway. Thanks

Hi

Did a quick search for you

Welder - 41 jobs http://www.seek.com.au/JobSearch?DateRange=31&SearchFrom=quickupper&SearchType=search+again&Keywords=welder&state=3104

Pressure welder 1 job - http://www.seek.com.au/JobSearch?DateRange=31&SearchFrom=quickupper&SearchType=search+again&Keywords=pressure+welder&state=3104

So jobs about for you and stated above always seems to be advertising hairdresser jobs

Hope that helps

Guest Meano

Hi thanks for that, it seems there are quite a few welding positions available then and plenty of work for hairdressers. This has helped to put the mind at rest, thanks

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Hi there!

I will back up vickianns post, and say there is a lot of hairdressing jobs in papers/job sites!

We also had to re-start our visa process due to the change on the jobs list, so know how your feeling!

A great job site I use is www.indeed.com.au , and I've found it the easiest one to use!

Hope this helps!

Chris