adding family members

nikkinoodlesuk

Just wondering if any1 can help with a querie?

My step son (still in Uk) has asked if he could come live with in Adelaide. He's 19 yrs old just finnished college, no trade but

got his A'levels.

We are here on perm res 119a regional sponsored visa have been here 3.5 yrs. Me and my husband have 3 kids of our own, and my step son currently lives with his mother in Wales.

He has been here visiting last year and said he loved to come again but to live, does anyone have any experience on how this would work, and what type of visa we'd have to look at and do we have to be citizens to sponsor him as a family member if that's possible???

We're just sussing in out at the moment and seeing what the possibilities are.

cheers

nikki

Guest lebour

This is a difficult one - due to his age. The only visa that you would be able to sponsor him on would be a Child 101 visa. But it may be difficult to prove eligiblity.

WHV or Student visa - may be the only other options.

Speak to a Registered Migraiton Agent

I'd say WHV is really the only decent solution atm if he wants to come and try it for a couple of years. Handy thing with SA iirc is that most (or all of it) is counted as regional so he should be able to fill the 3 month regional work requirement pretty easily and be able to earn that second year. He may find he doesn't want to stay after that or its not the place he wants to settle so won't have wasted a fortune on a visa like a student one or being sponsored by family. If he does decide he wants to stay then perhaps he could be saving his pennies while on the WHV and contribute toward a student visa so he can remain longer in Aus and plan for his future there.

I doubt you could sponsor him if there is a balance of family test to be taken if he has family in the UK still. I've no real clue what the criteria are but from what I've read they are making this harder to do these days.

Just wondering if any1 can help with a querie?

My step son (still in Uk) has asked if he could come live with in Adelaide. He's 19 yrs old just finnished college, no trade but

got his A'levels.

We are here on perm res 119a regional sponsored visa have been here 3.5 yrs. Me and my husband have 3 kids of our own, and my step son currently lives with his mother in Wales.

He has been here visiting last year and said he loved to come again but to live, does anyone have any experience on how this would work, and what type of visa we'd have to look at and do we have to be citizens to sponsor him as a family member if that's possible???

We're just sussing in out at the moment and seeing what the possibilities are.

cheers

nikki

Consult a registered migration agent sooner rather than later.