Anyone from the Nottingham area?

Guest Helen8367

Guest Lulujim

hi there - there are quiet a few from east mids region. we're meeting up this sunday at 2pm at the gamekeeper in south hykeham. (just off A46). Search under East Mids Meet thread for details. would be great if you're able to make it! :D

Just being nosey really - anyone from arounf the Nottingham area on here or east Mids??

H

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Hi there!!

Im originally from Mansfield and know Notts well!!

Fortunately!!!!:) Im off to Adelaide next Friday Hooray!

Just on a reccie though to validate visa, when you planning on going?

Susan

Guest Blackcat

Hi we are from Lincoln, well not orginally, but lived there the last 5 years before moving over here in November, Angela off this site is from Nottingham, she has been here six months, so think there are quite a few of us, good luck with everything, Gina

Guest Nick11
Just being nosey really - anyone from arounf the Nottingham area on here or east Mids??

H

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

We're from Nottingham - Giltbrook, near Eastwood - used to live behind IKEA

Guest Django
hi there - there are quiet a few from east mids region. we're meeting up this sunday at 2pm at the gamekeeper in south hykeham. (just off A46). Search under East Mids Meet thread for details. would be great if you're able to make it! :D

Hi Helen,

Pop along and say hi on Sunday http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2838 I have lived in Gainsborough for the past 5 years although I'm from London originally.

Pete

Guest bookworm64

hi,

i am from Lincoln, but will miss the meet as i am in Adelaide, hope you all have a good chat. i am hoping to meet up at the next one.

small world, i was in starbucks in adelaide last week and a group of girls said to me hey an english accent where are you from, i said lincoln, there was a lots of screams etc as they were from nottingham!! they are over on working visas and trying to work out how to stay.

enjoy your meet

michelle

Guest Helen8367

Hi

We are in the Gedling area but only just starting the porcess so wont be in Adelaide for a loooooonnnnnnngggggggggg time!! Hoping for July 09 once my son finished his GCSE's.

I love hearing about Adelaide so tell me more if you want. We have been looking at all areas etc but dont know what suburbs etc are good so if anyone can help that would be great.

Ideally, would like somewhere with a bit of greenery - I know its dry so that can be a problem but my OH is a keen photographer, also, like to feed the birds!!

Do you see many birds in your gardens in Adelaide??

Daft questions but people from Notts are daft enough to answer them I'm sure.

Its great to hear local people have done good and got what they wanted.......it really cheers me up and makes me believe we can be there too. I am jealous of all of you. I dont mind hearing bad stuff too - been told house/land prices going up, foods not cheap, no green grass, fuel going up - none of which is goin to put me off.

The only thing that will put me off is if theres hoodies on every corner!! So please tell me there are no hoodies

:notworthy::goofy::jiggy:Helen

Hi Helen

We arrived 6 months ago from Carlton, Nottingham. I've only seen 'hoodies' hanging up in MV2 the surf shop on Beach Road, great designs !!

Seriously, we love it, so do the kids, we have a dog, a house & 2 cars, we are all happy.

Angela

Guest Nick11

Only hoodie I've seen is my 7 year old son! Gangs of kids running riot just doesn't happen here.

Will never go back to live in Nottingham ever!

Guest Helen8367

Hi

Thanks for all of your replies. I am bringing my own hoodie with me, my 15 year old son just in case I miss them.

It sounds lovely and we cant wait - wont be able to make Sundays meet but will deffo be keeping my eyes open for the next one.

H

Guest Tracijbc

Hi,

I am originally from Carlton, OH Matt is from Retford (but don't hold that against him!!). We currently live in Carrington, but moving to Adelaide at the end of April. Sadly won't be able to make the meet this weekend, as we are snowed under with seeing people before we leave, but we shall meet up with you all once we get over to Aussie Land.

Enjoy the process, be patient and we'll see you out there soon as!!

Cheers

Traci xxx

Guest jonbj5

Hi everyone!

We live in Smalley, which is inbetween Heanor and Derby. Just want to wish everyone good luck with their visa applications and hopefully moves to Oz. We start our application in a few months time.

Kirsty, Ian, Emily & Matthew. x

Guest moneypenny

Hi

We lived in West Bridgford (Bread and Lard Island) Wilford Hill quite near to the cemetry. OH from Bulwell (but I wont hold that against him) Hoping to move to Adelaide eventually, at present in Devon

Guest jonbj5

Hi moneypenny

My sister lives in Bulwell (i know what you mean!) Wish she would move, it should be renamed Beirut! Lol. What stage are you at with your application? What area are you hoping to be in in Adelaide?

Kirsty

Guest Hansonhouse

Hi, we are from the Nottingham area, Aldercar near Eastwood.

We are at the stage where everything has been submitted and we are awaiting our visa, it was lodged in October 07.

What stage are you at and where in Notts are you from?

Roz

Guest Hansonhouse

Hi, we are quite close to you, Aldercar. Nice to know that there are other people locally going through the same process. We are hoping to hear about our visa between April and June 08. Have sold the house and will want to go asap when we hear but have to give 12 weeks notice at work. What stage are you at?

Roz

Guest jonbj5

Hi Roz

We live in Smalley (just up the road from Aldercar!). We are just at the start of everything :( just getting paperwork together, been to a seminar and attending another 1 next weekend. Attended a big meet up on Sunday, there was nearly 100 adults and kids there!. Just from the local area!!. Cant believe theres so many people heading for Oz (well, I can really with the state of this country:biglaugh:). Sounds like everythings going well with your visas. Where abouts in Adelaide are you hoping to settle?

Kirsty :)

Guest Hansonhouse

Hi Kirsty

We have friends living in Aberfoyle Park who lived in Hallet Cove for a year before they brought this house. We would like to settle near to them but really it will depend on where we get jobs? So far I am looking at Hallet Cove and inwards really but don't think we will be able to afford some of the properties that are within 10 mins of Adelaide so guessing about 15-20 mins away and hopefully 5-15 mins from beach.

We have some other friends who emigrate in April and another set who are at about the same stage as ourselves.

We move house on Friday into rented accomodation so could really do with our visa coming through now but trying not to be too impatient.

Roz

Guest jonbj5

Hi Roz

We've been looking at Hallet Cove aswell! Looks really nice and i've read alot of good things about it plus the schools supposed to be really good. We moved into our rented accomodation a few months ago, so we got 1 stressful bit out the way. Lol. Good luck with everything!!

Kirsty

Guest Hansonhouse

Yes, we have heard that the schools there are good too. How old are your children? We have 2 boys, aged 8 and 10. Which visa are you thinking of applying for? We have used Four Corners Emigration and so far (touch wood) they have been very good.

Roz

Guest jonbj5

We have a girl aged 9 and a boy aged 6. We are going on a 175 skills visa as my hubbies a mechanic. Ive had the brochure come from Four Corners (amongst others). We have a consultation with Thinking Australia this weekend. We are looking at doing the application ourselves though as everything is really straight forward for us and after reading these forums, it seems alot of people are doing the same thing and alls going well for them. So think we will take a chance and save ourselves a few grand, which will pay for flights. lol.

hi all

we are from mansfield and have been in australia for 8 weeks ( 7 in adelaide) on 136 visas we are new to all this. everything going ok girls in school and happy, husband in work, and we have got a rented house in Aberfoyle Park which is great.

weather is hot hot hot but compared to storms at home HMMMMM which am i going to choose????

met some great people and loving it so far..

good luck to everyone going through the visa process its well worth the wait!!

jo (21again) paul 37 lucy 9 and isabel 6