Help with ICT skills assessment

Guest Dolphin68

Guest Dolphin68

Hi, has been quite a while since my last thread..

Does anybody know who could help with a skills assesssment for an ICT Business Analyst. We need to get this going asap.

Thanks and Cheers

Dolphin

Guest paultozer

All skills assessments must be done via ACS - http://www.acs.org.au/migration-skills-assessment/information-for-applicants with guidelines http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants-1-July-2012-V1_1307.pdf

However if you are unsure of the process or have a complicated case I suggest you use a MARA registered agent. This is probably one of the most difficult and stressful parts of the process, as once you have all the information and documents in place, they are also in place for state sponsorship and main visa application.

Guest Chris_J

Peter Chiam has a good reputation for IT people, and I believe he is very proficient. We used another agent and got through the process, but he wasn't toooo much help on the IT front as it's not his field but as I say I did get through and he did help a little. The rest of the process was all ok though.

Guest listentotwig

I went through a company called "1st contact" and I got certified ok (with a south African degree). If you have any specific questions let me know. I was certified about 6 months ago so its still quite fresh!

Guest Dolphin68

Thank you all for your replies. That's already of great help. We once tried a Migration Agent to get a skills assessment as Electronic Tradesperson

back in 2009 and it didn't work out because they didn't do a good job. So this time we want to be sure that the person we deal with knows

what he/she is doing.

@listentotwig: did you go to the 1st contact office in South Africa or here in Australia ?

Thx

Guest listentotwig

We used the one in AUS from the UK. It was a pain having to courier the documents every time, but worth it in the end.

http://www.1stcontact.com.au/

In regards to having problems with agencies I totally understand. I was really lucky in that my girlfriend was on the case most of the time and doing background research on what the agency asked (or didn't ask) us. So while 1st Contact worked, I would say always double check what you're doing with forums.

Thank you all for your replies. That's already of great help. We once tried a Migration Agent to get a skills assessment as Electronic Tradesperson

back in 2009 and it didn't work out because they didn't do a good job. So this time we want to be sure that the person we deal with knows

what he/she is doing.

@listentotwig: did you go to the 1st contact office in South Africa or here in Australia ?

Thx

May I suggest that before you retain the services of another agent you ask for a written statement about his or her success rate with the ACS?