Medicals

Guest jakeandshelley

Guest jakeandshelley

Just wondered if anyone failed their medicals and if so why? The only thing we have to do now is our medicals so nervous incase we fail and the dream is over!!!

Regards,

shelley Scott

Just wondered if anyone failed their medicals and if so why? The only thing we have to do now is our medicals so nervous incase we fail and the dream is over!!!

Regards,

shelley Scott

We all fret about this one, but honestly its rare to fail. If you have a problem that's hidden, it will be a big one to stop you emigrating and at that, best if you stay near family, so why fret.

I am a very heavy and all most morbidly obese. My blood sugars can be a bit high so I made sure not to take any sugary snacks for a full week before the exam and on the day drank plenty of water, a full badder makes it easier than "no sample" !!!

We made it a "laugh" for the kidz (teens) and they took in their stride, we had a good day (had to travel to Dublin).

We all sailed through.

Chill or as they say no worries.

IrishStew

Guest andylynnchriskirst

I think unless it's something major, that you're probably aware of anyway, there shouldn't be any reason to fail.

I'm 20, and have always had minor issues with my back, and never knew why. It never got that bad to go and get it checked out, but the medicals came back with a note inside saying that I had Scoliosis, which is where the spine is curved. They had to investigate further because mine is actually at the top of the spine, but even that didn't cause us to fail.

I was surprised it cost so much for what they actually did though!