state sponsorship issue??

Guest gbpaving69@hotmail.co.uk

hi im quite new to this site after been on pomsinoz i found this site [well done me],just got 1 niggling question,,does state sponsorship in S A [adelaide hopefully] mean that i have to work anywhere in S A for the 2 years but would not be stuck with an employer for that time[can i pick n choose what company i want to work for in landscaping trade and could i move on to different employer if not working out with original employer,,,i dont like the idea of being tied to a job for 2 yrs if its not working out so to speak, gaz

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi Gaz,

As far as I am aware, if you get state sponsorship you have to stay and work in that state, there is no mention of being tied to a specific employer, however, employer sponsorship is different and i haven't looked into that as its not the direction I am taking.

Guest debbief

hiya Gaz

we are going for the same visa. (SIR)

My understanding of it is...

you can work where you like in the two years,

but if you want to apply for a PR visa after the two years, you have to have been working in your chosen profession for the last 12 mths with one employer.

The SA gov will then require you to stay a further 2 years in SA before you can move interstate,(doesnt have to be same employer) but when you have the visa in your passport there is nothing legally to stop you moving to another state if you want to.

hope this helps?

debs

Guest Nick11

You have to work full time in any profession for 12 months and live in south australia for 2 years. You can apply for pr after 2 years if you fulfill all the criteria, but have 3 years to complete it.

thanks for that people its nice to know you can up sticks after 2 yrs if the works not there,im a landscaper/paver do u know if theres much of that work in woodcroft area nick? gaz

Guest Nick11
thanks for that people its nice to know you can up sticks after 2 yrs if the works not there,im a landscaper/paver do u know if theres much of that work in woodcroft area nick? gaz

It's a booming industry here. In fact I need someone to pave around our pool - when hubby eventually gets around to ordering it!

Personally we won't be moving again when we get pr - it's too much for the kids to take.

Adelaide feels like home anyway.