475 Visa - 2 years Living, Permanency, Questions!

Guest merlino

Guest merlino

Hi all,

Think I might post a little about my situation.

Came here in Feb 2011, I have been working full-time since May 2011, and come May 2013, will be 2 years of working in Adelaide.

Questions,

1. I wish to apply for permanency, likely the subclass 887,

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/

2. To fulfil the 2 years living in Adelaide, what do I need to prove? Is full-time work considered proof of living?

- I am currently living with my gf

- I pay for utilities and electricity but the account is under my gf's name.

- I have receipts of expenditure, medical insurance, food, entertainment, groceries, petrol.

- I have a car, pay for rego.

- I have paid tax (as a resident) for financial year 2011.

Side Note: I have applied for a 1 year extension of my visa (pending medicals, police checks etc). I have calculated and my 475 visa (3 years since 1st point of entry), would be due to "expire" in Jan 2013.

Any assistance on my questions is greatly appreciated.

The 887 is the way to go as it is specifically for people on your visa and is usually a "box ticking" exercise. We did our in Feb this year.

We had rental agreements and the like to prove our living here. If you send in anything with your name on, and an SA address, such as you car rego, invoices from SA companies, wage slip copies from SA companies, bank statements, etc you should be fine. If you get your partner to write a statement declaring that you live with her and contribute to the expenses that will help too.

There is a checklist for the 887 visa, just give them everything it asks for on there. Most of it is easy.

Scan it all, and apply online ( I was advised to by immigration) and if its a good quality colour scan it doesnt need certifying by a JP.

We did ours this way and at the time, these visa were priority processed which might have changed now. We put ours in on monday, and it was granted on friday.

It cost about $300 dollars as I remember. Money well spent!

Guest merlino

JimJustin, thanks for the reply!

That was quick! 7 days for visa grant?

Re: Bank Statements -> Do I need to show statements for each month? I think I may have converted (recently) to electronic! Although I think certified copy of print outs from the bank should be counted I hope.

The 887 is the way to go as it is specifically for people on your visa and is usually a "box ticking" exercise. We did our in Feb this year.

We had rental agreements and the like to prove our living here. If you send in anything with your name on, and an SA address, such as you car rego, invoices from SA companies, wage slip copies from SA companies, bank statements, etc you should be fine. If you get your partner to write a statement declaring that you live with her and contribute to the expenses that will help too.

There is a checklist for the 887 visa, just give them everything it asks for on there. Most of it is easy.

Scan it all, and apply online ( I was advised to by immigration) and if its a good quality colour scan it doesnt need certifying by a JP.

We did ours this way and at the time, these visa were priority processed which might have changed now. We put ours in on monday, and it was granted on friday.

It cost about $300 dollars as I remember. Money well spent!

Guest merlino

Ok I just checked Commonwealth Bank Online... I have online copies of my bank statements dating back to May 2011. I hope print outs from the bank are okay? I think I should get them certified.

---

You can quickly and simply access up to seven years of statements online.

If you are looking for a specific transaction, save time and search your transactions.

If you need a bank issued statement that shows your account activity up until today, you can order a statement.

Select an account from the list below to view and download up to 7 years of statements:

---

You don't need to go overboard with documentation, just enough so they can clearly see you've been living here for the duration of your 475. For example, there's no need to scan in every pay slip ... I included my employment contract and two pay slips a year apart to show continuity of employment.

As with Jimjustin, we got a very quick approval.

Jim

• 5 months later...
Guest immiinadelaide

Hi there

I came here on 475 SIR VISA and i have been working for more than 2 years and i have online bank statments showing that I have been living here from the last three years but i dont have proof of living for around 4 months in the begining as i was living with friend but i have been working and i have ON LINE BANK STATEMENTS PROVING MY ADELAIDE ADDRESS. will that work as living proof.

your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Gaurav

Hi there

I came here on 475 SIR VISA and i have been working for more than 2 years and i have online bank statments showing that I have been living here from the last three years but i dont have proof of living for around 4 months in the begining as i was living with friend but i have been working and i have ON LINE BANK STATEMENTS PROVING MY ADELAIDE ADDRESS. will that work as living proof.

You just need to send proof for the 2 years of living here in Adelaide. So if you lived here for 3 years, but without 4 months in the beginning, you still have more than enough, 2 years 8 months.

Go to the site and check the requirements, basically any "official" document stating your name and address will be sufficient..