Going to Australia next week to validate my visa

path2aus

Hello All,

I am going to Australia next week to validate my PR. I have the visa label on my passport but is there anything else I need to be carrying with me (I will be carrying my grant letter too)? How long does the immigration take once I land in Australia? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Hello All,

I am going to Australia next week to validate my PR. I have the visa label on my passport but is there anything else I need to be carrying with me (I will be carrying my grant letter too)? How long does the immigration take once I land in Australia? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Depends how busy it is when you land tbh. If a few flights come in close together you could be stood in a queue a while but I've never found it too bad. Just have your landing card filled out truthfully, declare food and any other thing if the card asks for it and you have it and you should be fine.

No you don't need anything else and like Snifter said immigration depends on how busy it is. If you're near the front of the plane and there are no other planes landed just before yours you can practically walk straight through. When I came over on my visa the time actually spent at the desk was probably less than when I've been there on holiday.