What happens in Sydney

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

Well we had the meds done 2 days ago so now more waiting:daydreaming:

Was just wondering (as I have nothing better to do) does anyone know what happens when the meds are sent to Sydney, is it a doctor that checks all the info and decides 'yes' or 'no'

Have read some say 'meds finalised in Sydney' and just wanted to know what it was:wacko:

I know it is probably a stupid question but you may get used to them as being on this forum gives me something to do while we wait :notworthy:

Thanks all

Jacqui

Guest Django
I know it is probably a stupid question

No such thing as a stupid question Jacqui.

The meds are finalised when the big fish in the med pool has okayed the meds and they meet up in Oz with the rest of your visa application ready for processing.;)

hi jac

just had our medicals done last week and am wondering meself where are they?

afew questions i would like to ask other folks is do we just sit tight and wait, or do we recieve them in the post and post them off to sydney?

how long do u have to wait to recieve any news, me nerves are gone to pieces just like yours jac.

well as soon as you hear anything let me know and vise verser gurl, good luck

Guest caoimhe

Hi Sue

I know the doctor who done the meds send them as we had to pay the postage out to Syd and you are not allowed to get them back in case you tamper with them:nah:

The receptionist at our doc's told us to wait 2 weeks till the blood tests come back and to ring them a couple of days after and they can give us a tracking ref so we can check on line when they arrive there.

After that I'm not sure, according to some time lines on here it seems to take a couple of weeks in Syd before being sent to Adl

So it's just sit tight and wait and wait and wait:arghh::arghh:

I see you have 4 boys like myself or is Charlie short for Charlotte:wubclub:

23_34_4.gif Hi Jacqui, Great question i was just about to post to ask similiar thing !! We had our medicals done 12th Feb they were couriered to Sydney on the 19th told they would take three days to get there and nothing back yet !!! I wonder if anyone knows how you are contacted to let you know they have been received ?Our agent applied on line visa 475 and i have a reference number to check process, however nothings been recevieved yet or so it says on form !!!!You know what its like everyhtings done ,we just have to wait but its really hard.

Good luck

Karen

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk788YYGB

Guest Tracijbc

Hi there,

Once you send you meds off, you don't actually hear anything unless there is a problem. Once they have been finalised (rubber stamped as ok), they pass the whole kit and kaboodle back to your Case Officer to check it's all ok and then, hey presto!! You get a visa!!

Use this waiting time well. Take it from me, there will be LOADS to do once you get it granted, so why not start sorting your stuff out and chucking/charity shopping the stuff you won't be taking with you. It's very cathartic and will make things a bit easier once you are granted your visa.

Good luck to all of you

Traci xx

Guest Nicky&Andy

:jiggy:hi jaqui same for us ,meds done jan 30th , what slowed us down was the police checks. (the mix up with the cheque they shredded by mistake) so you should hear pretty soon, our agent contacted us , by phone to say yes we had our visa and please send your passports,

good luck with the waiting

nicky

Thanks for the info and good advise Traci. I know i should start planning, but somehow it just doesn't seem real until i get the call saying visa granted. !!! I'm sure i'll be running around at the last minute trying to get everything organised. I can't wait though.How is all your planning going and when do you intend to make the move.

Karen x

Guest Tracijbc
Thanks for the info and good advise Traci. I know i should start planning, but somehow it just doesn't seem real until i get the call saying visa granted. !!! I'm sure i'll be running around at the last minute trying to get everything organised. I can't wait though.How is all your planning going and when do you intend to make the move.

Karen x

Hi Karen,

We have the shippers coming on Monday and I really don't feel ready so this weekend will be spent making sure everything that needs to be in the container will be on show and the stuff we are taking in our luggage will be out of the way!!

We actually leave our house in Nottingham on 26h April and fly out on 30th April, so the weeks seem to be spinning past my eyes at the moment with alarming speed!!

It will be weird that for the first time ever, I will be homeless and unemployed!

Enjoy yourself whilst the stress levels are still low. To be honest, as long as the meds are ok and your police checks are fine, you are pretty well there already. Think positive and start clearing all your stuff out, as it's a bit of a shock when you have to go and get a load of things like I did. For example, my CD storage had to be changed as they were in untreated pine boxes and we have over 300 CD's!! :arghh:

Anyhoo, I've waffled on for long enough, sorry.

I'm sure we'll see you in Adelaide for a beer and a BBQ in the not too dim and distant.

T x

Guest Amelia&Fred

The receptionist at our doc's told us to wait 2 weeks till the blood tests come back

Kuala Lumpur - 2 hours for the blood test results... 29quid for everything including the courier... crazy isn't it??!!!

I think trades description act folks should have a word about the word "Great" in Great Britain :err:

Just a quick question... Did you sit with your doctor to go through Part B of the medical form??? Maybe we got it cheap as they just did it all for us!!!! Maybe we'll have to go back and pay another 29quid for Part B hahaha... I'm sure it's all fine :huh:

Amelia and Fred

www.funkeldink.com

Hi Traci, Hope all goes well with the move, i bet your running around like a headless chicken at the moment !!!!

Still not done much clearing out yet ,however one thing i have sorted out is the CD collection. I bought plastic storage boxes with lids to keep them all safe !!! Also OH in the process of coping them all on three ipods. Somethings you just need to take extra care of, i couldn't leave my music behind i get the feeling you guys are the same !!!.

Where are you settling in Adelaide ? Hold you to the barbie and a glass of red or a few tinnies.

Keep in touch let me know how it all goes.

Karen x

Guest the4hopes
Well we had the meds done 2 days ago so now more waiting:daydreaming:

Was just wondering (as I have nothing better to do) does anyone know what happens when the meds are sent to Sydney, is it a doctor that checks all the info and decides 'yes' or 'no'

Have read some say 'meds finalised in Sydney' and just wanted to know what it was:wacko:

I know it is probably a stupid question but you may get used to them as being on this forum gives me something to do while we wait :notworthy:

Thanks all

Jacqui

Hi Jacqui,

We had our medicals done on 8th Jan, they were sent off on 24thJan. We had confirmation of our visa on 6th March.

Laura x