Banking

Guest happy-jools

Guest happy-jools

Well there, I seem to have heard a lot about Westpac bank account, our visa agent works alongside NAB (National Australian Bank).

Im now wanting to set bank account up as we havnt got long left to go and wonder what peoples opinions are.

Anyone heard of NAB, and what do people think of Westpac.

Dont confuse me with too many banking options, my brain hurts already.:arghh:

Guest Django
Dont confuse me with too many banking options, my brain hurts already.:arghh:

Been on the 'grape juice' again Julia???;)

Good question though. I shall keep an eye on this thread and see what replies you get. Seems as though unless you have x amount of cash in an account you will have to pay for the privilege of having an one. :skeptical:

Pete

We already have an account set up with Westpac.....have found them great so far!

We also rang them up and sorted internet banking which was a breeze!! Still have the telephone numbers/instructions if anyones interested!

We have a normal account and a higher interest savings....we get charged AU$5 a month...and if we have over AU$3000 in either account we dont.

Dan and Steph

Guest happy-jools

Thanks Leanne & Mark for the offer, but I dont think £30 will get you anywhere.

Funnily enough Pete (django) since the camping trip ive kinda gone off the grape juice.

Well in such high quantities.

Strange I wonder why:)

Guest Django
Funnily enough Pete (django) since the camping trip ive kinda gone off the grape juice.

Well in such high quantities.

Strange I wonder why

At least you'll not get cold;):biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest75

I deal with the NAB (National Australia Bank) for some stuff.

It's a huge institution that owns the Yorkshire Bank in the UK.

Very efficient and just as ruthless as any other I'd say.

Guest philnjulie

Hi ,

We Use Nab Only Opened Because Application Form Did Not Cause A Nose Bleed But Since Weve Been Here They Have Been Great But All Banks Charge For The Priviledge Of Having Your Money In Their Pockets. Phil

Hi Julia

We opened a WESTPAC account via HIFX, straight forward process & at one point we were richer in Adelaide than the UK :err:.

Since arriving we have continued banking with WESTPAC but have found that they don't have many ATM machines in the southern suburbs, its not a problem as you can get cash out everytime you go shopping.

We also have a COMMONWEALTH bank account now, they seem very helpful.

Good luck not long now :)

Angela x

Guest Rob and Clare

NAB have a new account available at the moment, if you get your salary paid into the account every month, they waive the fees. If you use your account here as we did in the UK our fees would be $20 - $30 per month. But we also have free banking now with a Community bank, bit like the CO-OP....