State Sponsorship approved, Invitation to apply is in

Guest Geoffry Bakker

Guest Geoffry Bakker

Hooray,

I did a EOI o the 1st of july and applied for a State Sponsorship on the 5th of july.

The State Sponsorship is Approved on the 2nd of September and straight away I got the invitation to apply.

Over the moon.

It looks like the hard work is starting to pay off!

Guest chrisandcord

Great news!! We are in the same boat! Got invitation last week just in the process of filling the main application in! Not the best of forms to fill in though, lots of quirks!

Guest laura coldwell
Hooray,

I did a EOI o the 1st of july and applied for a State Sponsorship on the 5th of july.

The State Sponsorship is Approved on the 2nd of September and straight away I got the invitation to apply.

Over the moon.

It looks like the hard work is starting to pay off!

Hi everyone,

Congrats on your invites. I was wondering how long all of your SS took as I am applying for mine on the 13th :smile:xx

Guest maxLIFE

Hi Laura,

Ours took 7 weeks although it stalled in August due to the Skill Select system being tested. You're probably likely to get a shorter timescale now.

Good luck,

maxLIFE

Guest laura coldwell
Hi Laura,

Ours took 7 weeks although it stalled in August due to the Skill Select system being tested. You're probably likely to get a shorter timescale now.

Good luck,

maxLIFE

Hey Maxlife,

Thanks for your answer. Im not getting notifications on my email though? Arghhh its so exciting. I hope we have our visa by christmas xx

Guest Geoffry Bakker

I applied for the state sponsorship on the 5th of July.

Hi everyone,

Congrats on your invites. I was wondering how long all of your SS took as I am applying for mine on the 13th :smile:xx

Hi,

Its very exciting - I too received a nomination from South Australia and the invitation came from skill select before the notification from Immigration SA. Received on 2nd Sep early in the morning.

Weird thing though and not what I expected... I was ready to apply on the older online application system which was working up until 17 july. Unaware that it was going to change to a new online system, I sent the supporting paperwork on that day (to make sure that it would arrive within the 30 day deadline given from time of submission) and then later on wanted to submit the application online but it wasn't there, rather a newer system was up and running.

I proceeded to complete the new application on the new system and submitted.

A few days later a link was sent for the older system's online application tracking, and although it was theoretically too late to use this system, I submitted my initial appication.

Anyway, long story short, the nomination that I received came from the submission of the application in the older system and not the new one.

I have started the skill select application, but its gonna take some time to complete. Its pretty long.

Congrats you all of you that have received the nomination.

Geoff.

Guest maxLIFE
think its about 17 pages! still waiting for skillselect to sort our the date to problem got them involved now they want to try and fix it!

Thanks, Chris. Hey my wife's a teacher too, primary school and we have a boy who is two next week. Up for a meet up if we both make it over? May be around the same time.:jiggy:

maxLIFE

Thanks, Chris. Hey my wife's a teacher too, primary school and we have a boy who is two next week. Up for a meet up if we both make it over? May be around the same time.:jiggy:

maxLIFE

Hey

I filled in the 190 visa yesterday too, still to upload documents, going to spend time at the weekend doing it.

I am also a teacher and my little one will be 1 in November. We are looking at moving out about next October all going well .x

Hi guys,

I am new here, initially applied for SS on 02nd of August, there were couple of errors (stupid me, only spotted yesterday) so re-applied yesterday. According to South Australia immigration website it may take 12 weeks to get a decision, so we are keeping our fingers crossed!

Just playing the waiting game now!

Guest maxLIFE

Hi obxer7,

Good luck with it!

Think it would be a good idea for a meet up when we all get over, all being well. I'm sure we can support each other through the adventure!

maxLIFE

Guest moby123

hi everyone, just curious that for subclass 190, if we have received state nomination and have filed for EOI, do we get automatic invitation from the DIAC? I got my state sponsorship on 23rd Aug. I filed for EOI on 24th Aug and on the same day I sent NSW with my EOI ref number via email (as requested by them in their state approval letter).

Guest bubbe2005
hi everyone, just curious that for subclass 190, if we have received state nomination and have filed for EOI, do we get automatic invitation from the DIAC? I got my state sponsorship on 23rd Aug. I filed for EOI on 24th Aug and on the same day I sent NSW with my EOI ref number via email (as requested by them in their state approval letter).

Yes 190 with SS gets you an automatic invite to apply for the visa. 189 is points ranked, meaning if you just fall on the 60 points you have a low chance of being invited compared to someone who has 75 or 80 points.

Thanks SwanseaJack and bubbe2005. I found this to be the case from my research also. 190s should get auto invite from SkillSelect. But what's the wait if its auto invite? I do know that my profession is on their list as I got state nomination only couple of weeks back. Is auto invite based on a quota for each month?

Also, after reading some of these posts I am a bit confused that my agent did things in different order. He applied for SS first, got SS nomination, SS inquired where's the EOI ref no, then he filed for EOI, got an EOI ref no, then he emailed the ref no to the state via email. Is that fine?

Edited by moby123