Validating 475 visa and multiple entry? ...pls advise

Guest Urmas

dear all,

need your advise

Our family got *475 regional (SA) sponsorship visas in March 2012 which is expires (first entry by...) in a month time..

We are not ready yet to move permanently ( house, settling things with employer etc.etc..) so we were planning to go for a week in October 2012 to validate visa and then move permanently in 2013..

but I'm bit worry whether we will be allowed entry in 2013 since condition of the visa (on the sticker) says "permitted to remain in Australia for 3 years from the date of first entry (i.e. by March 2015)"?

from another hand there is "multiple travel" stated at the same visa...

does anyone have been it such situation?

please advise ..

thank you

Urmas

dear all,

need your advise

Our family got *475 regional (SA) sponsorship visas in March 2012 which is expires (first entry by...) in a month time..

We are not ready yet to move permanently ( house, settling things with employer etc.etc..) so we were planning to go for a week in October 2012 to validate visa and then move permanently in 2013..

but I'm bit worry whether we will be allowed entry in 2013 since condition of the visa (on the sticker) says "permitted to remain in Australia for 3 years from the date of first entry (i.e. by March 2015)"?

please advise ..

thank you

Urmas

Hi Urmas

there is no problem with you plan. You are allowed basically have multiple trip once your validated your entry. We did the same as you before. Only that when you entered Australia in October 2012, your visa will "expire" three years from there, October 2012. Actually the "life" of the visa is 4 years, from March 2012 to March 2016. The "one year" extension is for people who could not meet the requirement for two years residence and one year work in the first three years, could get another year to do that. But as you use your "extension" in advance (March 2012-October 2012), you only have several months (October 2015-March 2016) to get your permanent visa.

Hope these won't confuse you. But don't worry about you current plan.

regards

Wijaya, many thanks for your response..

for some reason "life" of visa given to us is 3 years from grant date March 12 - March 15..

so latest date when we have to arrive is March-13 .. so this give us 2 years in Adelaide one of which I need to be employed full time..

just wonder what will happened if we arrive ..say May 2013 .. does this mean that in this case we not going to meet visa conditions .. i.e. not be in SA for full 2 years..by March 2015 when our visa expires.. Do you know is it possible to extend 475 visa when living and working in South Australia?.. thank you .. Urmas

dear all,

need your advise

please advise ..

thank you

Urmas

Read your visa grant letter and:

(1) If the applicant satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of the visa, and is in Australia at the time of grant — a temporary visa permitting the holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia until 3 years after the date of grant.

(2) If the applicant satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of the visa, and is outside Australia at the time of grant — a temporary visa permitting the holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia until 3 years after the date of first entry.

(3) If the applicant satisfied the secondary criteria for the grant of the visa — a temporary visa permitting the holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia until the date specified for the applicant who satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of the visa.

475.6 Conditions

[s5 of the Migration Act defines enter, enter Australia, entered, and entry , leave Australia and remain in Australia - see also s4 (object of the Act) and s6 (effect of limited meaning of certain expressions) - LEGEND note]

If the applicant is outside Australia when the visa is granted:

(a) first entry must be made before a date specified by the Minister for the purpose; and

(b) if the applicant satisfies the secondary criteria for the grant of the visa, condition 8502 may be imposed; and

© condition 8515 may be imposed.

If the applicant was nominated by a State or Territory government as described in subitem 1228(3A) of Schedule 1, condition 8539 must be imposed.

If the applicant was sponsored by a person as described in subclause 475.222(3), condition 8549 must be imposed.

Dear Urmas

the "life" of every 475 visa is the same. Yes it''s mentioned that you got 3 years from March 12-March 15 if you live in australia when the visa granted, as Wrussels mentioned below. If your visa granted when you were outside (offshore), the starting date is the date you arrived in Australia (ie March 13). So then, you will have the time untill March 16 but you will need an extension in March 15 because the first three years from March 12 will expire. Hope this clarify. So in essence, don't come more than a year after your initial grant visa date.

regards

sw

• 2 weeks later...
dear all,

need your advise

please advise ..

thank you

Urmas

Hi Urmas,

My spouse and I are going the same route. We have a 475 visa and are visiting Adelaide for a week in October.

We have not had a lot of time to do the research as we received the visa grant end August. We plan to make our final move in March/April next year. Your query has answered several questions for us too.

Cheers

Div

Hi Urmas,

My spouse and I are going the same route. We have a 475 visa and are visiting Adelaide for a week in October.

We have not had a lot of time to do the research as we received the visa grant end August. We plan to make our final move in March/April next year. Your query has answered several questions for us too.

Cheers

Div

Hey!

My husband and I are also going to Adelaide in October. We were granted our 475 visas in august as well. :cute:

Hey!

My husband and I are also going to Adelaide in October. We were granted our 475 visas in august as well. :cute:

That's great to know,, we ll be in Adelaide from 2nd to 9th of October. Our biggest worry was how to register arrival considering we haven't yet received the email with link for registration. We wrote to the immigration sa and were informed that we do not need to register arrival until we have actually shifted.

I hope this is true! It turns out the only purpose this visit will serve is validating the visa.

When are you going to australia?

That's great to know,, we ll be in Adelaide from 2nd to 9th of October. Our biggest worry was how to register arrival considering we haven't yet received the email with link for registration. We wrote to the immigration sa and were informed that we do not need to register arrival until we have actually shifted.

I hope this is true! It turns out the only purpose this visit will serve is validating the visa.

When are you going to australia?

We'll reach Adelaide on the 22nd of October. Will be staying with a friend for a while till we're able to sort things out. I did read about the registration with SA on the immigration SA website. Will send them a mail when we land. Hoping for a good move.

• 3 months later...
Guest mitulrmodi

Hi Wijaya,

I am 475 Visa holder in Melbourne, first entry in Australia on 07 June 2012.

Details as per Visa Grant Letter:

Visa details:

Visa Grant Date: 02 April 2012

Visa Cease Date: 02 April 2015 (Now, 07 June 2015)

Visa Condition: 8549

First entry date:

You must make your first entry to Australia before 24 February 2013. It is not possible to change

this date.

I am the primary applicant and have 2 dependants (Wife and Child).

My dependants have not yet entered in Australia.

Is it possible to extend the entry date for my dependants and what should be the process to do so.

Many thanks,

Mitul Modi

HI Mitul

I am sorry I could not give you a definite answer. The best thing to do is to call Immigration in your state. I went to Immigration several times while here. They are always helpful with answer.

Regards

Hi Wijaya,

I am 475 Visa holder in Melbourne, first entry in Australia on 07 June 2012.

Details as per Visa Grant Letter:

Visa details:

Visa Grant Date: 02 April 2012

Visa Cease Date: 02 April 2015 (Now, 07 June 2015)

Visa Condition: 8549

First entry date:

You must make your first entry to Australia before 24 February 2013. It is not possible to change

this date.

I am the primary applicant and have 2 dependants (Wife and Child).

My dependants have not yet entered in Australia.

Is it possible to extend the entry date for my dependants and what should be the process to do so.

Many thanks,

Mitul Modi

Many thanks,

Mitul Modi

No

They would need to re-apply for another visa and re-do medicals and all Police checks would need to be re-done.

It clearly states in your grant letter "It is not possible to change this date."

• 1 year later...
Guest hendryw

Hi mitulrmodi,

Your dependants not required to entry at first entry, only primary applicant need to.

And their validity visa will came along with yours

Regards

hi

Is there anyone online that can professionally advise on urgent query on 475 visa. We were granted letter confirming 475 in may 2013. It states we had to validate by March 2014 which we done during a 2 week recce. Does this mean we have 3 years from now to meet the 2 year conditions of living in SA and working 1 year full time during this 2 years. Or did the 3 years start when we were granted the letter ie May 2013? And so have to meet the conditions by May 2016 meaning we must be back in Adelaide by May 2014.

I am confused with the dates. If the 3 years only starts from March 2014 - I have up to a year to get over there to start meeting the conditions? If the 3 years starts from date of grant letter issue ie May 2013 then I need to get back over there in next 3 weeks to commencement meeting conditions so I have it done by May 2016

Please advise as this is very urgent and I can't seem to get an answer from any departments.

Thanks Guys

Mazza

hi

Is there anyone online that can professionally advise on urgent query on 475 visa. We were granted letter confirming 475 in may 2013. It states we had to validate by March 2014 which we done during a 2 week recce. Does this mean we have 3 years from now to meet the 2 year conditions of living in SA and working 1 year full time during this 2 years. Or did the 3 years start when we were granted the letter ie May 2013? And so have to meet the conditions by May 2016 meaning we must be back in Adelaide by May 2014.

I am confused with the dates. If the 3 years only starts from March 2014 - I have up to a year to get over there to start meeting the conditions? If the 3 years starts from date of grant letter issue ie May 2013 then I need to get back over there in next 3 weeks to commencement meeting conditions so I have it done by May 2016

Please advise as this is very urgent and I can't seem to get an answer from any departments.

Thanks Guys

Mazza

Here are the relevant regulations:

· 475.5 When visa is in effect

[s5 of the Migration Act defines enter, enter Australia, entered, and entry , leave Australia and remain in Australia - see also s4 (object of the Act) and s6 (effect of limited meaning of certain expressions)

(1) If the applicant satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of the visa, and is in Australia at the time of grant — a temporary visa permitting the holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia until 3 years after the date of grant.

(2) If the applicant satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of the visa, and is outside Australia at the time of grant — a temporary visa permitting the holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia until 3 years after the date of first entry.

(3) If the applicant satisfied the secondary criteria for the grant of the visa — a temporary visa permitting the holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia until the date specified for the applicant who satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of the visa.

· 475.6 Conditions

If the applicant is outside Australia when the visa is granted:

• (a) first entry must be made before a date specified by the Minister for the purpose; and
    • (b) if the applicant satisfies the secondary criteria for the grant of the visa, condition 8502 may be imposed; and
    • © condition 8515 may be imposed.

[*]475.612

If the applicant was nominated by a State or Territory government as described in subitem 1228(3A) of Schedule 1, condition 8539 must be imposed.

If the applicant was sponsored by a person as described in subclause 475.222(3), condition 8549 must be imposed.