Info please

Guest hopefulnurse

Guest hopefulnurse

Hi gang,

have not been on the site for a long time, would love it if anybody could help.

We are both 40 now and and have appointed a migration agent to deal with our application, here in the UK i am a registered nurse and my wife is in the first year of a midwifery degree programme, which she will drop should we receive our visas. i would be very grateful if anybody could give me any idea of how long we will be waiting should everything go smoothly for us to get our visas.

We have decided that now is the time for us to proceed with the application, we have three lads the oldest is 13, 10 and 9. the UK is becoming increasingly tiresome with the drug culture and violence on the streets and with the lads getting older now would be the time to up sticks.

Any info from nurses would be great, i have just sent off for my statement of entry from the NMC once this arrives the application can proceed and be lodged. :daydreaming:

Any guys out there who have any info with regard to starting salaries for general nurses with special interest in palliative care, or midwifery assistants starting salaries.

Have rambled for a bit, will post more questions as and when they arrive.

Cheers guys

Jim n Angie

Hi gang,

have not been on the site for a long time, would love it if anybody could help.

We are both 40 now and and have appointed a migration agent to deal with our application, here in the UK i am a registered nurse and my wife is in the first year of a midwifery degree programme, which she will drop should we receive our visas. i would be very grateful if anybody could give me any idea of how long we will be waiting should everything go smoothly for us to get our visas.

We have decided that now is the time for us to proceed with the application, we have three lads the oldest is 13, 10 and 9. the UK is becoming increasingly tiresome with the drug culture and violence on the streets and with the lads getting older now would be the time to up sticks.

Any info from nurses would be great, i have just sent off for my statement of entry from the NMC once this arrives the application can proceed and be lodged. :daydreaming:

Any guys out there who have any info with regard to starting salaries for general nurses with special interest in palliative care, or midwifery assistants starting salaries.

Have rambled for a bit, will post more questions as and when they arrive.

Cheers guys

Jim n Angie

:biglaugh:

Hi guys well my OH is nurse and he has just landed a job at Royal adelaide Hospital with a Nurse recruitment agent called O'Grady Peyton. They are assisting us with registration Vias etc... you might wanna give them a call .. so far been really helpful and nice x:arghh:

there tel number is 0800 454 103

Guest hopefulnurse

Cheers Judi n the Fishers,

I am waiting for a call back at some point today from O'Grady Peyton, you say that they were really helpful! in what way have they assisted you? are you also registered with a migration agent? and when are you looking to make the move?

We are hoping to head down under sooner rather than later. How long on average is it before you actually hold your visa and are able to go from date of initial application?

Cheers for the info.

Jim

Cheers Judi n the Fishers,

I am waiting for a call back at some point today from O'Grady Peyton, you say that they were really helpful! in what way have they assisted you? are you also registered with a migration agent? and when are you looking to make the move?

We are hoping to head down under sooner rather than later. How long on average is it before you actually hold your visa and are able to go from date of initial application?

Cheers for the info.

Jim

Hi Jim,

OGP fixed us up with an interview with the Royal Adelaide hospital, which ended in job offer... hooray! They are now assisting us with registering with the nursing board of SA, they deal with them on your behalf, chasing paperwork etc if necessary. They are also gonna help us with Visa applications etc so at the moment don't think we will need another agent!

Keep us posted on how you get on

regards Fishers x

Entry level nurses get a base salary of approx $37,000. Late shift penaly rates are 18%, nights 20%, saturday 50%, sunday 75%, public holidays 150%. If you rotate over 7 days you get 6 wks holidays with a holiday loading of 20%. There are 9 levels in RN1 classification. If you have worked for 4 yrs and have further qualifications/ experience you can now apply for RN2 classification to the hospital where you work. The university of SA does a midwifery degree, your wife may be able to get credit for what she has done and apply for a place. Flinders uni also has this degree. In the Womens and childrens hospital I haven't seen any midwifery assistants, I dont think we have them here.

Rachel

• 1 month later...
Guest skimbles

Hi we are the Fisher's too and I have a job to go to at RAH through OGP! I was interviewed on the 3rd March In London. I will be working on A&E.

Put our house on the Market in March and guess what?....... NOTHING!!!

Guest alibongo

Hi

I am also a nurse working in Primary care as a practice nurse. I applied to ANMC and it took about 3 months to do the skills assessment. I got that in July and put in my main application for the family visas in mid August and got my visa approved last weekend. Just waiting for the passports to come back and we'll be flying out in June. so altogether it took about a year.

You will also need to apply to the NBSA ( nurses board of South Australian) for your registration. Other nurses on this site have done it the other way round ie NBSA then ANMC.

I only had to pay A$20 to get registered as I had already paid A$ 600 to the ANMC in July.

Good luck

ALi

Hi we are the Fisher's too and I have a job to go to at RAH through OGP! I was interviewed on the 3rd March In London. I will be working on A&E.

Put our house on the Market in March and guess what?....... NOTHING!!!

hi there fishers,

lets hope OGP don't get us all mixed up......... OH was interviewd same day as you also in London. Keep us posted on your progress. Do you have kids? xx