Pregnant while application is being lodged

Guest TheMacs

Hi,

Our SA application is being lodged in a few days after a lot of paperwork and skills assessments, etc. and once they approve we will hopefully be invited to apply which we have 60 days to accept invitation and lodge application. We are 18 weeks pregnant, our original application stalled as our skills dropped off the required list for a while and in that time got pregnant. We are currently only aiming on coming over next year after the baby is born.

We cant add the baby to our application now as we will need name, date of birth, passport etc.

Does anyone know how we go about addding the baby once its born?

Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? I am even wondering if I am going to be able to get my medicals done while pregnant.

Thanks!

You can't really have the medical done while pregnant so I'd hold fire on that till baby is here (for both of you). Your CO will explain how it works. You'll have to have medicals done soon after.

I think you have to wait till baby is born then add them to the application or apply for their visa once you have your own. I am sure your CO (or agent if you have one) will explain how it works. Or hopefully someone more in the know about it will be along to shed more light.

Usually there is a time frame for the validation time left on a visa once its granted. The clock starts ticking on it from the date of your medical or police check, whichever is first iirc.

Guest richardsons
Hi,

Our SA application is being lodged in a few days after a lot of paperwork and skills assessments, etc. and once they approve we will hopefully be invited to apply which we have 60 days to accept invitation and lodge application. We are 18 weeks pregnant, our original application stalled as our skills dropped off the required list for a while and in that time got pregnant. We are currently only aiming on coming over next year after the baby is born.

We cant add the baby to our application now as we will need name, date of birth, passport etc.

Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? I am even wondering if I am going to be able to get my medicals done while pregnant.

Thanks!

Hi there

I will pass this on to a friend who has/is going through this at the moment. I'm sure she will be able to help.

Guest scmercer

Hi

I became pregnant whilst our application was going through. You cannot have a medical whilst pregnant. I had mine done a couple of weeks after giving birth. I got my daughter's passport when she was a week old and sent a certified copy to my agent who added her onto the application.

It didn't really delay things. Timescale wise, it took about 9 weeks after submitting my daughter's passport and having medicals to get our PR Visa.

I hope this helps !

Sheila

Guest thebeans
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi there,

We have been through/are going through a similar situation and I will share my experience with you in the hope that we can help! Hub was offered a job 2 yrs ago with sponsorship through RSMS giving us PR status when we arrived in Oz. The whole process should have taken about 6 months but ended up taking 2 years to get us here. I fell pregnant, we informed our agent etc. We were told the baby could be added to the visa by submitting a change of circumstances form (I think it is 1022). This is correct but only if your visa has not been approved and the decision is still outstanding. Our baby was born 3 days after our visa was granted, we still did not realise at this time that we could not issue the change of circumstances form....we were then informed that we had to bring daughter in to Oz on an ETA and then apply for child visa (brand new application costing $3k + medical fees and new police checks!). We may have to become an assurance of support for our daughter too, just waiting to hear as the visa has just been lodged.

I have heard that if your case officer knows you are pregnant and knows the due date then they can give you a 6 week discretionary waiting period before they issue the visa to give you chance to get your baby birth cert and passport and medical but this is not standard.

With regards to the medical for mum to be, you can have the medical without chest x-ray and fill out an 815 form, this is a health undertaking that you sign which allows you to enter australia but you must have your chest x-ray after the birth of your child. I have just had my chest x-ray here in Oz.

Basically I would ensure your CO knows the full details, birth date etc and make sure they will not grant the visa until you supply the baby's details. Or I would wait as we are a little nervous now as you can imagine!

I hope all goes well, if you need anything further let me know.

Thanks