6 weeks IN..

taran

Hello Everyone

Its been 6 weeks since we first arrived in adelaide on 457 visa. This post is just to update evryone who have helped us on the way and also to reassure evryone who have just arrived. Life has been healps good so far. We found our rental property in Eden hills within 2 days, Our 7 year daughter started school within 1 week of being here. School has been very nurturing, great and so much fun so far, bought our car in about 2 weeks and started work around that time as well. Our lil girl is loving it so far, we enjoy every moment of it. we try to explore new places and have been to brighton beach, christies beach, adelaide festival centre to watch symphony orchestra, lots of cafes, parks so far. People here are so so friebdly and evryone seems to time for each other. What blows my mind is beauty in adelaide.. the hills and the beaches and the valleys are just too beautiful to describe.

Good luck everyone and hang in there its worth it..

:notworthy:

Sounds great, can't wait to get there ourselves now - roll on April! Can I ask what work you do? And did you line up work before you arrived, as this is my biggest concern at the moment.

My husband is a Cnc machine operator/programmer and I'm concerned about him finding work when we arrive.

I am occupational health physio and work in Royal adelaide hospital. Yes we came on work sponsored visa so job was already lined up. But thres heaps of work available so dont worry about it.

Good luck with everything..

Sounds great, can't wait to get there ourselves now - roll on April! Can I ask what work you do? And did you line up work before you arrived, as this is my biggest concern at the moment.

My husband is a Cnc machine operator/programmer and I'm concerned about him finding work when we arrive.

Hi Natasha,

My hubby is a cnc programmer too, and he has a job lined for when we arrive in a few week. So dont be too concerned, there are cnc jobs out there.

we validated our visa last November and he lined up 3 interviews, all 3 companies offered him work and he accepted one of the jobs.

Let me know of you need any advice.