475 Regional Sponsored I want to move closer to my son

Guest rhodieboy

Guest rhodieboy

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any experience / Idea's on what I am able to do, I am In Adelaide and looking for work, but I really would like to be closer to my Son who lives in Perth, but I am concerned that If I do move then what path to PR is there from me?

Thanks

Simon

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any experience / Idea's on what I am able to do, I am In Adelaide and looking for work, but I really would like to be closer to my Son who lives in Perth, but I am concerned that If I do move then what path to PR is there from me?

Thanks

Simon

May I suggest that as your first step, you check the regulations if force when your visa was granted?

Here are the relevant subclass 475 regulations:

If the applicant was nominated by a State or Territory government as described in subitem 1228(3A) of Schedule 1, condition 8539 must be imposed.

While the holder is in Australia, the holder must live, study and work only in an area specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for item 6A1001 of Schedule 6A or item 6D101 of Schedule 6D, as in force:

(a) when the visa was granted; or

(b) if the holder has held more than 1 visa that is subject to this condition — when the first of those visas was granted.

If the applicant was sponsored by a person as described in subclause 475.222(3), condition 8549 must be imposed.

While the holder is in Australia, the holder must live, study and work only in a designated area, as in force:

(a) when the visa was granted; or

(b) if the holder has held more than 1 visa that is subject to this condition — when the first of those visas was granted

Designated area is defined in regulation 1.03

If moving to Perth looks OK then you might want to consult a registered migration agent about a permanent residence strategy.

Guest rhodieboy

Thanks WRussell

This may seem like a stupid question, but where would I find "in writing for item 6A1001 of Schedule 6A or item 6D101 of Schedule 6D" for September 2010 as that was when the Visa was granted

Thanks

Simon