Advice on agents?

Guest Suzie

Guest Suzie

We are looking to use an agent to help with the emigation process and just wondered if anyone has had any experience of these agents. Has anyone used an agent and could they be recomended and what is the cost? Myself and my husband are secondary school teachers hoping to make the move with our two boys (age 6 and 4).

Any advice would be really helpful!!!

Guest louiesmum

Hi

We didn't use an agent, but just wanted to wish you good luck with it all. I'm sure you will get lots of recommendations for agents on this site

Guest gavnchelle

Hi

We have just started the whole process and are in the middle of completing my husbands skills work assessment. We are using a compnay called emigrating expert, they have charged us £285.00 plus the cost of the visa, medicals...etc. they have been excellent so far although we are only just starting. Everyone seems to be paying over £1000 but this is a one off payment of £285.00 which we found reasonable.

hope this helps, Michelle

Guest Suzie

Thanks to everyone who have given us advice. We will look into all the agents that everyone suggested. Its great to get some recommendations! I am a secondary PE teacher and OH is secondary Maths and PE and Head of House.

Guest Suzie

Our subjects are PE and OH is Maths and PE. Have you found jobs yet, if so how difficult was it? Most jobs seem to be advertised as requiring residence before they will consider you. It would be great to hear how you got the jobs etc.

Guest caoimhe
We are looking to use an agent to help with the emigation process and just wondered if anyone has had any experience of these agents. Has anyone used an agent and could they be recomended and what is the cost? Myself and my husband are secondary school teachers hoping to make the move with our two boys (age 6 and 4).

Any advice would be really helpful!!!

Hi Suzie

we used Visa Bureau £1800 + vat/meds/skills assessment/DIAC fee, very happy with them so far (we have just done medicals)

good luck with your choice

Guest CARMEN

Hi - theres loads of choice out there and I'm sure there all excellent but I can't fault GoMatilda - 2 x payments of £260 & £650 (910 in all plus vat) you can find them at www.gomatilda.co.uk .

Good luck with whoever you choose - you get there somehow!

Guest Libby1971
Our subjects are PE and OH is Maths and PE. Have you found jobs yet, if so how difficult was it? Most jobs seem to be advertised as requiring residence before they will consider you. It would be great to hear how you got the jobs etc.

Hi.

My subject is RE/ Philosophy/ Sociology/ Moral Issues. I can teach IT, SOSE and English too but haven't got long term work. I worked through an agency and got work from July-Oct last year but very little has been advertised since then. Jobs are appearing now and we wait to see what happens.

I contacted schools from the UK before I came telling them the dates of our flights and confirming our visa etc but they weren't interested. Once you are here and registered then they are happier.

Libby x

Guest Suzie

Hi Libby

Yes it does seem to be that the schools want you out there first before they will consider you. Has your OH found work in the Junior Schools? How have you found the education system and working as a teacher? Is it better, worse or jus the same as the UK? You probably have been aked this question many times but I would be grateful if you ould help in my research!

It looks like you are coming up to a year in OZ. Are you glad you made the move?

Suzanne x

Guest Libby1971

Hello

I will be doing a one year in thread when it comes round but in short yes I am glad we made the move. We had been working towards it for 11 years so it was the final step in a long journey.

Hubbie has found that work is pitched at the middle ground almost constantly in most primary schools. Differentiation is sometimes called scaffolding but it isn't taught much at uni apparently (only one source on this, from a recently qualified teacher) and the word is that UK teachers are recognised to be good at this side of things.

I will pm you my details - on this matter there are lots of opinions and don't fancy a heated exchange.

Libby

Guest jaystar

Glad someone posted this. We have been looking at Concept Australia, mainly because they have offices not too far from us so if we needed to we could get into see them and they offer home visits. In fact, someone is coming to see us tonight to hopefully get the ball rolling. Is there anything particularly I should be asking?

I think they are charging us 150 + vat tonight but if end up using them then that is absorbed in and becomes part of their normal price.