Menswear?

Guest ali

Hi everyone,

I'm sure that this is not an all important query but unfortunately I'm flying with Qatar Airways and Malaysia Airlines and even though I have made sure that they understand the fact that I'm emigrating to Australia the baggage allowance hasn't change and I can only carry 27 KG's. I will be leaving behind a lot of my clothes and belongings.

I was wondering where everyone shops for menswear: suits, pants, shirts, ties, etc,. And what the price range is.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Guest Guest5035

I was wondering where everyone shops for menswear: suits, pants, shirts, ties, etc,. And what the price range is.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

today in Myers all the above were 40% + off, prices do vary depending on your taste. But you only need the above if thats the required dress. Normally very casual is the norm, unless you want to look like a pov. There are heaps of clothes shops around and prices vary aswell, in Myers today i bought casual shoes were $139 original, reduced to $79 then 75% off that, plus another pair $30 less 75%, you'll be right.

Stevo

today in Myers all the above were 40% + off, prices do vary depending on your taste. But you only need the above if thats the required dress. Normally very casual is the norm, unless you want to look like a pov. There are heaps of clothes shops around and prices vary aswell, in Myers today i bought casual shoes were $139 original, reduced to $79 then 75% off that, plus another pair $30 less 75%, you'll be right.

Stevo

Thanks Stevo:smile: So if casual is the norm when do people wear formal clothing at work? Casual suits me just fine though:smile:

Cheers mate,:smile:

Ali

Guest Guest5035
Thanks Stevo:smile: So if casual is the norm when do people wear formal clothing at work? Casual suits me just fine though:smile:

Cheers mate,:smile:

Ali

thinking perhaps office boss/lawyers that type??

stevo

thinking perhaps office boss/lawyers that type??

stevo

Maybe not at first Stevo as I will be fairly unknown to employers. I will be working some casual/part time jobs for a couple of months to show my face and talents to potential employers. I gather I will be working in an office or a hotel or a restaurant then so I should dress more in a formal fashion.:smile:

Lots of places supply some sort of uniform as well, or logo-ed polo shirts or whatever. OH does his clothes shopping in Myer mostly for work stuff...as Stevo says, they frequently have serious sales so that's always a good time to stock up. Very few occasions here where you'd wear a tie - top level meetings I guess or interviews is about it.

Lots of places supply some sort of uniform as well, or logo-ed polo shirts or whatever. OH does his clothes shopping in Myer mostly for work stuff...as Stevo says, they frequently have serious sales so that's always a good time to stock up. Very few occasions here where you'd wear a tie - top level meetings I guess or interviews is about it.

I looked at the website Diane. Yes, I think it is a good place to shop for clothes as well. And the sales you and Stevo have mentioned make it all the better:biggrin: I guess the office environment is a bit more relaxed then in OZ:smile:

As fas as I remember only Malaysian, Cathay Pacific and Singapore offered the double baggage allowance so Qatar is probably where it all falls over.

You are probably right:smile: