Can't believe what I'm reading!!!!

Guest Mich&Vin

Guest Mich&Vin

Hi, logged onto site last night and could not believe what I was reading! The amount of negativity about migrating to Adelaide was at an all time high. The way I see it is that at the mo' I am skint and miserable in the UK and have been most of my adult life. The weather is a big downer for me. I think I have that SADS thing. I don't have to be out in the sun to feel good, just opening the curtains and looking at it does it for me, but obviously, here in the UK, those days are few and far between and it really affects my mood. I have no motivation for going out when its dull and dreary and I personally can't wait to move to a climate which I know will keep me smiling. I am under no illusions that moving will suddenly bring us good fortune, I still expect to be skint over there, but I would happily settle for skint in oz - and smiling, than skint over here with a face like a smacked tw*t!!! So why the hell all the negativity. Those already living there, even if they are struggling and finding things tough - well join the real world, things are tough but just take a step back and look at your new world, you've done it. Appreciate it, love it and stop spoiling the dream for the rest of us who would swap places with you in a heartbeat!

Had to get that off me chest!

Michele

Guest Ad1988

Hi, firstly, read everything, learn everything and then make your own judgement.... I am with you on how much the constant cloud, gloom,lack of sunshine REALLY affects your mood when you live in IK, got SO sick of constant cloud and rain etc. made me so fed up!!!! Life in Adelaide.... for us very good, John, Electrician, me, bookkeeper, kids?? (20 & 18) apprenticeships, IT and child care, life for them difficult at first but ultimately such better prospects... what I think I am trying to say is that life is whatever you choose to make it , where ever you are, so go for it...... give it your bestest shot...... go for it peeps!!!!

Kas

take care

Kassia

Guest Django

Great strop Michele. :notworthy:

I couldn't have put it better myself. We don't expect to be any better off than we are here, but we do expect to have a better life for us and the children. Weather does make a difference as does spending more time together in the great outdoors.;)

So long as the bills get paid then no worries.

Pete

Guest graandjac

:)Maybe we should all make a big effort to return the site to the friendly atmoshpere it should be and has always has been , Come on everyone good advice.......great meetups.....and friendly chat. Cheers Graham

Guest louiesmum
Hi, logged onto site last night and could not believe what I was reading! The amount of negativity about migrating to Adelaide was at an all time high. The way I see it is that at the mo' I am skint and miserable in the UK and have been most of my adult life. The weather is a big downer for me. I think I have that SADS thing. I don't have to be out in the sun to feel good, just opening the curtains and looking at it does it for me, but obviously, here in the UK, those days are few and far between and it really affects my mood. I have no motivation for going out when its dull and dreary and I personally can't wait to move to a climate which I know will keep me smiling. I am under no illusions that moving will suddenly bring us good fortune, I still expect to be skint over there, but I would happily settle for skint in oz - and smiling, than skint over here with a face like a smacked tw*t!!! So why the hell all the negativity. Those already living there, even if they are struggling and finding things tough - well join the real world, things are tough but just take a step back and look at your new world, you've done it. Appreciate it, love it and stop spoiling the dream for the rest of us who would swap places with you in a heartbeat!

Had to get that off me chest!

Michele

Hi Michele

I couldnt have put it better myself, you don't get nothing for nothing not anywhere, I for one cannot wait to get over there. We are both prepared to work & work hard when we get there & also enjoy this great oppertunity, grabbing it with both hands. Recently theres been a lot said on the education system, which did start to rub off on me as I have 2 boys & thought OMG I cant afford the really expensive suburbs where it has been said by some that is where the good schools are, but the way I see it there will always be good/bad where ever, whats right for one isnt always right for another. My OH has friends in Oz, & they are all well rounded people with good jobs etc. Here's to Oz bring it on!!

Michele

Guest barmyarmy

i think its like everything in life it has good & not so good points.but like most people on here we need info n some of it may not be great ,thers no good expecting a paradise then when you get there you are dissapointed.but we are all adults & can make our own decisions no one is forcing anyone to move to adelaide, for myself i just want to sell my house pay all my debt off move with my family to a decent standard of life work hard watch my son grow up & watch the sun rise & fall in a new life making new friends & most of all not saying in 3-4 years time what if

Guest Nicky&Andy

the real negative thing about going to adelaide is the painting, if i see another paint brush or paint tin, :arghh: it will be worth it if we get a quick sell, cant wait:jiggy:

Guest jill wright

We're with you guys

We certainly aren't expecting to enter paradise but having gone so far obviously aren't entirely happy with our life here or like you all wouldn't have come up with the idea of emigrating. We want changes and environment is the biggest one for us and I'm sure we'll get that. I've said on other threads one year runs into another here so whats 12 months giving it a good go somewhere else....nothing. we're not highfliers here so don't expect to be over there.The money we're taking is hard earned money from the sale of our house ,we intend to rent for a while so can always come back if need be.

I've seen alot of changes over the last few years having lost a best friend and a family member at an early age unfortunately and it makes you realise what a big deal people make out of life. One minute your here one minute you're not (God am I being deep or what !!!!)

We for one are still up for it and hope all you lovely folk are too

the Wrightsx

Guest sarahsmartiepants
:)Maybe we should all make a big effort to return the site to the friendly atmoshpere it should be and has always has been , Come on everyone good advice.......great meetups.....and friendly chat. Cheers Graham
Sounds nice Gra, but if people ask Qs then they are looking for answers???

I thought that was what the forum was about:GEEK:.

sarah

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

All you guys who want to get here must stay focused on why YOU want to be in Oz/Adelaide, yes this forum and others are helpful for finding out information and facts, but don't let other peoples feelings/findings/opinions of a place be the deciding factor if you make the move or not.

We are all different one persons paradise is another persons hell, I have met a few people who are on the negative side and to me a few reasons for this include,

They can't accept change, can't accept the fact Oz is different, things are done differently(not like back home:arghh:), one of the partners didn't really want to come in the first place, surronding themselves with like minded people, and to me most importantly LACK OF RESEARCH.

So I will say again ONLY you can make the decision, you KNOW why you want to migrate stay positive and focused and you will be surprised how far you can get,

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest TheSweeneys

[quote name=Mich&Vin;27969 but I would happily settle for skint in oz - and smiling' date=' than skint over here with a face like a smacked tw*t!!! So why the hell all the negativity.

Michele[/quote]

Great post Mich,you tell em girl,there all lucky so and sos,but i think theres summit you need to remember.Even in the sunshine Vince will still have a face like a smacked tw*t,hehe.

Please don't shoot me, im playing devils advocate here and I appreciate where your coming from and exactly what you mean about negativity, However, please also try to understand how it is for some over here, yes we're in the sun, living a far better life than back in the UK, but there are no support networks for many and venting on forums like this is sometimes the only way to vent or 'voice' opinions.

Life here is fantastic (for us) but it took a lot of ups and downs to get where we are today, i think to having a balanced view will mean that you dont all arrive with rose coloured glasses.

At the end of the day if your completely committed to getting to aus and making it work then im sure you will regardless of what you read on here.

I think everybody needs to know the ups and downs – yes sometimes it might be offputting to some, but personally I’d rather know. We all have our own reasons for going and we’re not going with rose tinted glasses either. We know there are going to be tough times and there are going to be some really fantastic times, but you take the rough with the smooth don’t you. I completely agree with Guzzler – you can’t go thinking its just going to be like home – because it isn’t! I’ve been looking into this for at least the last 2 years – research is something you can’t do enough of.

I would rather make the effort and go – if it doesn’t work out for us, so be it, at least I tried – rather than having a lifetime afterwards of thinking “I wish”. You have to make the effort when you get there – nothing comes easy in life.

I know I can’t wait to get there – not just for the sunshine etc but for the experience and challenge. I want my kids to have some freedom and choice with their lives, something which I think is seriously lacking in the UK, but they’re going to have to make as much effort as we are.

I don’t mind hearing the bad stuff and as well as the good – at least you’re getting a balanced view, like I said we don’t expect it to be perfect but believe me its got to be better than here!!!

Sorry if that went on a bit - but got if off my chest now!! ;)

Guest caoimhe
we are all adults & can make our own decisions no one is forcing anyone to move to adelaide, for myself i just want to sell my house pay all my debt off move with my family to a decent standard of life work hard watch my son grow up & watch the sun rise & fall in a new life making new friends & most of all not saying in 3-4 years time what if

That sums it up for me too barmyarmy:notworthy: