Hello everyone, my name is Coral Shanley, I am 17 years old and I am currently a year 11 student at Henley High School. As part of our curriculum, we are required to participate in the Research Project, and the topic of the project is completely up to us.
I chose to investigate all about emigration specifically looking at moving from Great Britain to South Australia, as I did this with my family when I was only eight years old.
As part of my research, I have to survey and interview people and thought that this would be a great way to get other immigrants' opinions and journey.
I would really appreciate it if you could answer the general questions listed below, and also know that your opinions and answers will be kept anonymous, and will only be used for the purpose of my Research Project.
Thankyou for your time and I hope to read your responses soon!
1. Why did you decide to move to South Australia?
2. What type of visa did you come over here with?
3. What would you say are the long and short term effects of moving from Great Britain to South Australia?
4. What is the hardest thing that you have dealt with after migrating? (missing friends and family)
5. Are you glad you chose to migrate?Why/why not?
6. Would you recommend migrating from Great Britain to South Australia for anyone thinking about it? Why/why not?
7. How would you describe South Australia compared to Great Britain? Good and bad ways
8. Did you find it really hard to adapt to anything when you first moved here?