SA State Sponsorship - $30,000 funds needed

Guest stum85

Hi

We are currently doing research etc for the SA state application and my agent has told me we would need $30,000 in funds to apply.

We do have savings but nowhere near this amount so will need talot more time to save.

How strict is this requirement and are we required to send proof of funds?

Thanks again

I have just received state sponsorship - you don't need to provide any evidence of funds but I you do need to say on the online form how much you intend to have. Depending on your circumstances you need at least $20,000 cash or savings plus another $5000 in assets.

All the info you need is here.

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104

Hope that helps - good luck!

Your agaent is wrong ps you really don't need an agent . It's a ripoff . You can do the application yourself

You are completely wrong.

You have given advice on a matter about which you know nothing.

Check the financial criteria that apply to state/territory nominations and the supporting evidence required by different states and territories.

Guest Guest6899

we never had to show funds but did have enough to cover if we did.. lots of people come out with peanuts and also didn't have to show any funds. you just have to be able to provide for yourself and not rely on handouts.

+ Elaine is correct, many people do not use agents, to save some cash you can easily do it yourself, many people do. We applied for state sponsorship alone, but used an agent for the main visa as ours was complicated due to health reasons and wanted experience.

Good luck

Edited by Guest6899

We came in on a temp state sponsorship visa - 5 years ago, so thing have changed...and visas do change all the time....

But we were short by a few points and had to give $100k bond......(which was returned to us after 12months)..

..so funds are sometimes requested.

Listen to your agent - its his job to get you in by the best means he can

Good luck

Sarahx

Guest AngPhil

We did our visa ourselves. We had to fill in our assets etc for the state sponsorship, but were not required to show any evidence. Just a quick word of warning, we have spent over $20k already and my OH ha a job wihin 2 weeks. First few months it is just paying out driving licences, bond for house etc etc.

good luck

Hi, we came over on a state sponsored visa in 2011, and as you have said your agent is right about the funds. You are required by SA to have $30,000 as a back up. You will get a form to fill in with all your assets that you believe you will have when it comes to moving to Oz. Now, to word this right, when we did this, we filled in the form to what we thought we would have..... (ticked all the boxes that were required) booked an appointment with a JP (justice of the peace at the local courthouse and he signed the forms and stamped them with an official stamp) and that was that. No proof required. So i will let you make up your own mind on that.

As for an agent been a rip off, i find that statement a bit harsh. Yes they are a bit pricey but if your busy with work like we always were, and two kids to put up with they are a god send. And they managed to get our visa in 6 months others who started their application at the same time as us were still trying to get there visa a year and a half later.

Goood luck

Guest Chris_J

I don't think agents are a rip-off but maybe an unnecessary expense if you're a straight forward case. Ours was most use during skills assessment but not too sure after that, good for checking the application was filled out correctly checking the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed blah blah. SA didn't ask for proof of funds but we're ok on that front. There are other states that definitely will ask for proof of funds. Besides I can't recall it being a cash amount now, it was when they ask and at that I think it can be equity in your house etc. I seem to recall the SS form advising you not to sell assets such as your house until the visa is approved because well, you may not get a visa.

• 3 weeks later...
Your agaent is wrong ps you really don't need an agent . It's a ripoff . You can do the application yourself

The original post was about having the funds for state sponsorship.

What is required and the evidence for it is different for states/territories.

Some jurisdictions are bureaucratic to a fault and if the decision maker cannot tick the box (for example: evidence of $10 000 cash at bank) s/he doesn't.

On the other hand with a confirmed job offer, or strong expressions of interest from prospective employer/s or a property purchase, or confirmed local support from family member/s, or previous visits to or employment in the jurisdiction (and so on) and a well-prepared budget estimate, a case can be made that visa applicants have adequate funds for 'settlement' purposes.

Before a registered migration agent agrees to manage a case s/he must be satisfied are at least 'reasonable' (not defined) prospects of success. If an identified visa strategy relies on state or territory nomination, there is a significant amount of work to be done before taking instructions to proceed.

The number of ways of being refused is increasing. I have recently been approached by several DIY applicants who stand to be refused for over claiming on EoI, one believed that because s/he held a recognised degree that s/he met the Australian Study requirement - bad luck. Several others had claimed work experience (presumably genuinely) which they could not substantiate to the satisfaction of DIAC. It is particularly distressing when the FACT of employment is not at issue there being a generic employment certification underpinned by taxation and salary advice documents, but evidence of duties is lacking (were the duties 'closely related' to those of the nominated occupation? - the company was no longer trading and the visa applicant had moved to another country and was unable to contact any relevant person associated with the bankrupt company. Are any of the those who assert that RMAs rip off clients and advise DIY and/or who find my posts cryptic ready to offer a solution?

Guest deardos

They are all are right you do have to say you have a certain amount to bring over on migration, but they dont ask for any proof. 20000 + 5000 for each individual person. Some people on this post are also right in saying dont use an agent ... only use if your personal circumstances are difficult.

I am 33 with a wife and 2 kids and have a job on the skills list. I DIYed and the process was straight forward. With help from PIA and PIO all the niggling questions will be answered.

They are all are right you do have to say you have a certain amount to bring over on migration, but they dont ask for any proof. 20000 + 5000 for each individual person. Some people on this post are also right in saying dont use an agent ... only use if your personal circumstances are difficult.

I am 33 with a wife and 2 kids and have a job on the skills list. I DIYed and the process was straight forward. With help from PIA and PIO all the niggling questions will be answered.

It is open to the DIAC to conduct 'integrity checks' on all claims made in an application and they do. The DIAC selects applications 'at random'? to conduct such investigations. Some states require certified evidence of funds and in various circumstances other states require certified evidence. At random is more likely if an applicant happens to be Asian, but the days when UK citizens were subject to cursory checks, or no checks at all applied are historical.

I appreciate that you are not suggesting that applicants should present false information, but presenting the notion that 'they don't check' is dangerous advice.

Checking is an interesting question.

This may not be appropriate, and I do not in anyway endorse what this person did, but a former colleague of mine (now living in OZ) reproduced an entire three months of bank statements from his online account using excel and photoshop.

He 'adjusted' his balances to show $80k+ rather than the $5/6k he had These were carefully done showing regular payments and interest payments and unless you checked with the bank (unlikely in the middle east) difficult to challenge.

E-statements are not accepted by some establishments for good reason.

• 1 year later...
The original post was about having the funds for state sponsorship.

What is required and the evidence for it is different for states/territories.

Some jurisdictions are bureaucratic to a fault and if the decision maker cannot tick the box (for example: evidence of $10 000 cash at bank) s/he doesn't.

On the other hand with a confirmed job offer, or strong expressions of interest from prospective employer/s or a property purchase, or confirmed local support from family member/s, or previous visits to or employment in the jurisdiction (and so on) and a well-prepared budget estimate, a case can be made that visa applicants have adequate funds for 'settlement' purposes.

Before a registered migration agent agrees to manage a case s/he must be satisfied are at least 'reasonable' (not defined) prospects of success. If an identified visa strategy relies on state or territory nomination, there is a significant amount of work to be done before taking instructions to proceed.

The number of ways of being refused is increasing. I have recently been approached by several DIY applicants who stand to be refused for over claiming on EoI, one believed that because s/he held a recognised degree that s/he met the Australian Study requirement - bad luck. Several others had claimed work experience (presumably genuinely) which they could not substantiate to the satisfaction of DIAC. It is particularly distressing when the FACT of employment is not at issue there being a generic employment certification underpinned by taxation and salary advice documents, but evidence of duties is lacking (were the duties 'closely related' to those of the nominated occupation? - the company was no longer trading and the visa applicant had moved to another country and was unable to contact any relevant person associated with the bankrupt company. Are any of the those who assert that RMAs rip off clients and advise DIY and/or who find my posts cryptic ready to offer a solution?

I understand this is an old thread but one that might help me...

@Wrussell , does this mean if you cannot show your agent that you have the required settlement funds at the time of your intended application (or nearabouts) that they would likely not be willing to take you on as a client...maybe due to it being a realistic possibilty that the visa could be refused?

We want to apply ASAP but would not have the required funds until we actually plan to make the move in say a couple of years.

Edited by jodipodi

Guest holliepop
I understand this is an old thread but one that might help me...

Wrussel, does this mean if you cannot show your agent that you have the required settlement funds at the time of your intended application (or nearabouts) that they would likely not be willing to take you on as a client...maybe due to it being a realistic possibilty that the visa could be refused?

We want to apply ASAP but would not have the required funds until we actually plan to make the move in say a couple of years.

Hi Jodipodi,

We were granted our 190 visa in November and at time of lodgement we weren't required to show proof of funds or at any other point. We will have the suggested funds by the time we fly out in February. They don't check your funds on entry to the country I just think that SA immi suggest the figures so that migrants can be realistic with regards to settling in a new country and the finances involved.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jodipodi,

We were granted our 190 visa in November and at time of lodgement we weren't required to show proof of funds or at any other point. We will have the suggested funds by the time we fly out in February. They don't check your funds on entry to the country I just think that SA immi suggest the figures so that migrants can be realistic with regards to settling in a new country and the finances involved.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou Holliepop, that does make me feel a little better thanks.... Did you have near the required funds when you applied?.. Did you have an agent? X

Edited by jodipodi

Guest holliepop
Thankyou Holliepop, that does make me feel a little better thanks.... Did you have near the required funds when you applied?.. Did you have an agent? X

We didn't have the funds when we first applied but will have around $26ishK in out australian bank account when we go in February.

We did have an agent as well, I think as we aren't married it was worth having an agent as I probably wouldn't have thought to provide a lot of the evidence we sent in the end.

We didn't have the funds when we first applied but will have around $26ishK in out australian bank account when we go in February.

We did have an agent as well, I think as we aren't married it was worth having an agent as I probably wouldn't have thought to provide a lot of the evidence we sent in the end.

Would you mind saying which agent and did they have a problem taking you on with you not having the funds at the time? Just thinking on what wrussell has said above...hoping an agent will be comfortable taking us on to help us as I'd not be confident doing it alone. We wouldn't go until we had a good amount to settle but obviously that's hard to prove to anyone who doesn't know you personally xx

Thankyou Holliepop x

Guest holliepop

We used The Emigration Group. From my understanding, and experience, the agent doesn't ask for proof of funds. After the visa has been granted you have a year-ish/date from your medicals to enter the country. I just stated in our statement for state sponsorship that we would have X amount of $ when we made the move. A lot of people won't have the funds available whilst they are completing the visa application as this is also costly- with agent fee's the entire process has cost us around £8K +. I wouldn't worry about showing funds, just make sure they are available once you make the move, no one has asked to see our funds as yet and I doubt that they will- although they are very welcome to check once we depart :wink: