any advise shipping a Ford Galaxy?

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi GANG

Not been on for a while!Long story and all the negativity lately doesn't help!

But just after some advice from you knowledgable people!

What info can you give me regarding shipping our recently bought Ford Galaxy?

Is it worth the expense and hassle taking it with us or not?

How much would it cost us to ship out?

Just thought it would save us the expense of buying a people carrier once out there if didn't cost too much to get it there!

Anybody else taken their vehicle out with them?

Cheers guys

Guest graandjac

:)Hi Jill, i think a one off car shipment has to be packed into a container, with a wooden frame inside the container to protect the car . We did look into the cost of a container for us to pack ourselves and the cost was in the £2,300 region , although iam not sure if there is any additional taxes involved. Cheers Graham

As I'm not a machanic I have no idea if this thought should be considered but...

They don't have the Galaxy here so if something goes wrong with it will getting it fixed or getting replacement parts be expensive?

I drove a Galaxy in UK and I love my wagon, here I drive a Kia Carnival as it's the closest I could get to a Galaxy and I do love my new wagon. After driving this type of car for about 7 years I could never go back to a 'normal' type car.

Guest cunnah10
:)Hi Jill, i think a one off car shipment has to be packed into a container, with a wooden frame inside the container to protect the car . We did look into the cost of a container for us to pack ourselves and the cost was in the £2,300 region , although iam not sure if there is any additional taxes involved. Cheers Graham

Cheers for your reply!Seems a lot of money to ship out on top of a container full of the contents of the house etc!

Guest alibongo

hi

we briefly looked into taking our car with us. shipping costs were about £2000 but there is a roll on roll off ferry you could look into which is cheaper but not so safe for the car ie could end up with scratches etc.as not put into a container just driven onto a ferry so I understand.. you have to apply to see if your car is eligible to ship which you have to do before it leaves the UK, and then you have to pay for cleaning/disinfecting here and apparently in Aus too. Also seemed to us to have lots of custom and tax charges so for us wasnt worth it but then our car is 5 years old .. We got the forms from one of the shipping firms when we asked for a quote. If I can find the paper work i will let you know but I think i may have thrown it out!

Ali

Guest cunnah10
As I'm not a machanic I have no idea if this thought should be considered but...

They don't have the Galaxy here so if something goes wrong with it will getting it fixed or getting replacement parts be expensive?

I drove a Galaxy in UK and I love my wagon, here I drive a Kia Carnival as it's the closest I could get to a Galaxy and I do love my new wagon. After driving this type of car for about 7 years I could never go back to a 'normal' type car.

No point even thinking about it really if they don't have ford galaxy out there!

Not worth taking the chance it needed parts etc....

Will sell it and start again!

Thanks for info much appreciated!

Guest cunnah10
hi

we briefly looked into taking our car with us. shipping costs were about £2000 but there is a roll on roll off ferry you could look into which is cheaper but not so safe for the car ie could end up with scratches etc.as not put into a container just driven onto a ferry so I understand.. you have to apply to see if your car is eligible to ship which you have to do before it leaves the UK, and then you have to pay for cleaning/disinfecting here and apparently in Aus too. Also seemed to us to have lots of custom and tax charges so for us wasnt worth it but then our car is 5 years old .. We got the forms from one of the shipping firms when we asked for a quote. If I can find the paper work i will let you know but I think i may have thrown it out!

Ali

Thanks for reply Ali

Don't go to any bother digging paper work out as probably not worth the hassle and expense!

Will just sell and start again!

Cheers

Gill