Before I start explaining the situation, I am aware that there are people that are going to judge me on this issue but please be assured there are other factors involved that I am not openly discussing on this forum. I am here to ask, from other members that have been through this complicated process for some advice in my situation. Whilst some people will disagree with my decision to move the children away from their father, this was my decision to make and one that has already been made and I havent come here to by judged or insulted. My children are my number one priority.
Anyway basic facts are...
Ex walked out on me for other woman despite us having a 4 and 2 year old.
I met my current partner soon after and we openly discussed Australia.
Ex got other woman pregnant and soon after walked out on her pregnant and has never seen the child since.
I have rebuilt my life, I am studying to be a MH nurse and will qualify in Sept 2014.
My partner has family in Adelaide and we wish to join them as soon as possible.
I have spoken to employers in Adelaide who have reassured me I would have no issues securing employment.
I have researched incmoe/expenditure based on myeslf working and partner constinuing distance learning from home and believe we would have enough to live a good life.
We do however, need to start the process of applying for Removal From Jurisdiction. My ex has refused to allow permission to let them go (which I fo understand) however we still feel this is something we need to do for both our sakes and the childrens future. We have even offered for the ex to come with us and we will help him financially.
We would like to take the next step however the posts on here are all a few years old and I have read on a solicitors page that you now need to arrange mediation first. Has anyone any idea of how to do this and if you attend and no decision is reached then surely the first hearing is pretty much the same process?
Iv emailed a few solicitors to get some information first and for them to give us their opinions, however they are slow at responding.
Is there anyone who have gone through the process recently and possibly represented themself until the final hearing able to offer me some advice on initial costs? We are putting together our case file to present to the court at the moment and have given ourselves till end of Feb to get this is really good order. I am certain that we have subdivided into the correct sections and subsections and are now contacting relatives in Aus for further info.
Thanks for reading this far, it was a fairly long post!