Anyone moving to Adelaide Autumn 2013?

apple

Hi I am moving to Adelaide with my family Autumn 2013, visa process permitting. I am hoping to network a bit with other families before moving. I am a nurse and my husband is an IT service delivery/project manager. We have 2 daughters 7 and 5 yrs. I have a positive skills assessment and IELTS academic passed. We are 4 weeks into the expression of interest process, and just getting our house ready for sale in the spring.

I have read that if you group book flights with some airlines for about 10 people then you can get discounts. this is a long shot but am wondering if any families might want to get together to book and share the discount? Just a thought. Good luck to other PIA users. I look forward to hearing your stories.:smile:

Guest weshardy5

Hi all.

Yes we're planning around the same time October / November next year.

myself Wes, electrician. Rachel,Joshua 17 by then Tyler 13 by then and Jacob 1 year.

all visas granted and validated except for Jacob who was born in April so we need anchild visa which I believe takes around 6 to 8 month

we will lodge in new year.

Guest JennyMitch

Hiya

We're hoping to move next Autumn. We have just applied for out visas now.

We are based in Wesy Yorkshire.

There's me, the Hubby and our little girl Isla who will be 3 then.

Good luck!

Hiya

We're hoping to move next Autumn. We have just applied for out visas now.

We are based in Wesy Yorkshire.

There's me, the Hubby and our little girl Isla who will be 3 then.

Good luck!

We are flying on 11th July, can't wait. Going with my partner (who will be my husband by the time we go) and our daughter who will be 20 months. We have booked fully furnished accomodation in Seacliff for 4 weeks and in that time will hopefully get jobs sorted and get unfurnished accomodation elsewhere.

We are based just outside Glasgow but will be flying from Manchester as it is considerably cheaper.

Guest Charl.M

Hi all. We are moving around August/September time. (visa permitting) I am a nurse and my husband is an electrician. What sort of nursing do you do apple? We have 2 children Lewis 14 and Layla may will be 3!

Im not far from liverpool. About 25 mins or so!

I have done the IELTS and skills are being assessed at the minute! Our house has just sold an we are moving in with the in laws in feb!!! (should be fun) Bt should save quite a bit! Lol

Charl xx

Guest laura coldwell

Hello everyone :)

My husband and I, along with our two dogs are moving to Adelaide in August. Maybe we should have a pre move meet up? It looks like we are all pretty close. I am from Halifax w.yorks xxx

Guest laura coldwell
That sounds like a plan Laura. Some time early next year could be good.

Definitely, Australian cork hats are a must :) Maybe around Feb time? Is anyone else interested? x

Guest twharldall

Hi Elaine

Hello my name is Tracey my Husband is called Graeme we have had our Visa for a year now activated in Mar this year had a great time in Adelaide, Melbourne for 3 weeks, just wetted our appetite for what we have to look forwarded to. When we get there, hoping for spring but could be Autumn, Having problems selling house, what with the recession and all, I would maybe consider getting it on the market now, not sure where you live, we live in Cumbria which apparently is not good because the houses are selling slower up North than down South.

Given up applying for jobs Graeme is a Plumber, sure we will get a job on arrival but it is scary giving everything up, do you feel the same?

hi. im sally my husband gary is a plumber and we have a 10 year old daughter.we live in clitheroe. have just got our state sponsorship and our invitation. our agent will be applying for our visa very soon. hoping to be in adelaide by next summer 2013.would be nice to meet other familys who are making the move .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone and Merry Xmas :xmas15:

Its great to hear all your stories!! It's exciting times!!!

Myself (Nat) & my husband (Gaz) are also planning to make the big move mid 2013!!

We had our Visa granted last year, we validated the visa in March this year, we had an amazing time in Adelaide, Melbourne and Mildura.

Hubby is a Painter & Decorator, I work in the Insurance Industry, we are looking to find jobs on arrival unless we are lucky enough to secure a job before we go.

We currently live in Wigan and are very much looking forward to next year!!

'Yipppeeee for 2013'!!! :jiggy:

Guest cloudnine

Hi, We're hoping to move in July/August. We own our own company so are waiting on it's sale. We have a little boy and girl aged 6 and 2 respectively. Been to Adelaide a couple of times now. Would love to meet up. We're hoping to live in the Rose Gardens/Norwood area.

Hi all, just a note to say thanks so much for replying to this thread over last few weeks. Been really interesting reading. We will plan a meet up with open invitation via this thread . My husband and I would love to meet up with you guys. Hopefully make friends to meet up with other end. so furthest north post I think has been TWHARLDALL in Cumbria and south would be Jasonkath in Northampton. I will look for a family and dog friendly pub close to motorway at a midway point. I suggest a sunday morning in Jan/feb. Hope you can come along!

ADELAIDE BOUND MEET UP!!

Sunday 20 January 2013, 1130 hrs

Location; http://www.themidlandleeds.com/

The Midland Hotel - woodlesford. Near to J30 M62 and J45 M1. This place gets a good write up on trip advisor, and is family and dog friendly. with car park.

Hope you can come. would be lovely to meet you. If you can give me an idea if you can come, i will let them know and book some tables.

PS. if anyone has some Adelaide photos to bring along, i would love to see them, have not been to Adelaide yet.

Guest The Bells

Hi all

hopefully our 457 visa will come through by the end of

March (fingers crossed) and we can go for it!! Three if us and poodle !! Altho dreading Jerry's adventure as he's our baby!!

love to keep in touch guys with all our info and experience/advise

Em & Graham

Guest The Bells

Hi Apple !

sounds great idea . My husband was over in Adelaide in November for job interview and took loads if pics ...... I even had him going in major supermarkets picking up leaflets so we'd have an idea in grocery prices lol !!!

keep us informed if any meet ups as we live in Cheshire area.

oky doky

Emma&Graham

Hi Emma and Graham! Would love to have look at your Adelaide pics. Hope you can come to Meet up 20 Jan? See above on thread. Not too far from you i think. Also worried about how our dog will cope with journey, he is a skinny rotweiller and not very courageous. think we will have to knock him out like Mr T on a team.