• Page 1057 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 575579571007104710551056105710581059106711071157 ... LastLast
    Results 10,561 to 10,570 of 12972
    Like Tree2540Likes

    Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?


    1. #10561

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      88
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Benjayden View Post
      Hi all, just a quick question.
      i am on 489 and will be applying for 887 soon
      my wife, she is not staying in Australia even she was granted 489 as my depandent 2 years ago
      we had a baby boy last year and we didnt add him into 489 either

      question
      soon i will be applying for 887, is it possible to add them as my family depandent even they are not staying australia for past two years and will not be in Australia during 887 application process
      Did your wife made an initial entry to activate her 489 visa?

    2. #10562

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Posts
      1
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

      Cool 887

      Hi Everyone,

      I just wanted to add myself to the thread because I've just applied for my 887 visa yesterday (27 March) after spending two years in Darwin :).

    3. #10563

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      201
      Liked
      46 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Benjayden View Post
      Hi all, just a quick question.
      i am on 489 and will be applying for 887 soon
      my wife, she is not staying in Australia even she was granted 489 as my depandent 2 years ago
      we had a baby boy last year and we didnt add him into 489 either

      question
      soon i will be applying for 887, is it possible to add them as my family depandent even they are not staying australia for past two years and will not be in Australia during 887 application process

      Hi

      887 is Onshore visa.

      And one thing...Only and Only Primary Applicant has to full fill visa condition of living in regional area and other condition.you wife and baby have to be in Australia on the day when you want to apply for 887.

      you should not apply 887 unless your family is here.if you still have your 489 visa valid for next 1 year and more then you should wait or if you really want to get PR then ask you wife and kid to come here...but you have to add you kid first into your file.

      before doing anything,just advise department about your child birth by filling changing of circumstances form.once your child is added then ideally you should bring your wife and your child here and then apply for 887 straightway.when your family arrives then you can apply for 887 same day when everybody is onshore.your entire family has to be in Australia before applying and before 887 decision.

      adding your spouse later will be a hectic and not advisable solution.

      in worst case..you should wait for applying 887...if your 489 is expiring then you can think of subsequent 489 to make it live for another 4 year.

      if you ask me personally then you should bring your family here for 887 visa process...its a matter of maximum 6 months...you will get grant in less period.you all will be PR then you can stay where ever you like


      Apologies if i misunderstood your condition and given my personal view.

      Sanjeev
      Last edited by sanjeevkathuria; 29-03-2016 at 03:27 AM.
      VJ475to887 likes this.

    4. #10564

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Posts
      4
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Thanks guys for taking the time to read and provide valuable advises, really appreciate the effort! I rang immigration on this issue this morning, below are the instructions from them

      489 holder expecting a baby in Australia will need to complete Form 1022, mail to Brisbane office and will be advised a process fee of AUD 900

      489 holder expecting a baby outside Australia will have to submit Application for Provisional Skilled Regional - Subsequent Entrant Visa (489) after baby in born and a fee of AUD 3600

      887 is a pathway from 489, it means that you will need to be a holder before you are eligible to apply for 887

    5. #10565

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Posts
      3
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hello all. I need some advice here. My 489 visa (sponsored by relative) was granted in Jan 2014 - when I first applied I wasn't expecting the visa to be approved within a short time frame. Anyway so I did make my first landing in the same year and as I was getting married in 2015, we did not make plans to move over officially. We got married in July 2015 and subsequently, my husband applied for a subsequent entrant visa under me and his visa was approved in September 2015. We only made plans to move this year after we settled our work and family issues. We recently made a trip to Australia for his first landing. Our 489 visa expiry is Jan 2018 and from the look of it, we will not be able to fulfill the condition of living for 2 years to apply for visa 887. When we move to Australia, we will be staying with my cousin first who sponsored me before we find our own place. What happens if we do not meet the 2 years requirements? When is the latest do we have to apply for 887? Can we do it just before our visa 489 expires in Jan 2018 so that we achieved a longer time? Do we get a bridging visa to continue staying in Australia until the outcome on our 887 application is known? Also, is there a visa renewal for visa 489? Or is this a one time visa? Looking for some answers here if someone can help :) thank u!

    6. #10566

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Posts
      3
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by daphnexy View Post
      Hello all. I need some advice here. My 489 visa (sponsored by relative) was granted in Jan 2014 - when I first applied I wasn't expecting the visa to be approved within a short time frame. Anyway so I did make my first landing in the same year and as I was getting married in 2015, we did not make plans to move over officially. We got married in July 2015 and subsequently, my husband applied for a subsequent entrant visa under me and his visa was approved in September 2015. We only made plans to move this year after we settled our work and family issues. We recently made a trip to Australia for his first landing. Our 489 visa expiry is Jan 2018 and from the look of it, we will not be able to fulfill the condition of living for 2 years to apply for visa 887. When we move to Australia, we will be staying with my cousin first who sponsored me before we find our own place. What happens if we do not meet the 2 years requirements? When is the latest do we have to apply for 887? Can we do it just before our visa 489 expires in Jan 2018 so that we achieved a longer time? Do we get a bridging visa to continue staying in Australia until the outcome on our 887 application is known? Also, is there a visa renewal for visa 489? Or is this a one time visa? Looking for some answers here if someone can help :) thank u!
      in addition to above, does it mean if we do not fulfill the 2 years, we shouldn't even try to apply for the 887 because they would not even grant us a bridging visa? Anyone can advise how best we can proceed?

    7. #10567

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      88
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by daphnexy View Post
      in addition to above, does it mean if we do not fulfill the 2 years, we shouldn't even try to apply for the 887 because they would not even grant us a bridging visa? Anyone can advise how best we can proceed?
      You should fulfill the 2 years residency before you can apply for 887 visa..in your case since your visa will expire before fulfilling the residency requirement, i think you need to apply for renewal of the same visa and proceed with the 887 application once you complied with the residency req. i suggest better ask dibp about your case...you can send message via their facebook account on the top of the page and they usually respond on private email( include your email address).

    8. #10568

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      88
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by daphnexy View Post
      in addition to above, does it mean if we do not fulfill the 2 years, we shouldn't even try to apply for the 887 because they would not even grant us a bridging visa? Anyone can advise how best we can proceed?
      Take note, you also need to work at least 1 year fulltime

    9. #10569

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Posts
      3
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by WGar View Post
      You should fulfill the 2 years residency before you can apply for 887 visa..in your case since your visa will expire before fulfilling the residency requirement, i think you need to apply for renewal of the same visa and proceed with the 887 application once you complied with the residency req. i suggest better ask dibp about your case...you can send message via their facebook account on the top of the page and they usually respond on private email( include your email address).
      Hello WGar, thanks for your advice. Do u know how do we apply for renewal of our visa? I'm aware of the 1yr work requirements. Cheers

    10. #10570

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      88
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by daphnexy View Post
      Hello WGar, thanks for your advice. Do u know how do we apply for renewal of our visa? I'm aware of the 1yr work requirements. Cheers
      I cannot find any related topic on this scenario...the 489 extended pathway is for holders of certain visa subclasses not 489. I suggest seek advice from DIBP

     

  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Visa Update.
      By PEZ in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 24-02-2009, 11:47 AM
    2. My Visa Connections Update
      By andrew_obrien in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 27-08-2008, 12:39 AM
    3. Visa processing times ....update!!!
      By cunnah10 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 26-08-2008, 08:47 AM
    4. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
    5. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:46 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums