• Page 110 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 10601001081091101111121201602106101110 ... LastLast
    Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 12972
    Like Tree2541Likes

    Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?


    1. #1091

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      3
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      HI 887 Applicants,

      May I know that is it mandatory to work full time in nominated occupation ?
      or we can work any job irrespective to the nominated occupation but be full time paid ?

      I am worried about it as I am in NSW Queanbeyan and is unable to found any job in my occupation from 2 months.
      Your suggestions are welcomed.

    2. #1092

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Adelaide, Australia
      Posts
      28
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by dugles View Post
      HI 887 Applicants,

      May I know that is it mandatory to work full time in nominated occupation ?
      or we can work any job irrespective to the nominated occupation but be full time paid ?

      I am worried about it as I am in NSW Queanbeyan and is unable to found any job in my occupation from 2 months.
      Your suggestions are welcomed.
      Refer to http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ional-area.htm
      which says,

      There is no restriction on the type of work that you may undertake.
      You could work for an employer or yourself. The only restriction is that the employment must be both of the following:
      • full time
      • undertaken in a Specified Regional Area in Australia.


      Cheers,

    3. #1093

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Posts
      60
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hi,

      You can do any job as long as it is covering 35 hrs a week & overall 52 weeks in two year time.
      It is not mandatory to work in ur nominated occupation.

      Cheers

      Quote Originally Posted by dugles View Post
      HI 887 Applicants,

      May I know that is it mandatory to work full time in nominated occupation ?
      or we can work any job irrespective to the nominated occupation but be full time paid ?

      I am worried about it as I am in NSW Queanbeyan and is unable to found any job in my occupation from 2 months.
      Your suggestions are welcomed.

    4. #1094

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      3
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      southerncrossfj
      ricky_hope1

      Thank you so much, it gives me relief.
      So that means 489 is also a PR but indirect way after2 years. There are many other jobs available but below my qualifications and exp. But now I will try to get one.
      I have one another question that Can I give IELTS exam in out of region as I think exam is conducted in Sydney ?

      Thanks again dear/s.

    5. #1095

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Adelaide, Australia
      Posts
      28
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by dugles View Post
      southerncrossfj
      ricky_hope1

      Thank you so much, it gives me relief.
      So that means 489 is also a PR but indirect way after2 years. There are many other jobs available but below my qualifications and exp. But now I will try to get one.
      I have one another question that Can I give IELTS exam in out of region as I think exam is conducted in Sydney ?

      Thanks again dear/s.
      489 is not PR but temporary visa. Yes, it is an indirect way to PR and you can apply for PR (887) once you have satisfied the eligibility.

      As to IELTS I don't understand exactly what you are trying to mean but you don't need to sit for IELTS test again once you've got 489, and even if you need it for some reasons, it doesn't matter wherever in the world you will take.

      Cheers,

    6. #1096

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      2
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi 887 applicants,

      Anyone here have 3 jobs to fulfill the working experience?

      It says in the website that “The Australian Bureau of Statistics defines a ‘full time position’ as one in which employment is normally for 35 hours a week. You are allowed to work in up to two concurrent part time jobs to meet the one year (35 hours a week) full time work requirement.
      However, I can't fulfill the 35 hours within 2 jobs, but currently fulfilling it with 3 jobs.

      Anybody with this experience?


    7. #1097

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      184
      Liked
      17 times
      Rep
      Hi All

      I have applied 887 from regional relative 487 sponsored visa in july. There have been few updates on online status and received an email from adelaide gsm team 13 for further documents.
      1. application further commenced asked for form 80 and form 1221 after 2 weeks
      2.date changed on that application after 2 weeks
      3.again date changed after 2 weeks
      4. asked to submit some more info on form 80 after 3 weeks

      guys please tell me if some 1 got similar emails or information.
      Last edited by paki; 29-09-2013 at 03:50 PM.

    8. #1098

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      42
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      hi paki
      When did you actually apply for 887 from 487...? and I hope you applied through online as you can check progress in online ..

      And Its good to brought your stuff for discussion which I also confused with your comments...
      I hope its better to contact team 13 and get what they actually required form you at this stage ...
      Also, Senior 887 applicants may able help your questions better I hope...

      Anyways keep in touch... and let us know whats the progress is as well please

    9. #1099

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      78
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by paki View Post
      Hi All

      I have applied 887 from regional relative 487 sponsored visa in july. There have been few updates on online status and received an email from adelaide gsm team 13 for further documents.
      1. application further commenced asked for form 80 and form 1221 after 2 weeks
      2.date changed on that application after 2 weeks
      3.again date changed after 2 weeks
      4. asked to submit some more info on form 80 after 3 weeks

      guys please tell me if some 1 got similar emails or information.
      Hi paki

      i am closely following your post, as i will be applying to 887 from 487 - family sponsored on 15th Oct 2013

      and i guess the 487 -> 887 goes quickly compare to other visas to 887

      Please if you can share, what sort of information they asked for, and have you done your medicals before or they did not ask for it?

      Please keep in touch and share your status.

      thanks in advance

    10. #1100

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Posts
      275
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by kedar_u View Post
      Hi paki

      i am closely following your post, as i will be applying to 887 from 487 - family sponsored on 15th Oct 2013

      and i guess the 487 -> 887 goes quickly compare to other visas to 887

      Please if you can share, what sort of information they asked for, and have you done your medicals before or they did not ask for it?

      Please keep in touch and share your status.

      thanks in advance
      hello there, at the moment 887 applicants are waiting more than 7 months to be allocated or granted visa. Medical don't need to be done, can wait till u asked for by your co. Police certificate is require also with overseas police certificate.

     

  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Visa Update.
      By PEZ in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 24-02-2009, 11:47 AM
    2. My Visa Connections Update
      By andrew_obrien in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 27-08-2008, 12:39 AM
    3. Visa processing times ....update!!!
      By cunnah10 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 26-08-2008, 08:47 AM
    4. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
    5. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:46 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums