• Page 1111 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 11161110111061110111091110111111121113112111611211 ... LastLast
    Results 11,101 to 11,110 of 12869
    Like Tree2484Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Sammy3175 View Post
      Not me but one of my mate have to go on holidays too
      I went with him you go to there office and take a number fill a form which will ask you why you want to go mention your reason and pay fee i think its 90$ per person included in application.
      Did he also have a 489 visa, or any other visa on which otherwise would be able to travel without restrictions? How long did it take to get his bridging visa B?

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevkathuria View Post
      Hi vjustme

You don't need Bridge B visa at all if your 489 visa is still valid..only if your 489 expired and bridge visa is active then you need bridge b visa to get entry into Australia...at the moment you can enjoy your 489 visa conditions...but you will get grant only when all the applicants are onshore.
      Thanks sanjeevkathuria, that's what I thought too. However the part that states:

As you are a holder of valid Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa that allows you to leave and return to Australia, the department recommends that you either:
      ● apply for and be granted a Bridging visa B (which you can only do if you already hold a Bridging visa A or a Bridging visa B) before you travel or
      ● contact your case officer as soon as you return to Australia.

is a bit confusing. Do you know of any person that gone overseas while being on a 489 visa and was waiting for a decision for his 887 visa?

Title
      Liked
      46 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by vjustme View Post
      Thanks sanjeevkathuria, that's what I thought too. However the part that states:

As you are a holder of valid Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa that allows you to leave and return to Australia, the department recommends that you either:
      ● apply for and be granted a Bridging visa B (which you can only do if you already hold a Bridging visa A or a Bridging visa B) before you travel or

is a bit confusing. Do you know of any person that gone overseas while being on a 489 visa and was waiting for a decision for his 887 visa?

There were lots of friends here...one was prashantdiwedi..you dont have to worry at all mate..try to read the conditions and you get a gist what deptt is saying...if you hold bridge visa A(i.e. when your 489 expires and your Bridge visa A becomes Active) then you need bridge visa B and you have to advise deptt.

if your 489 is valid then you can go where ever you like but you need to be onshore to get 887 grant
      Last edited by sanjeevkathuria; 17-06-2016 at 04:01 AM.

Title
      Liked
      46 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by A887 View Post
      Hi Guys,

Please add me on the list. Applied 887 online on 20/02/16. No case officer allocated yet. Just a quick question do we need to undertake medical examination as when i applied for 887 on 20/02 at that time i checked 887 document checklist on immi website, it was stated that you don't need to undertake medical examination for this visa unless asked by case officer to do so, but today i was checking the document check list again and has changed a bit:

Health and Character

You and each “member of your family unit” are required to satisfy health and character requirements. This requirement applies even if that person is not applying for a visa with you. In most cases health and character assessments can be undertaken before your application is lodged.

Source:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-...ment-checklist

Further I checked my application online status on https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry
      Its says: Health requirements finalized (No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.)

Confused???????????

Hi A887....you answered your question yourself...Health requirements finalized (No health examinations)

if your online application says so then you are done with medical thing....you dont have to go for medical again at all.but if CO wants then he can ask anything...generally medical is not required for all existing applicant.medical is only required for new born baby.dont book any medical test.you will be fine.wait for grant or CO allocation

Last edited by sanjeevkathuria; 17-06-2016 at 04:04 AM.

Title
      Liked
      46 times
      Rep
      you can go overseas and once CO get allocated he will ask you about your traveling date i.e. returning date.and once you enter oz and you vevo shows you are onshore than you get grant.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      There were lots of friends here...one was prashantdiwedi..you dont have to worry at all mate..try to read the conditions and you get a gist what deptt is saying...if you hold bridge visa A(i.e. when your 489 expires and your Bridge visa A becomes Active) then you need bridge visa B and you have to advise deptt.

if your 489 is valid then you can go where ever you like but you need to be onshore to get 887 grant
      Thanks, that's what I'd expect. Based on VEVO and 489 conditions I shouldn't have any issue. However I got confused by the part that the bridging visa A states that it's not active and a couple of lines after that, states the part that I posted above.

So when you leave and a case officer hasn't been assigned yet, the application proceeds up to the point that you get a case officer assigned and then you should return in Au, in order to get the visa granted, is that correct?

Title
      Liked
      46 times
      Rep
      Thanks, that's what I'd expect. Based on VEVO and 489 conditions I shouldn't have any issue. However I got confused by the part that the bridging visa A states that it's not active and a couple of lines after that, states the part that I posted above.

So when you leave and a case officer hasn't been assigned yet, the application proceeds up to the point that you get a case officer assigned and then you should return in Au, in order to get the visa granted, is that correct?
      Yes you are right...your file be in process as if you were is Australia...but if you are overseas then your file be in queue depending on your travel date.once you are back then you can advise CO and then you will get grant

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Yes you are right...your file be in process as if you were is Australia...but if you are overseas then your file be in queue depending on your travel date.once you are back then you can advise CO and then you will get grant
      Thanks, that makes sense :)

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hello All! Finally got the golden email yesterday 16/06/16. I got co allocated on 20 May. I think got visa grant exactly on 28th day.
      Iwas asked about Evidence of English for my wife. And form 1023 for parents particulars. Plz update me as some had wrongly updated my grant status
      thanks

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      I applied for 887 in February and travelled for 4 weeks while my application was in. I am still waiting for my grant at this stage.

•