• Page 115 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 15651051131141151161171251652156151115 ... LastLast
    Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 12972
    Like Tree2540Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Hi Vince887
      Is there any update for your 887 yet....??
      Last edited by Dan887; 05-10-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Hi krittim,

This is my understanding from what I found out when I wanted to travel recently.

1. Your 475 visa is the substantive visa which means for as long as it is valid you can travel in and out of the country on your 475 visa. You must be back in Australia before the 475 visa expires.

2. BVA commences after your 475 visa expires to allow you remain in Australia while your application for 887 is being processed. When you do travel overseas on your 475 visa while your application is being processed, the BVA will cease, which means upon your return you MUST apply for BVA again BEFORE your 475 expires, otherwise you will become illegal.

3. If you want to travel when your 475 has expired or is close to expiry; you must apply for BVB and return to Australia before the BVB expires. Once you are back your BVB allows you stay in Australia the same way the BVA does, so no need to reapply for BVA. If you are outside Australia when BVB has expired, you cannot return. So be careful to give yourself enough time for unexpected delays. Once the date on the BVB has expired and you want to travel out of Australia again, you will need to apply for another BVB

4. Travelling overseas during the subsistence of your 475 / BVA or BVB does not require you to reapply for 887. Your 887 application is still valid and pending. Just don't get stuck overseas without a valid visa cos 887 requires you to be onshore for them to process the application and if you are not, they might refuse it.

Since your 475 visa expires only in May 2014 and based on the current processing times of 6-7 months from the information on this forum, your 887 application should be called up within the next 2-3 months, so I would not worry too much about the 475 visa expiring. If you do travel, just be sure that when you come back you reapply for BVA just to be on the safe side, it does not cost anything.
      krittim and matrix22 like this.

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Someone please tell me where do I find the spreadsheet for the timelines, I would like to add the details of my application. I applied from 489 (renewal visa) to 887 on 22 May 2013. No CO. No grant yet. No updates. My application was a paper based application to the Adelaide GSM dept. On the acknowledgment that they sent, it is clearly stated the application will be processed by the Adelaide GSM processing centre. Does anyone know if Adelaide is moving faster / slower than Brisbane?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by krittim View Post
      Dear friends can someone please guide me on this case before i could ring up DIAC and ask them anything silly..;-)

It is been 4 months I have applied for 887 visa from 475. I have applied on 8-6-2013. On 1st September 2013, my boy was born and I have applied to DIAC for him and DIAC have included my boy within my application and granted BVA. As we don't know how long our 887 process will take, we are (specially my wife & newborn) planning to visit our families back in our country.

My vague understanding is that now i am on a bridging visa A, so if i wanted to travel back home for a short stay what should i do? My understanding is if i leave Australia my BVA will cease but I still have my 475 (substantive?) visa valid until next May 2014, just wondering how does it work? Will I be allowed inside Australia when i get back? Do i need to re-apply for 887 and go through the while process again? I havenít even got a Case officer until now.

Any comments are highly appreciated.
      Hi Krittim, how long did DIAC take to issue bridging visa A for newborn?
      As for as you are concerned you can exit and re-enter on 475 visa but for newborn you will have to get bridging visa B otherwise he cannot re-enter Australia.

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      who are the sickos that are messing with the tables? Its hard enough without pranksters get lost!!!!!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      hi i am new in this forum. i am in 487 visa where i wad a main applicant. i had a baby and i could not work fulltime. therefore my husband is working full time and is going to apply 87 as main aplicant. i want to know can he become main applicant for 887 as he has not studied here and does not have skill assessment. does he need ielts.
      i have checked immi website where it says he can. im worried. would anyone please help me clarify this.
      thanks
      syd

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hi, once anyone get 487(can be main applicant or secondary applicant).he/she can apply for 887 & include partner as second applicant as long as he/she fullfill condition of 887.so ans to ur question is yes,ur husband can apply as main applicant though he was not main applicant in 487& u can be included in application as secondary applicant though u were primary applicant in 487 application.
      Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by syd1 View Post
      hi i am new in this forum. i am in 487 visa where i wad a main applicant. i had a baby and i could not work fulltime. therefore my husband is working full time and is going to apply 87 as main aplicant. i want to know can he become main applicant for 887 as he has not studied here and does not have skill assessment. does he need ielts.
      i have checked immi website where it says he can. im worried. would anyone please help me clarify this.
      thanks
      syd

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_hope1 View Post
      Hi, once anyone get 487(can be main applicant or secondary applicant).he/she can apply for 887 & include partner as second applicant as long as he/she fullfill condition of 887.so ans to ur question is yes,ur husband can apply as main applicant though he was not main applicant in 487& u can be included in application as secondary applicant though u were primary applicant in 487 application.
      Cheers
      hi ricky,
      thanks for the information, it is really helpful.

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Hi everyone,

I applied from 475 to 887 on 4Oct 2013.My document checklist is showing this.Does this mean I need to give IELTS again.I am not understanding because I am the main and single applicant.Does anyone got the same checklist as me after applying.Please share as it is worring me.And also in my visa entitlement details on DIAC site It is showing like this Primary applicant not applicable. what does that mean?
      Included in this visa

Gary
      ; Primary applicant not applicable ; Gary

What does that mean Primary applicant not applicable

04/10/2013 Birth certificate or other evidence of age Required Message
      04/10/2013 Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Required Message
      04/10/2013 Evidence of English language ability Required Message
      04/10/2013 Form 1221- Additional personal particulars information Required Message
      04/10/2013 Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Required Message
      04/10/2013 Passport photo Required Message
      04/10/2013 Health requirements finalised Message
      04/10/2013 Bridging visa granted Message
      regards
      gary
      Last edited by gary; 06-10-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
      Hi everyone,

I applied from 475 to 887 on 4Oct 2013.My document checklist is showing this.Does this mean I need to give IELTS again.I am not understanding because I am the main and single applicant.Does anyone got the same checklist as me after applying.Please share as it is worring me.And also in my visa entitlement details on DIAC site It is showing like this Primary applicant not applicable. what does that mean?
      Included in this visa

Gary
      ; Primary applicant not applicable ; Gary

What does that mean Primary applicant not applicable

04/10/2013 Birth certificate or other evidence of age Required Message
      04/10/2013 Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Required Message
      04/10/2013 Evidence of English language ability Required Message
      04/10/2013 Form 1221- Additional personal particulars information Required Message
      04/10/2013 Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Required Message
      04/10/2013 Passport photo Required Message
      04/10/2013 Health requirements finalised Message
      04/10/2013 Bridging visa granted Message
      regards
      gary
      Hi gary,
      Nothing to worry about this message because I have got the same thing in my checklist and in my visa entitlement it says primary applicant not applicable.
      Also for your info Ielts is not required for 887 visa.

•