• Page 1168 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 16866810681118115811661167116811691170117812181268 ... LastLast
    Results 11,671 to 11,680 of 12972
    Like Tree2541Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      apply 18jan 2016 got golden mail yesterday 24aug 2016
      870601 likes this.

Title
      Liked
      13 times
      Rep
      Congrats 18jan887 thats great,why did it take that long though?

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep

Angry hi

I applied on 16 jan case officer ask documents 2 times not sure whats happening

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Can everyone share the case officer name aswell

Title
      Liked
      11 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by 18jan887 View Post
      apply 18jan 2016 got golden mail yesterday 24aug 2016
      Congrats 18jan887. was it a direct grant? or did you get a CO assigned prior and asked for more docs?

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi guys,
      i have got the golden email today �� For my 887.
      But I have a question, I applied on 25th Jan 2016 and then got married in March and provided my wife's passport, after that they added my wife onto same application as secondary applicant. They asked for my wife's medical and police clearance which I have provided. She is still on tourist visa which is expiring in May 2017.
      They asked me additional document to prove my address which I did on 28/07/2016 and my wife has gone overseas on 03/08/2016 and still overseas. But my concern is why my wife did not get the partner visa or if they don't want to give the partner visa then why did they ask for her medical and overseas police clearance. They did not mention my wife name anywhere in grant letter. But they did add her as secondary applicant on immi account after the case officer was allocated. Did I do the wrong thing to send my wife overseas during my visa processing ?
      What should I do now, they do not let me talk to the case officer, so what should I do ?

Title
      Liked
      46 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
      Hi guys,
      i have got the golden email today  For my 887.
      But I have a question, I applied on 25th Jan 2016 and then got married in March and provided my wife's passport, after that they added my wife onto same application as secondary applicant. They asked for my wife's medical and police clearance which I have provided. She is still on tourist visa which is expiring in May 2017.
      They asked me additional document to prove my address which I did on 28/07/2016 and my wife has gone overseas on 03/08/2016 and still overseas. But my concern is why my wife did not get the partner visa or if they don't want to give the partner visa then why did they ask for her medical and overseas police clearance. They did not mention my wife name anywhere in grant letter. But they did add her as secondary applicant on immi account after the case officer was allocated. Did I do the wrong thing to send my wife overseas during my visa processing ?
      What should I do now, they do not let me talk to the case officer, so what should I do ?
      Hi Sandeep...You have not done wrong thing in sending your wife to oversea because that was irrelevant to your visa 887 file processing.

But you did a blunder in applying for 887 without adding your wife on your TR on first hand.you should have waited for 2-3 months for applying 887 if you were aware that you are getting married.you should have added your wife on TR first and once she get TR ,she would have been with you on 887 the very next day.then you both could have got PR straight way.this thing has been discussed many times on this forum.

you cannot add anyone into your file after applying 887(exception is for new born babies).

And now you got PR even you wife is overseas confirms she was not added to your 887 file and will not get PR grant via 887.

your wife will get spouse visa or so.ask Dept of immi of her spouse or partner visa process...she is certainly not on your 887 visa file.and now she cant be added.

Sanjeev
      Last edited by sanjeevkathuria; 25-08-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Hello
      I applied on 16 Feb 2016
      Case officer 28 june 2016
      Document requested again 8 August

Title
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
      Hi guys,
      i have got the golden email today  For my 887.
      Hi Sandeep,

The 887 is an onshore visa. i.e. you and any additional applicant must be present in the country when applying and when the visa is granted. This is clearly mentioned on the IMMI website. The fact that your have received the grant whilst your wife is away from Australia itself proves that she is not added as a secondary applicant. I hope you are not confusing secondary applicant with dependent.

Since your wife is on visit visa.. she will need to apply for a spouse visa which normally takes around 6-8 months to be granted.

In Short... You have made a big blunder down under....
      sanjeevkathuria likes this.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by 29July16 View Post
      Hi Sandeep,

The 887 is an onshore visa. i.e. you and any additional applicant must be present in the country when applying and when the visa is granted. This is clearly mentioned on the IMMI website. The fact that your have received the grant whilst your wife is away from Australia itself proves that she is not added as a secondary applicant. I hope you are not confusing secondary applicant with dependent.

Since your wife is on visit visa.. she will need to apply for a spouse visa which normally takes around 6-8 months to be granted.

In Short... You have made a big blunder down under....

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply, what do you mean by making a big blunder ? Do u mean that if my wife is in Australi at the time of Visa grant, she would have get the visa as well ?

•