• Page 117 of 1295 FirstFirst ... 17671071151161171181191271672176171117 ... LastLast
    Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 12950
    Like Tree2528Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
      Hi krittim,

This is my understanding from what I found out when I wanted to travel recently.

1. Your 475 visa is the substantive visa which means for as long as it is valid you can travel in and out of the country on your 475 visa. You must be back in Australia before the 475 visa expires.

2. BVA commences after your 475 visa expires to allow you remain in Australia while your application for 887 is being processed. When you do travel overseas on your 475 visa while your application is being processed, the BVA will cease, which means upon your return you MUST apply for BVA again BEFORE your 475 expires, otherwise you will become illegal.

3. If you want to travel when your 475 has expired or is close to expiry; you must apply for BVB and return to Australia before the BVB expires. Once you are back your BVB allows you stay in Australia the same way the BVA does, so no need to reapply for BVA. If you are outside Australia when BVB has expired, you cannot return. So be careful to give yourself enough time for unexpected delays. Once the date on the BVB has expired and you want to travel out of Australia again, you will need to apply for another BVB

4. Travelling overseas during the subsistence of your 475 / BVA or BVB does not require you to reapply for 887. Your 887 application is still valid and pending. Just don't get stuck overseas without a valid visa cos 887 requires you to be onshore for them to process the application and if you are not, they might refuse it.

Since your 475 visa expires only in May 2014 and based on the current processing times of 6-7 months from the information on this forum, your 887 application should be called up within the next 2-3 months, so I would not worry too much about the 475 visa expiring. If you do travel, just be sure that when you come back you reapply for BVA just to be on the safe side, it does not cost anything.
      Thanks a lot violetrose.

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Hi Nidhi..,

It seems there is no hard rule on medicals, all depends on case officer. I was out from australia for 10 months after my initial entry. But CO did not ask me medicals and she straight away granted me PR.

In other scenario, one my friends went his home country for 3 months and CO asked him to go for Chest X ray only.

Better dont go for medicals, obviously you save some money..., My suggestion is dont go for medicals unless otherwise asked by CO

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by nidhi View Post
      Hi everyone,
      as you all know that I applied 887 on 28 June 2013 ( 475 to 887)
      i frontloaded all docs
      the only thing which I 'd not done is medicals
      I am very well aware that I would be asked for medical check as I visited my home country 2-3 times on my 475 and once my stay was for 6 months

so my question is that as I applied on 28 June & it's almost 3 months and as per processing time of 6 months, do I go for medical check in next 1-2 months before the immi ask me to do so.
      I think this may save time for immi to process my case when case officer will be allotted.
      or
      any one from this forum please suggest me

thanks

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      Hey guys

Is a police check from your country of origin required again?

Title
      Liked
      17 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by merlino View Post
      Hey guys

Yes u require a police clearance from ur country of origin

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hey guys

Sometimes is, not always I can tell (got PR/887 without), but I am not sure when it is or when not..

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by from475to887 View Post
      Sometimes is, not always I can tell (got PR/887 without), but I am not sure when it is or when not..

Ahh cheers mate, I reckon based on your comments you got 887 without the Form 80?

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by MURALIGANESH View Post
      Hi Nidhi..,

It seems there is no hard rule on medicals, all depends on case officer. I was out from australia for 10 months after my initial entry. But CO did not ask me medicals and she straight away granted me PR.

In other scenario, one my friends went his home country for 3 months and CO asked him to go for Chest X ray only.

Better dont go for medicals, obviously you save some money..., My suggestion is dont go for medicals unless otherwise asked by CO

Hope it helps
      Hi Muraliganesh,

Congrats again with your visa. May I ask you about your time-frame for 2 years living in Australia. You mentioned you was in your home country for 10 months. So you come in Australia, activated visa, came back home for 10 months and only then returned in Australia. How long have you been living in Au since the last entry prior the 887 application? 2 years or less? I'm asking cause I came in Australia almost 2 years ago but have been to my home country for 5 months after that. If I'm not mistaken in this case I may apply for 887 in 2y and 5 months after initial entry.
      Thanks for your response

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Ahh cheers mate, I reckon based on your comments you got 887 without the Form 80?
      Yes, without, but with Australian Police Certificate.

Title
      Liked
      26 times
      Rep
      Hi Guys,

I have applied for 887 on 14 Sep 2013 and havent' received the bridging visa grant e-mail yet, I have only received the application receival confirmation e-mail, is this normal??
      Last edited by engfarrag; 09-10-2013 at 01:34 AM.

akn

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Hi engfarrag
      Please check in the spam folder as well. I applied for 887 on 24/sep/2013 night around 10pm and got the notification email and bridging visa around 12:07am 25/sep/2013.

•