Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by 887 vic View Post
      Hi SRAZ,
      How did u contact your case officer?
      Because when I called, it is a general inquiry number and got normal response that routine checks are going on.
      ​Any one else knows how to contact case officer.

If you are allocated to Case officer, with the confirmation of email they have contact details ( i am not sure if i am the lucky one only but i got it from His email and i just called)

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi,

I have just heard from case worker! Very exciting as it's the first time and it means I am moving forward;

- Applied online 9th Jan and uploaded docuements as the checklist
      - Called general enquiries number a few weeks ago and told to wait 2 weeks as I had just been assigned a case worker
      - Called general enquiries number last week and was told that I had changed case workers and was given the case workers details (this was volunteered to me and I didn't need to ask, so I would suggest this just depends on where you are in the process)
      - I called the case worker yesterday and left a voicemail
      - Received an email today for me to supply evidence of employment and my partner to have new police checks done from the UK. We have already submitted checks from Australia, but as he went back to the UK for a little while, I assume it is to cover that

So, now we need to wait for Police Checks to come back from the UK and can re-submit.

At least things are moving, so fingers crossed it will be soon.

I will let you know when we submit the new paperwork and get a response.

Good luck to everyone else!

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by brogs12 View Post
      Hi,

I have just heard from case worker! Very exciting as it's the first time and it means I am moving forward;

- Called general enquiries number a few weeks ago and told to wait 2 weeks as I had just been assigned a case worker
      - Called general enquiries number last week and was told that I had changed case workers and was given the case workers details (this was volunteered to me and I didn't need to ask, so I would suggest this just depends on where you are in the process)
      - Received an email today for me to supply evidence of employment and my partner to have new police checks done from the UK. We have already submitted checks from Australia, but as he went back to the UK for a little while, I assume it is to cover that

So, now we need to wait for Police Checks to come back from the UK and can re-submit.

Phew.... Some good news .. Good to know that a case officer is assigned for you ... :)

​Best of luck mate ....

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      The case officer is assigned for me too but still have alot of problem, haven't got visa yet

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hi Mari,

Good Luck. We submitted end of Jan and still waiting to hear from Case Officer. I would be most grateful if you could tell me what the online documents requested are. When we submitted, the computer crashed and although the application was lodged, we did not receive the list of documents required. I have the list for the old paper applications but it states that the online application differs. If anyone could clarify this I'd be most grateful.

Friends of ours applied last year at the same time and received PR in 6 weeks. Ours and friends of ours who applied at the same time is somewhat slower. As you probably know, Immigration experienced some issues with their systems so they may have a backlog. I have heard many different stories regarding health checks and the Officer I spoke to yesterday told me to go ahead and do them but could not provide reason why some have to and some don't.

Many Thanks,

Vickie

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hurray! There is light at the end of the tunnel then :-) We applied 29th Jan so hopefully soon... Good Luck with it

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      That's very encouraging news! As I peruse this forum, I get the impression there are no hard and fast rules....we're all after the same visa and everyone has a different story :-) Good Luck to us all....

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Sorry for so many initial posts, still figuring this out.

For those doing online applications, did you submit the lengthy Form 80 please?

Thanks.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by duyhoang89 View Post
      The case officer is assigned for me too but still have alot of problem, haven't got visa yet

Don't worry duyhoang89 . You will get a visa grant letter soon.gud luck
      Last edited by Devi-887; 30-04-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by brogs12 View Post
      Hi,

Finally the processing for 2013 application started . Hopefully everybody get their visa soon . Good luck!!!!!

•