• Page 181 of 1286 FirstFirst ... 811311711791801811821831912312816811181 ... LastLast
    Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 12860
    Like Tree2477Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by PM7 View Post
      Recently i applied for 887 from 475 and thinking of leaving AU for approx 49 days . It has been long since came from my country . I hope it should be fine coj my 475 is still valid till late 2014 . But what about the changing bridging visa on return . If the visa is valid why do we have to change the visa on return . By knowing the fact that immi process is sluggish and gonna take more then 6-8months best would be have a nice holiday as i already lodged my application on sep this year .
      Hi, I am on the same boat as yours who applied last months. The email I received from DIBP in return for the application advised that I had been granted a bridging visa A, however, it says "Please note a Bridging Visa A will only come into effect when any other visa held expires." therefore I believe we can still travel on our 475 visa without any hassle until it expires.

Please also refer to http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/...ging-visa.html

The DIBP's email also says "If the applicant does not obtain a Bridging Visa B while their substantive visa (eg any visitor visa, student visa or temporary residence visa they may hold) is still valid, and they depart and re-enter Australia using their substantive visa, they must apply for a replacement Bridging Visa A on return." and I don't understand what this means, however, I reckon we don't need to have BVA as long as 475 is valid. (We may have to apply a "replacement" BVA if we are still waiting for 887 when 475 expires.)

Cheers,
      Last edited by southerncrossfj; 14-11-2013 at 09:46 PM.
      hara likes this.

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by southerncrossfj View Post
      Hi, I am on the same boat as yours who applied last months. The email I received from DIBP in return for the application advised that I had been granted a bridging visa A, however, it says "Please note a Bridging Visa A will only come into effect when any other visa held expires." therefore I believe we can still travel on our 475 visa without any hassle until it expires.

Please also refer to http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/...ging-visa.html

The DIBP's email also says "If the applicant does not obtain a Bridging Visa B while their substantive visa (eg any visitor visa, student visa or temporary residence visa they may hold) is still valid, and they depart and re-enter Australia using their substantive visa, they must apply for a replacement Bridging Visa A on return." and I don't understand what this means, however, I reckon we don't need to have BVA as long as 475 is valid. (We may have to apply a "replacement" BVA if we are still waiting for 887 when 475 expires.)

Cheers,
      Thank you very muh for the valuable informations..

Title
      Liked
      26 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
      Thanks a lot Dan,

You know that was my mistake, i uploaded so much :(. So maybe it'd be wise to send via mail thru brisbane the form 80 and 1221.
      Again, thanks a lot.

Regards,
      Eva
      You can send those documents to brisbane.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au or adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au or both in one e-mail.

good luck

PM7

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Hey PM7,

That is a valuable information. Would you please ask from your friend that he applied through a Migration Agent or by himself ?

Hi Dan ,

My friend has lodged himself , I dont think so it makes any difference if you lodge from the agent . Moreover agents are no better then immi staff they are the same .

Also i have noticed some of you are worried about your bridging visas(BV) . Usually your BV is system genreated automatic email . If you do not have in your inbox check your spam folder it should not take more then 24 hour to come to your inbox. It also tells you that your application went successfuly .

You get something like this ,

THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED E-MAIL, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS SPECIFIED ABOVE.

Mr X has been granted a Bridging Visa A as a result of the receipt of above visa application.
      A Bridging Visa A will permit the applicant to remain lawfully in Australia until the onshore General Skilled Migration visa application is decided. Please note a Bridging Visa A will only come into effect when any other visa held expires. The applicant must therefore abide by any conditions of their current substantive visa.
      A Bridging Visa A permits the applicant to remain in Australia until 28 days after notification of the decision on the onshore General Skilled Migration visa application and, if that application is refused, continues to keep them lawful until 28 days after all avenues of merits review have been exhausted.
      It is not necessary to have a Bridging Visa A evidenced in a passport. However, this email should be kept as evidence of the grant of this visa.

PERMISSION TO WORK
      There are no work or study conditions attached to a Bridging Visa A. This means that the applicant has unlimited work and study rights for the period that their Bridging Visa A is in effect. However, please note that a Bridging Visa A does not come into effect until any current substantive visa ceases. The date any current substantive visa ceases may be shown on the visa label. If it does not, and the applicant is unsure as to this date, they should contact any DIAC office for confirmation.
      The applicant should be aware that if they breach any condition of their current visa it may be cancelled. It is important therefore that the applicant abides by any existing conditions on their current visa such as work limitations.

PERMISSION TO TRAVEL
      This Bridging Visa A will cease if the applicant departs Australia. Therefore, unless the applicant has another visa they will not be able to re-enter Australia. If the applicant needs to travel overseas at any time during processing of their onshore General Skilled Migration visa application, they should apply for a Bridging Visa B visa which permits re-entry to Australia. They must have substantial reasons for travel.
      If the applicant does not obtain a Bridging Visa B while their substantive visa (eg any visitor visa, student visa or temporary residence visa they may hold) is still valid, and they depart and re-enter Australia using their substantive visa, they must apply for a replacement Bridging Visa A on return. Bridging Visa B applications can be lodged at any DIAC office in Australia.
      A list of offices and contact details can be found at www.immi.gov.au/contacts

Also guys take the print of this to Medicare office after 10 days of your application you will get Interim Medicare Card which is similar to the Medicare for PR holders . Only difference is it is valid for 1 year and i hope everyone will get their PR before it expires.

Cheers

PM7

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Dont do your medicals untill your co ask you to do it . check below

Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants

On this page

Allocation table

The tables below list the earliest lodgement dates for applications that have been allocated to case officers. You can use this information to determine when your General Skilled Migration (GSM) application will be allocated and to prepare your application for assessment. This information was last updated on 4 November 2013.
      Effective 1 July 2012, the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection set priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. Allocation dates outlined below reflect these priority processing arrangements.

Visa Subclass Priority Group 3 Priority Group 4 Priority Group 5
      189 Skilled – Independent N/A Within 10 weeks of lodgement N/A
      190 Skilled - Nominated Within 7 weeks of lodgement N/A N/A
      489 Skilled - Regional Within 7 weeks of lodgement Within 10 weeks of lodgement N/A
      175 Skilled – Independent N/A All applications allocated 14 August 2008
      176 Skilled – Sponsored Within 8 weeks of an approved nomination All applications allocated Allocation not commenced*
      475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored Within 8 weeks of an approved nomination All applications allocated Allocation not commenced*
      496 Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored N/A All applications allocated 22 August 2007*
      885 Skilled – Independent N/A All applications allocated 31 July 2011
      886 Skilled – Sponsored
      (e-lodged)
      Within 8 weeks of an approved nomination All applications allocated 1 December 2009*
      886 Skilled – Sponsored (paper) Within 8 weeks of an approved nomination All applications allocated 30 April 2009*
      487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored
      (e-lodged)
      Within 8 weeks of an approved nomination All applications allocated 1 December 2009*
      487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored (paper) Within 8 weeks of an approved nomination All applications allocated 15 June 2009*

N/A- The visa subclass is not applicable for this priority group.
      Further information is available about the priority processing groups and the order of processing applications.
      See: Priority processing groups and order of processing applications
      Further information is available about the processing of Priority Group 5 applications.
      See: Processing of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration Applications
      Priority exempt applications

Visa subclasses 489 – Second Provisional Stream (Renewal) and 887 Skilled Regional are exempt from the priority processing direction and applications are processed in the order in which they were received by the department.

Visa Subclass Application Date
      489 Renewal 10 September 2013
      887 Skilled – Regional 15 March 2013

Subsequent entrant applications

Subsequent entrant applications (subclass 489) lodged before 3 July 2013 have been allocated to a case officer.
      What happens when my application has been allocated?

When your application is allocated to a case officer, you will be notified within two weeks and provided with an email address for all future correspondence. Your case officer can assist with further detail on how to obtain specific clearances, and confirm the validity of any previously obtained clearances.
      What you can do if your application is nearing allocation

Check that you have provided all required supporting documentation and notified the department of any changes in your circumstances.
      If you lodged your application online, any additional documentation must be attached online through the eVisa system. Guidance in attaching documents through the eVisa system is available on our website.
      See: Attaching Documents to a General Skilled Migration Visa Application
      If you lodged a paper application or you cannot attach documents to your online application through eVisa then you can provide additional documentation by scanning and emailing the documents directly to your case officer once your application is allocated.
      If your application is in one of the categories listed below, you need to make sure all relevant information and required supporting documentation has been provided to us. This includes undertaking any required health and character clearances before your application is allocated:

• Priority Group 3
      • Priority Group 4 – lodged within one month of the dates listed in the Allocation table above
      • Priority Group 5 – applicants should not proceed with health and character clearances where an '*' is listed in the Allocation tables above
      • Priority Exempt – lodged within three months of the dates listed in the Priority Exempt table above.

Notes:

• Applicants should not proceed with health and character clearances where an '*' is listed in the Allocation tables above
      • Having your application ready for finalisation at this pre-allocation stage, may expedite a decision.

Health and character assessments are valid for one year from the date of issue and may be affected by changes to the processing directions. You will be responsible for paying any fees and costs associated with obtaining any clearances you need.

Further information about character and health requirements is available.
      See:
      Character and Penal Clearance Requirements
      Health Requirements

PM7

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      HOW TO CHECK STATUS FOR NEW USERS

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

PM7

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      HOW TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS TO YOUR FILES PAPER OR ONLINE BOTH ,

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/a...N&group=travel

Title
      Liked
      26 times
      Rep
      Hey PM7,

That is a valuable information. Would you please ask from your friend that he applied through a Migration Agent or by himself ?

Hi Dan ,

My friend has lodged himself , I dont think so it makes any difference if you lodge from the agent . Moreover agents are no better then immi staff they are the same .

Also i have noticed some of you are worried about your bridging visas(BV) . Usually your BV is system genreated automatic email . If you do not have in your inbox check your spam folder it should not take more then 24 hour to come to your inbox. It also tells you that your application went successfuly .

You get something like this ,

THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED E-MAIL, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS SPECIFIED ABOVE.

Mr X has been granted a Bridging Visa A as a result of the receipt of above visa application.
      A Bridging Visa A will permit the applicant to remain lawfully in Australia until the onshore General Skilled Migration visa application is decided. Please note a Bridging Visa A will only come into effect when any other visa held expires. The applicant must therefore abide by any conditions of their current substantive visa.
      A Bridging Visa A permits the applicant to remain in Australia until 28 days after notification of the decision on the onshore General Skilled Migration visa application and, if that application is refused, continues to keep them lawful until 28 days after all avenues of merits review have been exhausted.
      It is not necessary to have a Bridging Visa A evidenced in a passport. However, this email should be kept as evidence of the grant of this visa.

PERMISSION TO WORK
      There are no work or study conditions attached to a Bridging Visa A. This means that the applicant has unlimited work and study rights for the period that their Bridging Visa A is in effect. However, please note that a Bridging Visa A does not come into effect until any current substantive visa ceases. The date any current substantive visa ceases may be shown on the visa label. If it does not, and the applicant is unsure as to this date, they should contact any DIAC office for confirmation.
      The applicant should be aware that if they breach any condition of their current visa it may be cancelled. It is important therefore that the applicant abides by any existing conditions on their current visa such as work limitations.

PERMISSION TO TRAVEL
      This Bridging Visa A will cease if the applicant departs Australia. Therefore, unless the applicant has another visa they will not be able to re-enter Australia. If the applicant needs to travel overseas at any time during processing of their onshore General Skilled Migration visa application, they should apply for a Bridging Visa B visa which permits re-entry to Australia. They must have substantial reasons for travel.
      If the applicant does not obtain a Bridging Visa B while their substantive visa (eg any visitor visa, student visa or temporary residence visa they may hold) is still valid, and they depart and re-enter Australia using their substantive visa, they must apply for a replacement Bridging Visa A on return. Bridging Visa B applications can be lodged at any DIAC office in Australia.
      A list of offices and contact details can be found at www.immi.gov.au/contacts

Also guys take the print of this to Medicare office after 10 days of your application you will get Interim Medicare Card which is similar to the Medicare for PR holders . Only difference is it is valid for 1 year and i hope everyone will get their PR before it expires.

Cheers
      Hi PM7,

My question is what if you don't get that bridging visa e-mail? it has been two months since I applied for the visa and haven't received it. I only received the application subbmission confirmation e-mail but not the bridging visa one. I called the immigration they said that they received the application and there was no proplems. But I guess I am the only person who hasn't got that bridging visa.

PM7

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Hi PM7,

My question is what if you don't get that bridging visa e-mail? it has been two months since I applied for the visa and haven't received it. I only received the application subbmission confirmation e-mail but not the bridging visa one. I called the immigration they said that they received the application and there was no proplems. But I guess I am the only person who hasn't got that bridging visa.

Hi Engfarrag ,

Do you have a medicare card if so nothing to worry and if immi told you they got the application all good . It could be accidental have you lodged via email or paper or online .

Ta

Title
      Liked
      26 times
      Rep
      Hi PM7,

Hi Engfarrag ,

Do you have a medicare card if so nothing to worry and if immi told you they got the application all good . It could be accidental have you lodged via email or paper or online .

Ta
      Hi PM7,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have a a medicare card and applied online.

•