• Page 2 of 1287 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2484Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      87 times
      Rep
      I think online is faster. The online goes to Brisbane and paper goes Adelaide.
      Wijaya
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      Vetassess passed: 28 March 2008
      VISA 475 GRANTED: 15/05/09
      Permanent resident: Dec 2012
      Previously lived in Campbelltown, since October 2013 moved to Melbourne, but still loves Adelaide.

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by wijaya View Post
      I think online is faster. The online goes to Brisbane and paper goes Adelaide.
      did u had to show all 12 month work evidence (Slips) ?

Title
      Liked
      87 times
      Rep
      We sent a letter from the employer saying that mentioned when you started the job, how much you were being paid, and the hours. We also sent a couple of payslips from the first weeks, in the middle and at the end of the 12 months. After submission, we were asked to send a tax return. So if you have all of those, just send them over.

For the address, we moved three times in the last 2 years, so we gave the immigration the rental agreement, and also the mortgage statements.
      Wijaya
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      Vetassess passed: 28 March 2008
      VISA 475 GRANTED: 15/05/09
      Permanent resident: Dec 2012
      Previously lived in Campbelltown, since October 2013 moved to Melbourne, but still loves Adelaide.

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by wijaya View Post
      We sent a letter from the employer saying that mentioned when you started the job, how much you were being paid, and the hours. We also sent a couple of payslips from the first weeks, in the middle and at the end of the 12 months. After submission, we were asked to send a tax return. So if you have all of those, just send them over.

For the address, we moved three times in the last 2 years, so we gave the immigration the rental agreement, and also the mortgage statements.
      thanks for that, did u had to get medicals as well ? how long it took to get ur 887 visa?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      A pleasant day to everyone.. My congratulations for those who had been granted visas recently.

Just new to this forum.
      I am on a 475 visa as well and still few months away for the 2-year stay condition. Is there any chance that we can apply for the 887 visa if we have not yet fulfilled the 2-Year stay? I have done alreay 18 months of full-time work. Your feedbacks will be much appreciated.

Title
      Liked
      37 times
      Rep
      Also interested in the above ^^^

My employers have approached me after 4 months on the 457 saying they want me to consider applying for the PR visa through them again (as per my 457 visa). My understanding was that I needed to be here for a minimum of 2 years before doing this but they advise as long as I have at least 2 years left on my contract (my role is permenant so qualifies) then they can apply at anytime for it. Still not convinced myself.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by KathleenandCraig View Post
      Also interested in the above ^^^

My employers have approached me after 4 months on the 457 saying they want me to consider applying for the PR visa through them again (as per my 457 visa). My understanding was that I needed to be here for a minimum of 2 years before doing this but they advise as long as I have at least 2 years left on my contract (my role is permenant so qualifies) then they can apply at anytime for it. Still not convinced myself.
      KathleenandCraig thank you for the interest on the issue I raised.

Just be advised that the 475 and 457 Visas are totally different. The 475 is the first stage of the 887 pathway to residency.

I am not sure but I think you can be sponsored by your employer to a PR visa even if you have just been employed with them for a short period. DIRECT STREAM I guess but not sure if ENS (186) or RSMS(187) as it willl depend on several criteria.

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Hi Mari, Wijaya & Dulip

Can u all give some information about the facilities available in SA for the 475 visa, from your experience. What I mean is, healthcare, equal Job opportunities etc compared to 176. I'm asking this as I hope to apply for 489, which is the substitute of 475.
      Appreciate ur comments.

Title
      Liked
      15 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by fahi View Post
      Hi Mari, Wijaya & Dulip

Can u all give some information about the facilities available in SA for the 475 visa, from your experience. What I mean is, healthcare, equal Job opportunities etc compared to 176. I'm asking this as I hope to apply for 489, which is the substitute of 475.
      Appreciate ur comments.

Hi Fahi, I have never noticed any difference except healthcare. We were not entitled for Medicare so we had private insurance. It was not too bad. School fees are the same as locals so was good. If you have older kids then Tertiary education may be a problem as you have to pay international fees.

With regards to jobs it was never an issue for me. I got my first job soon after I started looking for one. But some jobs require PR holders.
      Living in Melrose Park
      Enjoying Adelaide!
      http://mariyamnasheeda.blogspot.com/

md8008
      Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
      A pleasant day to everyone.. My congratulations for those who had been granted visas recently.

Just new to this forum.
      I am on a 475 visa as well and still few months away for the 2-year stay condition. Is there any chance that we can apply for the 887 visa if we have not yet fulfilled the 2-Year stay? I have done alreay 18 months of full-time work. Your feedbacks will be much appreciated.
      Hi bolo,

I am in a similar boat as you. Did you find any answer to this question?

Cheers,
      md8008

•