• Page 248 of 1286 FirstFirst ... 1481982382462472482492502582983487481248 ... LastLast
    Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 12860
    Like Tree2477Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      so guys... just curious, when assigned a CO, and communicating with a CO via email, is there an SLA? i.e. a human response within 24 hours?

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by merlino View Post
      so guys... just curious, when assigned a CO, and communicating with a CO via email, is there an SLA? i.e. a human response within 24 hours?
      hi merlino…just sharing frm my experience…i sent 2 sets of documents to my CO and also informed that i have an overseas police cert that will be available in a weeks' time….in all 3 emails sent but never got a reply back from CO immediately or within the 24hr period. on a positive side, i realised they are working through the additional docs i submitted when i got an email from CO a week later to inform me that now the only doc needed is just the overseas police cert. hope this helps!
      violetrose likes this.

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by still_waiting887 View Post
      hi merlino…just sharing frm my experience…i sent 2 sets of documents to my CO and also informed that i have an overseas police cert that will be available in a weeks' time….in all 3 emails sent but never got a reply back from CO immediately or within the 24hr period. on a positive side, i realised they are working through the additional docs i submitted when i got an email from CO a week later to inform me that now the only doc needed is just the overseas police cert. hope this helps!
      still_waiting887, may I ask when did you get that last reply from your CO and which processing centre is it, Adelaide or Brisbane and which Team (CO name in initials) is processing your application? I am curious to know if they are still working or gone on leave.

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
      still_waiting887, may I ask when did you get that last reply from your CO and which processing centre is it, Adelaide or Brisbane and which Team (CO name in initials) is processing your application? I am curious to know if they are still working or gone on leave.
      hi violetrose, my CO is fr adel but its a different one who sent me the second email which i got on tue so i guess they might be sharing the workload among the team members to quicken the processing…so rest assured they are still working on the applications except on the days the dept is closed for christmas and new year i.e. 25-27 dec & 1 jan 2014.
      violetrose likes this.

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by still_waiting887 View Post
      hi violetrose, my CO is fr adel but its a different one who sent me the second email which i got on tue so i guess they might be sharing the workload among the team members to quicken the processing…so rest assured they are still working on the applications except on the days the dept is closed for christmas and new year i.e. 25-27 dec & 1 jan 2014.
      Thanks still_waiting887. Is it Adelaide team 10? I have not gotten any reply at all from the CO after I sent all the requested documents and that was few weeks ago, that's why I am worried.

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      Thanks still_waiting887. Is it Adelaide team 10? I have not gotten any reply at all from the CO after I sent all the requested documents and that was few weeks ago, that's why I am worried.

violetrose, that is really odd. you sent your docs a few weeks ago and no response? what docs were they?

I emailed Team 10 and they responded within 24 hours to my query. So anyway I've just submitted my overseas and local police certs.

I can't see how they should take weeks to process the documents (especially if they are hot out of the oven), things will start to lapse if they do

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by merlino View Post
      violetrose, that is really odd. you sent your docs a few weeks ago and no response? what docs were they?

I emailed Team 10 and they responded within 24 hours to my query. So anyway I've just submitted my overseas and local police certs.

I can't see how they should take weeks to process the documents (especially if they are hot out of the oven), things will start to lapse if they do
      Hi merlino,

They asked for birth certs & police clearances, nothing unusual. All sent but no reply at all. I thought maybe they were waiting for my daughter to come onshore but still there was no response at all. Today my daughter arrived and I sent another e-mail with all the attachments again. I did not even get an auto reply again.

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      I think I will wait until tomorrow (24 hours) for some kind of response, if I don't get it, I will call them and check if the documents have been received.

Rza

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      My case is very similar.....same team they asked for documents which I submitted and I called to check whether they received which they have....they said nothing is required from my side for now and that routine assessments are going on which can take upto six months.....god knows what that means?

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      Hi merlino,

They asked for birth certs & police clearances, nothing unusual. All sent but no reply at all. I thought maybe they were waiting for my daughter to come onshore but still there was no response at all. Today my daughter arrived and I sent another e-mail with all the attachments again. I did not even get an auto reply again.

Ah yes I believe you (and dependants) will have to be physically present onshore to be granted. So that could explain the "no response". Other than that, I cannot see any reason why there is a waiting time of weeks when all documents requested by your CO are presented.

And here is the official word from the department regarding timeframe for responses.

Email enquiries sent to GSM during this period may experience a delayed response. Please do not continue to email the department if you do not receive a response within 7 working days. You will still receive a response if your enquiry is not answered by the information contained in this auto-response.

In any case, I understand from someone here who has frontloaded his police certificates received a straight grant. That made more sense.

I also don't believe that they are daft enough to ask for documents one document at a time, I believe some common sense should prevail with the department, that the requested documents (as communicated by the CO) are the final pieces of the puzzle. I'm open to be corrected on this point...
      violetrose likes this.

•