• Page 249 of 1286 FirstFirst ... 1491992392472482492502512592993497491249 ... LastLast
    Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 12860
    Like Tree2477Likes

    Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?


    1. #2481

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      74
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
      I think I will wait until tomorrow (24 hours) for some kind of response, if I don't get it, I will call them and check if the documents have been received.
      probably give them a day or two before you followup with a call to the dept. they are probably busy with trying to clear as many grants as they can before the end of the year.
      violetrose likes this.

    2. #2482

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Posts
      60
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hey,

      Sometime dealing with these guys can be hard.same thing happened to me when i visited one medicare centre and lady there didn't accept my medicare application coz bridging visa was saying it will come into effect only after my current visa cease.howevr when i visited diffrn centre ,she gave me medicare easily.i did complained about this in human redource dept bt nothing happened .so best it to try diffent centre & possibly u ll get meficare easily...
      Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
      spoken to immi call center last week.

      here we go..... phone conversation.....

      sir, i haven't received acknowledgement letter after 4 weeks of lodgement.
      If i have acknowledgement letter stating it is a valid GSM Application, then i am able to get medicare card.
      i went to medicare office twice and they said they need acknowledgement letter.....
      can you help me with this please????

      customer service officer :
      well, we dont provide medicare and its a different govt dept.
      we just deal with immigration..
      we will send ur letter in couple of weeks time.
      thanks for calling...
      ===============

      I dont understand their motive, why they don't understand our problems??

      please please please immi make it faster............

    3. #2483

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      74
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by ricky_hope1 View Post
      Hey,

      Sometime dealing with these guys can be hard.same thing happened to me when i visited one medicare centre and lady there didn't accept my medicare application coz bridging visa was saying it will come into effect only after my current visa cease.howevr when i visited diffrn centre ,she gave me medicare easily.i did complained about this in human redource dept bt nothing happened .so best it to try diffent centre & possibly u ll get meficare easily...
      i didn't even realised we could apply for medicare once the bridging visa kicks in…where is this info found coz it wasn't in the acknowledgement letter (or was it???) that was emailed to me when i lodged my application? i am still relying on private health insurance.

    4. #2484

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Posts
      60
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by still_waiting887 View Post
      i didn't even realised we could apply for medicare once the bridging visa kicks in…where is this info found coz it wasn't in the acknowledgement letter (or was it???) that was emailed to me when i lodged my application? i am still relying on private health insurance.
      Yes , you can apply for medicare & u r entitled for it once you submit PR application. If you look at bridging visa letter,it say you may be eligible for some medicare or centrelink benefits.i got medicare once i applied fr 887.

    5. #2485

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      SA
      Posts
      200
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by still_waiting887 View Post
      i didn't even realised we could apply for medicare once the bridging visa kicks in…where is this info found coz it wasn't in the acknowledgement letter (or was it???) that was emailed to me when i lodged my application? i am still relying on private health insurance.
      Hi still_waiting887,
      we have medicare after granted the bridging visa.There is note with acknowledgement emails that we are eligible to medicare..we print all the document that they sent after we log our application and went to medicare center on next working day..they accept it and give us temperry midicare card for 3 of us in our family..and we also done all medical cheakups with it..
      Still this is the only one benefit for us from login887

    6. #2486

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      SA
      Posts
      200
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by ricky_hope1 View Post
      Yes , you can apply for medicare & u r entitled for it once you submit PR application. If you look at bridging visa letter,it say you may be eligible for some medicare or centrelink benefits.i got medicare once i applied fr 887.
      yes ricky hope,,,we have medicare...but not have any centrelink benefits..

    7. #2487

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      SA
      Posts
      200
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      just now had a call from my friend who was applied on second week of August had a response from co ..August is on the way now...

    8. #2488

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      74
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by hara View Post
      just now had a call from my friend who was applied on second week of August had a response from co ..August is on the way now...
      that's great news!

    9. #2489

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      74
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by hara View Post
      Hi still_waiting887,
      we have medicare after granted the bridging visa.There is note with acknowledgement emails that we are eligible to medicare..we print all the document that they sent after we log our application and went to medicare center on next working day..they accept it and give us temperry midicare card for 3 of us in our family..and we also done all medical cheakups with it..
      Still this is the only one benefit for us from login887
      we just need to print out acknowledgement letter and walk into any medicare centre to apply? do they grant it on the spot or do we have to wait for it to be processed? silly me…should have read the acknowledgement letter in detail…a friend of mine whom i relied on for info coz she's also applied for 887, also didn't apply for medicare till her 887 was granted. she also didn't see that info on her acknowledgement letter…^-^

    10. #2490

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      74
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by hara View Post
      Hi still_waiting887,
      we have medicare after granted the bridging visa.There is note with acknowledgement emails that we are eligible to medicare..we print all the document that they sent after we log our application and went to medicare center on next working day..they accept it and give us temperry midicare card for 3 of us in our family..and we also done all medical cheakups with it..
      Still this is the only one benefit for us from login887
      i was going through the acknowledgement email but under "entitlements to medicare" it only states "To find information regarding health insurance and if you are entitled to Medicare please visit the following link:"…when i clicked on the link which brings me to the immi website, it still doesn't state anywhere that people on bridging visas are entitled to medicare…care to enlighten on this pls?

     

  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Visa Update.
      By PEZ in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 24-02-2009, 11:47 AM
    2. My Visa Connections Update
      By andrew_obrien in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 27-08-2008, 12:39 AM
    3. Visa processing times ....update!!!
      By cunnah10 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 26-08-2008, 08:47 AM
    4. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
    5. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:46 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums