• Page 263 of 1295 FirstFirst ... 1632132532612622632642652733133637631263 ... LastLast
    Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 12950
    Like Tree2528Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by nirudaka View Post
      Hi Guys,

My friend who applied 2 days after me for 887 from 475 (11th August) got an email on 23rd evening that his application start processing from Team 10 Adelaide. I'm still waiting, don't know whats their selections or how they got processing before me, I'm still waiting...... Thought of updating yo all......... Sad yet happy at least my friends application start processing that means mine not that far..........

Ninetth
      it's good to hear that they are processing august's submission…they are moving along faster now…good news for all still waiting…stay patient, folks!

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Susie&Simon View Post
      Having a panic - we applied for 887 on August 14th from our 475. Our son is going through 6th form as a boarder in the UK after a few problems settling into school here, so is only with us in Adelaide in the holidays at the moment until he comes home for good in June. In theory in the good old days it would have been granted before he went back in September but of course our longterm plan was thrown out of sync by the 6 month delay in 887 processing. No sign of a grant over Christmas & he wont be back now until the end of March. I normally do all the admin but have been working fulltime since November so sent my husband to immi in Adelaide to see about a bridging visa for him incase it come through after he leaves on Sunday 6th Jan.. there was just 1 person at the counters trying to deal with a huge queue & she just directed him to a pile of Bridging Visa B forms & told him to fill it in & come back tomorrow.. but I read the small print & it can only be applied for if he already has a Bridging Visa A - which presumably would have been cancelled when he travelled to the UK in September.
      My son flies out on Sunday so with office closures on Wednesday I don't know whether we can sort anything out in time. What happens if they grant our 887 and he is not here - will we get ours (me, hubby & daughter) and his 475 will be canx and he can't get back in the country?
      I've seen a few people saying they have no contact from a case officer just a grant email so we wouldn't have chance to delay the grant to get him back here.
      Any suggestions gratefully received!!!!
      Thanks (..and yes I know I should have researched all this before, but a lot going on...don't ask!)
      Hi,

I had a similar issue with my daughter when we applied for 887. Firstly, all applicants must be onshore for the grant. If your son is not here, they will grant to whoever is here and his application will be rejected if he does not come onshore within a given time frame. Secondly, if you say that he can come back in March, that is not a very far off date to work with for the immigration department. This is what I did, I called immigration and explained to them that my daughter could be here during the December - January holidays so I would like for our application to be assessed during that time frame. The lady advised me to do this, write a letter explaining the situation and attach evidence of why he is not able to be here, I attached a letter from the educational institution that the programme requires her personal attendance. If I were you, I would do this prior to a CO being allocated. Once a CO is allocated, they have little tolerance for non compliance with required time frame. This helps them to save time too by allocating case officers to other applicants before they come to you. Make sure you inform them of the exact dates when he can come back. Once a CO is allocated, the CO will give you 28 days to comply with for required documentation and making arrangements for your son to return. You might be able to buy yourself a little bit of time here, you can write to the CO and ask for her indulgence and understanding but make sure you have a booked flight ticket for your son to return and attach the flight confirmation details. I believe so long as you have made arrangements ( as in booked the flights) for your son to return within the 28 days, the fact that he returns a little after the 28 days time frame will be acceptable but it is best to get a confirmation from the CO that they will wait for your son to return. Upon his return onshore, immediately send the CO an e-mail to say that he has arrived. If all documentation is in order and they are satisfied with compliance with visa condition, they will grant it very quickly so he that his education is not interrupted. First things first, make a sincere request in writing for your application to be assessed at the time when he is able to come back with strong supporting evidence of full time education enrolment. Your blessing is that a CO has not been allocated yet, so don't waste time and write to them immediately.
      Gabrial885 likes this.

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by nirudaka View Post
      Hi Guys,

My friend who applied 2 days after me for 887 from 475 (11th August) got an email on 23rd evening that his application start processing from Team 10 Adelaide. I'm still waiting, don't know whats their selections or how they got processing before me, I'm still waiting...... Thought of updating yo all......... Sad yet happy at least my friends application start processing that means mine not that far..........

Ninetth
      bro no need to worry its nothing I applied 4th April still waiting but one of my friend who applied on 29th July he got PR on 16 Dec by same CO it means I and he had same CO.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hi Dear All
      I lodged my Application yesterday. i checked application status today and it shows that Application Received - Processing Commenced.
      What does mean by Processing Commenced?

Thanks
      Samk6

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by sg887 View Post
      bro no need to worry its nothing I applied 4th April still waiting but one of my friend who applied on 29th July he got PR on 16 Dec by same CO it means I and he had same CO.
      Hi! mate could u pls mind telling the initials of your co? Is it Mr.M.V.P from Adelaide team 10?

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Samk6 View Post
      Hi Dear All
      I lodged my Application yesterday. i checked application status today and it shows that Application Received - Processing Commenced.
      What does mean by Processing Commenced?

Thanks
      Samk6

HI Samk6! Welcome to our world of waiting! ^-^ Nothing to get excited about…it just simply means you have successfully lodged your application and immi has received it and it'll just go into the queue waiting to be assigned to a case officer…only then things starts happening. in the meantime, just sit tight, WAIT and hope that the processing doesn't slow down which was the case in the 1st quarter of 2013 and it only just picked up in the dying months of 2013. Some of us here have been waiting since april…still waiting…patiently...

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Gagandeep View Post
      Hi! mate could u pls mind telling the initials of your co? Is it Mr.M.V.P from Adelaide team 10?
      bro her name is Karen Dobson team 9 and who's about your CO name

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      bro her name is Karen Dobson team 9 and who's about your CO name
      Hi sg887! if you don't mind me asking…when did you hear from your co? did she request for more supporting docs?

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by still_waiting887 View Post
      Hi sg887! if you don't mind me asking…when did you hear from your co? did she request for more supporting docs?
      Hi, still_waiting887, she(co) ask me few documents on 5th October which I send her very next day but still waiting. and how long you been waiting for ??

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Hi, still_waiting887, she(co) ask me few documents on 5th October which I send her very next day but still waiting. and how long you been waiting for ??
      Hi sg887! lodged about same time as you…been waiting for close to 9 mths now…told by immi when i called them that co assigned in late oct but didn't hear from co till early dec…asked for additional docs which i submitted but have not heard from immi since…i thought i will have a lovely christmas present after that long frustrating wait…no luck, i guess!

•