• Page 264 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 1642142542622632642652662743143647641264 ... LastLast
    Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 12972
    Like Tree2540Likes

    Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?


    1. #2631

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      melbourne
      Posts
      34
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by still_waiting887 View Post
      HI Samk6! Welcome to our world of waiting! ^-^ Nothing to get excited about…it just simply means you have successfully lodged your application and immi has received it and it'll just go into the queue waiting to be assigned to a case officer…only then things starts happening. in the meantime, just sit tight, WAIT and hope that the processing doesn't slow down which was the case in the 1st quarter of 2013 and it only just picked up in the dying months of 2013. Some of us here have been waiting since april…still waiting…patiently...
      Thanks for your reply still_Waiting887

    2. #2632

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      melbourne
      Posts
      34
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hi Dear All,

      I lodged my 887 application few days ago.
      I got application receive confirmation letter from immigration.
      Can i apply for medicare benefit now?
      How can i do that?

      Your reply will be highly appreciated.

      Thanks
      regards
      Samk6

    3. #2633

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      43
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by still_waiting887 View Post
      Hi sg887! lodged about same time as you…been waiting for close to 9 mths now…told by immi when i called them that co assigned in late oct but didn't hear from co till early dec…asked for additional docs which i submitted but have not heard from immi since…i thought i will have a lovely christmas present after that long frustrating wait…no luck, i guess!
      Hi,still_waiting887; Bro I am Pakistani and I hope you don't mind to tell me which country you come from.

    4. #2634

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      74
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sg887 View Post
      Hi,still_waiting887; Bro I am Pakistani and I hope you don't mind to tell me which country you come from.
      from phils, bro...

    5. #2635

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      74
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Samk6 View Post
      Hi Dear All,

      I lodged my 887 application few days ago.
      I got application receive confirmation letter from immigration.
      Can i apply for medicare benefit now?
      How can i do that?

      Your reply will be highly appreciated.

      Thanks
      regards
      Samk6
      Hi Samk6! apparently, if you have submitted your application for 887 and have received the email confirmation from immi…you can bring that email printout and apply for medicare. i didn't realised this is possible because the info was very vague in the confirmation email. I only found out from the info shared on this forum. you can look through recent past comments on this thread. but i'm sure those who have already applied for medicare can attest to that. hope this helps!

    6. #2636

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Adelaide, Australia
      Posts
      28
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Samk6 View Post
      Hi Dear All,

      I lodged my 887 application few days ago.
      I got application receive confirmation letter from immigration.
      Can i apply for medicare benefit now?
      How can i do that?

      Your reply will be highly appreciated.

      Thanks
      regards
      Samk6
      Fill this form http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/3101 and take it to Medicare Service Centre with your passport and the email from DIBP acknowleding the receipt of your application. Please note all people who are 15 years of age and over on the application must go with you. Then you will get the interim (valid for one year) Medicare straight away with the temporary print-out and the plastic card is mailed to you in a couple of weeks.

      Cheers,

    7. #2637

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      74
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by southerncrossfj View Post
      Fill this form http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/3101 and take it to Medicare Service Centre with your passport and the email from DIBP acknowleding the receipt of your application. Please note all people who are 15 years of age and over on the application must go with you. Then you will get the interim (valid for one year) Medicare straight away with the temporary print-out and the plastic card is mailed to you in a couple of weeks.

      Cheers,
      Hi southerncrossfj! dunno if its just me but i haven't been able to access that link since last month. every time i click on the link, it just shows up a black page…looks like i have to head down to the branch to get a form...

    8. #2638

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Posts
      41
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by still_waiting887 View Post
      from phils, bro...
      Hi still_waiting887, i'm from phils too :)

    9. #2639

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Adelaide, Australia
      Posts
      28
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by still_waiting887 View Post
      Hi southerncrossfj! dunno if its just me but i haven't been able to access that link since last month. every time i click on the link, it just shows up a black page…looks like i have to head down to the branch to get a form...
      Really? Which browser are you using? I have just tried and been able to see the site properly with Internet Explorer 11, and with Google Chrome as well. If you still can't access, please try
      http://www.humanservices.gov.au/spw/...101-1306en.pdf
      which is the direct link to the form in PDF.

      Cheers,

    10. #2640

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      74
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by southerncrossfj View Post
      Really? Which browser are you using? I have just tried and been able to see the site properly with Internet Explorer 11, and with Google Chrome as well. If you still can't access, please try
      http://www.humanservices.gov.au/spw/...101-1306en.pdf
      which is the direct link to the form in PDF.

      Cheers,
      i'm using mac's safari…maybe that's why can't access...

     

  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Visa Update.
      By PEZ in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 24-02-2009, 11:47 AM
    2. My Visa Connections Update
      By andrew_obrien in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 27-08-2008, 12:39 AM
    3. Visa processing times ....update!!!
      By cunnah10 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 26-08-2008, 08:47 AM
    4. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
    5. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:46 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums