• Page 287 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 1872372772852862872882892973373877871287 ... LastLast
    Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 12972
    Like Tree2540Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Kehoo Yoo View Post
      At 2:34, grant letter received.
      Wen did u apply ?

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
      Hi Everyone,

We got an email this morning from gsm adeliade team10, CO initial of Mr MVP, and he was asking for an evidence of living e.g. rental or lease agreement for two years but we dont have any lease/rental agreement since we were just living with our good friend here in VIC.
      Kindly please help me, what other documents could i provide aside from these?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
      Bing
      Before doing anything, what is your initial visa, was it 475 requiring you to live and work in SA or some other visa? If your visa allows you to stay in Vic, then yes, by all means both you and your friend can sign a stat dec. that you have been staying with him, they will also require some other proof like mobile phone bills, bank statements, car registration, ATO notice to show that you actually stayed there.
      hara likes this.

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by southerncrossfj View Post
      Everyone who applied for 887 is supposed to be granted BVA but it does not come into effect until the current substantive visa (i.e. 475) expires, therefore you can still travel on your 475 as long as it is valid. However, the BVA will cease once you have departed Australia, so you need to reaplly for a replacement BVA if your 475 expires before 887 is granted. Also you will need to be onshore when 887 is granted.

Cheers,
      Quote Originally Posted by FRANK_887 View Post
      Thanks a lot southerncrossfj - Thanks man, Just one more question - do you know how long it takes for getting BVA after coming back from overseas. Also, do you reckon is OK to travel overseas or should I hold off to my travel plans until I have my PR ?
      I am not sure how long it will take to get BVA but I heard it was quite easy (and free of charge) and straightforward as long as you are eligible for that (refer to http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/010.aspx), so it shouldn't take long like we got a BVA granted as soon as we applied 887. However, I don't think you need to do that because you said your 475 was valid till Nov 2014 and you should be able to get 887 before that if you applied in Nov 2013. You must be onshore when 887 is granted but DIBP should know if you are onshore or offshore by their record, and I reckon that they will ask you to come back to Australia before granting the visa in case you are offshore at that time. (But of course I'm not an official so, as still_waiting887 suggested, it may be better to notify DIBP just in case if you travel overseas when it comes closer to the expected visa grant time.)

Cheers,
      Last edited by southerncrossfj; 23-01-2014 at 12:49 PM.
      hara likes this.

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      When did you apply Kehoo yoo?

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by hara View Post
      what a good news....all the best ..
      Tnx. But who knows, may be you'll get the good news straight away.
      hara likes this.

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by hara View Post
      same hr..we waited 2 years and 8 months for 475 and then waiting for 887 from August..
      Same here. 2 years and 8 months.

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by HMMH View Post
      Tnx. But who knows, may be you'll get the good news straight away.
      will see,,,don't know when this waiting game (from 2009 to 2014the game of mig) will over,,,,fedup with it...hope it will over one day...
      Last edited by hara; 23-01-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Jd887 View Post
      Guys!
      Good news to share with everyone. We have been granted Pr this afternoon. Applied July, 3,2013. Granted today application status changed to finalised. But coz my case is applied through agent , I havn't got grant letter. When I login to immi website I can see the grant letter but can't download it.can Anyone help with that? Agent said he will get grant letter in his email tomorrow but I can't wait till tomorrow.hope everyone get their pr soon.thanks for the support of everyone.thanks immigration and thanks to everyone.
      congrats Jd887! Best of luck in a chapter in your life! ^-^

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Kehoo Yoo View Post
      At 2:34, grant letter received.
      congrats Kehoo Yoo! all good things comes to those who wait! best of luck! ^-^

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by FRANK_887 View Post
      Thanks heaps still_waiting887. Yea I did get an email issuing Bridging Visa A - That's so weird coz I still have 475 valid until November'2014. Do you reckon it's a better idea to stay in Australia until I get my PR or is it OK to travel overseas ? I don't want to get into trouble after waiting for never ending 2 years and few months for it.
      hi FRANK_887! i would suggest having a second look at the bridging visa A email again to see when it takes effect. in my case, my 475 visa (6 mths b4 it expires) was override by the bridging visa A once i lodged my 887 so technically i can't travel out of aust unless i apply for bridging visa B. i spoke with immi and the lady on the phone who advised that bridging visa B usually granted close to intended date of departure out of aust and have 3 mths 'travel' validity i.e. meaning you can only be out of aust for max 3 mths on this visa. when you are back in aust, you will continue to hold onto your bridging visa B till your 887 is approved but no further travel allowed unless you apply for bridging visa B again. if you've only just applied for 887 and urgently need to travel out, you can do so now but if it's not urgent, my advice is just to stay put and wait for further news from immi coz the processing pace seem to be picking up again after the xmas-new year break. bearing in mind, you and/or your dependants need to be onshore in order for the grant to be approved. hope this helps! ^-^

•