• Page 312 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412812 ... LastLast
    Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 12972
    Like Tree2541Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by 475_2_887 View Post
      Yes. Thats why I confused. but All agents have PAM (Procedure Advise Manual) in which its mentioned "both the main applicant and each family unit member who has previously held a provisional GSM visa must have substantially complied with the conditions of that visa."

If someone applied throught agent please confirm with agent. Thanks
      If that would be the case, then wont it force for employment condition as well... ??? (If Iam not trying to be too logical)

If its yes for above question then If depends are children (Under 18)... then should they also meet that conditions ? Which looks bit unusual to me.

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      I applied from 487 to 887 with my wife and she has not been in regional area for two years... i raised this issue couple of weeks back in this forum.. i think only the main applicant has to do the obligations....

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      Originally Posted by 475_2_887
      Yes. Thats why I confused. but All agents have PAM (Procedure Advise Manual) in which its mentioned "both the main applicant and each family unit member who has previously held a provisional GSM visa must have substantially complied with the conditions of that visa."

If someone applied throught agent please confirm with agent. Thanks

I think this basically means if there are any dependent living in Australia they have to live according to the obligations..

But it does not mean they have to live in a reginol are for 2 years before applying..

Do you think if some one gets married on 487 and bring the wife after 1 year he has to wait three years before applying to 887?

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      This is what Migration agent told me.....

Hi Gabrial -

For the subclass 887 visa, the secondary applicant does not need to meet the living or working requirements that the primary applicant does, however the secondary applicant must make a combined application with the primary applicant, and be a member of the family unit of the primary applicant at the time of application (for the 887) and time of grant.

Hope this helps....

raj

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Hello Guys, See the secondary application grant letter, visa subclass has the mandatory conditions 8539 or 8549 , then have to follow !!! All Applicants ....

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
      Hello Guys, See the secondary application grant letter, visa subclass has the mandatory conditions 8539 or 8549 , then have to follow !!! All Applicants ....

Hi Raj, as i said id does say that they have to live in a regional area but it dosent say they have to stay 2 years before the main aplicant apply for the PR they get the PR coz they are the dependent of the main applicant....

raj

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      I agreed that the secondary applicant no need to follow 2 years , but She/he ( Secondary Applicant) has to live in regional area ,whatever the time duration.

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      yes i agree... they def has to.. its not rocket science.. they get the visa as a dependent.. so they have to live were the main applicant lives...

Title
      Liked
      12 times
      Rep
      Has anyone called IMMI to find out whats happening with the application? and what was their response?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Gabrial885 View Post
      This is what Migration agent told me.....

Hi Gabrial -

For the subclass 887 visa, the secondary applicant does not need to meet the living or working requirements that the primary applicant does, however the secondary applicant must make a combined application with the primary applicant, and be a member of the family unit of the primary applicant at the time of application (for the 887) and time of grant.

Hope this helps....
      What I got from my agent:

Substantial compliance

An extract from the Procedures Advice Manual that outlines a trap for the holders of qualifying visas who later apply for a Subclass 887 visa.

6 Complied with conditions of earlier visas

6.1 Background
      Although provisional GSM visas are granted for 3 years and the residence requirement is a total of at least 2 years, this does not mean that applicants can live outside a specified regional area for up to a year. While this would not limit an applicant's capacity to satisfy 887.212 it would mean that they have not substantially complied with the conditions on their visa and are unable to satisfy 887.221. See:
      PAM3: Sch8/8539
      Time spent outside Australia
      Time to settle
      Time in Australia outside a specified regional area and
      PAM3: Sch8 - Visa conditions - About visa conditions.
      6.2 All applicants must have complied with conditions of earlier visas
      For 887.221, both the main applicant and each family unit member who has previously held a provisional GSM visa must have substantially complied with the conditions of that visa. This means this is a one fails, all fail requirement.

•