• Page 449 of 1286 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549949 ... LastLast
    Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 12860
    Like Tree2477Likes

    Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?


    1. #4481
      Lhr
      Lhr is offline

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      38
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
      That's good you are contacted, what is this team 13, team 20 etc.. Looks like some thing is happening.
      Tean13 is for collection of data only, facilitates case officers in assessing the application.Other teams are comprised of case officers that decide visa applications

    2. #4482

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Posts
      76
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Lhr View Post
      I also applied in 2nd week of march .no progress yet eccept forms 80 and 1221 asked by team 13 in last week of june
      Bro, I don't want to disappoint you, but anybody getting contacted by team 13 gets allocated for external security check as per the blogs on this forum.
      I rang immi complaints/suggestion on 133177 today, and registered my concern about discriminative treatment for applicants from PAK.
      Its quiet quick to talk on this number. I will suggest that all applicants from PAK should ring this number and register the concern about delay in processing.

    3. #4483
      Lhr
      Lhr is offline

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      38
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by docA View Post
      Bro, I don't want to disappoint you, but anybody getting contacted by team 13 gets allocated for external security check as per the blogs on this forum.
      I rang immi complaints/suggestion on 133177 today, and registered my concern about discriminative treatment for applicants from PAK.
      Its quiet quick to talk on this number. I will suggest that all applicants from PAK should ring this number and register the concern about delay in processing.
      You may be right.Can you please tell me what is external security checks what they check in security when we have already presented police xlearances /documents it is alright but i think form 1276 which was presented by me initially did not have necessary detail to enable visa officer to grant 887 visa.I was expecting them to ask extra information.and also let mw know whst was response from them.

    4. #4484

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Adelaide SA
      Posts
      19
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hello Everyone,

      Can somebody tell me, do we need to complete 2years exactly to lodge 887 application? As Immigration takes more than 6months, cant we apply before 3months. I dont understand any logic? We did wait for 475 visa for 3-4years now again we need to wait for 6 or more months after completing 2years stay in regional area. Looks like immigration doesnt want people to get PR and move out from hopeless SA.....anybody applied before completing 2yrs? please advise..

    5. #4485

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Posts
      76
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      well they don't exactly tell you whats external security check, but I guess they check thru intelligence agencies

    6. #4486
      Lhr
      Lhr is offline

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      38
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by docA View Post
      well they don't exactly tell you whats external security check, but I guess they check thru intelligence agencies
      I have gone through the purpose of that checks.I am pretty sure none of us has that kind of issue.Although these checks are justified, given the international situation, but there should be a time limit.I wonder our guys are waiting for more than 18 months .I suggest that we should unite and put our concerns to any authority in unison.Any chance of meeting of guys from Pak in near future.Suggestion please???

    7. #4487

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Posts
      76
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Lhr View Post
      I have gone through the purpose of that checks.I am pretty sure none of us has that kind of issue.Although these checks are justified, given the international situation, but there should be a time limit.I wonder our guys are waiting for more than 18 months .I suggest that we should unite and put our concerns to any authority in unison.Any chance of meeting of guys from Pak in near future.Suggestion please???
      Yeh, they check it thru ASIO, who most likely check it thru FBI or CIA I reckon.
      They say it can take up to 12 months or more for external security checks. I don't see any point for gathering for this purpose as this is their discretion to grant visa to any body. The only thing we can do is to call their complaints/suggestion section if your application is past 6 months processing and register your concern and keep supporting each other on forums like this.
      Most of the people who are applying for 887 visa now have gone thru security check already at the time of 475 visa grant, so its unfair to delay our application for another 12-18 months.

    8. #4488
      Lhr
      Lhr is offline

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      38
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by docA View Post
      Yeh, they check it thru ASIO, who most likely check it thru FBI or CIA I reckon.
      They say it can take up to 12 months or more for external security checks. I don't see any point for gathering for this purpose as this is their discretion to grant visa to any body. The only thing we can do is to call their complaints/suggestion section if your application is past 6 months processing and register your concern and keep supporting each other on forums like this.
      Most of the people who are applying for 887 visa now have gone thru security check already at the time of 475 visa grant, so its unfair to delay our application for another 12-18 months.
      How can we present any proof that we have already undergone those checks.please let me know how can we present this proof.I will definitely go ahead and try to make a request in a decent way to resolve this matter even if i am granted visa without those checks.This is simply unacceptable.Worst kind of discrimination and unfair treatment.We have to keep in mind this is a monetary loss besides being hinderance to career progression.Monetary loss means we cannot access any centrelink psyment while we are paying taxes and abiding by Australian laws in all spirits.

    9. #4489

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      10
      Liked
      7 times
      Rep
      Hi guys,
      I am applying for 887 visa, could anyone please help me out with
      my doubts...
      I lived for 2 years in regional area but first 6 months I was on bridging visa in those 2 years.
      now, am I eligible for 887visa or not?

      please help me guys

    10. #4490

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      26
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi there

      With regards to the 2 yr stay for 887 vis, do we need to attach docs for both the main applicant and the dependent?

      Thanks in advance

     

  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Visa Update.
      By PEZ in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 24-02-2009, 11:47 AM
    2. My Visa Connections Update
      By andrew_obrien in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 27-08-2008, 12:39 AM
    3. Visa processing times ....update!!!
      By cunnah10 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 26-08-2008, 08:47 AM
    4. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
    5. Update on Visa
      By claret1123 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:46 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums