• Page 467 of 1286 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567967 ... LastLast
    Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 12860
    Like Tree2477Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      11 times
      Rep
      Congratulation OzMan. Many many thanks for sharing that good news here.

Quote Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
      G'day Fellas,

I have good news to share, received the grant today. following are the details:

-- Applied: 17-March-2014
      CO Allotted: 21-August-2014
      Visa Granted 21-August-2014
      Nationality American

I like to thank all for information sharing and boosting each other confidence.

All my best wishes to those who are waiting.

Cheers...Have a good one.

Lhr

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by alam View Post
      Hi
      I Applied on 25-02-2014 and got email from CO on 12-04-2014 and then after 2 days got email form team-13, I am from Pakistan and it seems they are taking a long time to process our application.
      i know they send my application to external security clearance and what i am hearing form people is that it take almost 2 yrs, is it true ?....can some one comment
      I again suggest that all us of should organise get togethers in our respective cities and raise this issue collectively rather individually to expedite all the formalities.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Congrats Ozman:)
      thanks for sharing this good news!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      I'm sorry mate but you can't do nothing about it.Security check is part of DIBP's tight security protocol against terrorism. If it takes ages to process then it's your home country's deficiency why it is taking so long. They should expedite whatever information requested by DIBP in a timely manner. All CO's want a speedy result coz it is their burden if they havea pending case at their hands. Now, it is either you withdraw your application or wait for year or years to come out the result.

Cheers.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      EightEightSeven,

The security assessment is generally performed by the agencies onshore.

The governmental audit report documented at: http://www.anao.gov.au/Publications/...Audit-brochure tells you the number of applications in backlog and clearly explains why it takes longer and where the bottle neck lies.

For those interested, this report is the best source of information on what's going on.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sugarboy View Post
      EightEightSeven,

The security assessment is generally performed by the agencies onshore.

The governmental audit report documented at: http://www.anao.gov.au/Publications/...Audit-brochure tells you the number of applications in backlog and clearly explains why it takes longer and where the bottle neck lies.

For those interested, this report is the best source of information on what's going on.

Thank you Sugarboy for the very informative link. I've briefly gone through the article and i find it very straightforward. Now, given the ASIO agency carries out the security check with their tedious methods & mechanisms mentioned, I believe we can partly blame on the home country for their slow response since they are the ones who supply every information required by the security agency.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi All ,

I am about to apply for 887 visa very soon , if anybody can help to clarify about my following query it will be appreciated.

1) I am working as a personal care assistant in aged care as apart time employee almost 2 years cause I couldn't get job on my skilled nominated occupation , where I am working in first week for 32 hrs and second week for 38.75 hrs as a part time employee. my question is ,did I full filled my work requirements criteria for visa subclass 887 ?
      2) I don't have lease and utility bills in my name ,this is in my husband name , can I submit statutory declaration from my husband for living requirements.

thanks

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Hi Nep12,
      The law says the following:
      The applicant must have worked full‑time in a specified regional area for a total of at least 1 year as the holder of 1 or more of the visas eligible for subclass 887.
      According to immi.gov.au and ABS (Australian bureau of statistics), full time employment is "usually" at least 35 hours a week.
      I would say you should be OK as long as you can show 52 weeks where you've worked 35 hours or more.

To answer your second question, you are not strictly required to submit utility bills under your name, it is just suggested by Immi as one of the documents through which you can prove your residence in the regional area. You may use other documents such as:

1. Your public transport history
      2. Bank Statements
      3. Club and Gym memberships
      4. Letter from your workplace with your residential address on it.

Dun worry about the statutory declaration, in my opinion the above documents should be sufficient. In any case if he case officer needs further proof or documentation they will contact you.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Hi Guys,

After analyzing the Allocation dates in Immi web page ("http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm") my gut feeling was that, they are processing the application in order which they received. But no Idea how many application they processed and close.

are they refer the applications which has been received a particular month or any target applications (i.e 100 or 1000) in a particular month?

Regards,
      KevinG

•