• Page 521 of 1293 FirstFirst ... 214214715115195205215225235315716211021 ... LastLast
    Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 12930
    Like Tree2524Likes

Thread: 887 Visa - What's the update?

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by AT31Oct View Post
      Just one more query!!
      though we have completed 2 yrs here,we still have one more year of our visa 475 validity.We are planning to go overseas in mid march 2015.In case till then if we are not granted visa(hopefully we may get by then ..keeping fingers crossed) ,can we travel overseas on same visa(475) and be back or we will have to get some bridging visa( i have heard about this in previous posts but till date not sure what is it from A to B or vice versa?).Can someone throw light on this bridging thing and does it apply to us or no?
      We might come back in 2 months.
      my next query is if we granted while we are overseas,will we have to come back to adelaide to get visa granted or we can come in any state(as wife is trying job in another state which sounds better than here )
      worst scenario: If we are not granted visa till we are back from overseas(which will be like 7 and half months from date of application),do we have to come to adelaide and wait or can we still go in other state directly from overseas.
      If anyone had been in this situation or knows or has any info about it then kindly share as have to plan dates accordingly to go overseas
      thanks again!
      You can apply Bridging B and travel but It might delay your decision until you come back to Australia. 887 is an On-shore visa which means you must be in Australia to grant 887.
      Also immigration says, even if you are on bridging visa and your previous visa has not been expired all conditions that is attached to the previous visa is applied to you not bridging conditions. Actually that contradicts my first statement "Apply Bridging visa B to travel overseas". This is a question that must be answered by Dept of Immi. It is confusing.
      What I decided was live and work in a regional area and do not travel overseas to make things simple :-)

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      as per my understanding You dont need to get a bridging visa to travel overseas if your current 475 is still valid. I'm in same boat, got 8-9 months left on 475 and travelling overseas in coming weeks. I called Immi twice to find out what steps I need to take If I'm travelling overseas they answered that Nothing need to be done. Plus you don't have to apply for new bridging visa a once you back. the one issued at time of applying 887 will stay valid if it has not been come in affect on the time of return to Australia.

Just one more query!!
      though we have completed 2 yrs here,we still have one more year of our visa 475 validity.We are planning to go overseas in mid march 2015.In case till then if we are not granted visa(hopefully we may get by then ..keeping fingers crossed) ,can we travel overseas on same visa(475) and be back or we will have to get some bridging visa( i have heard about this in previous posts but till date not sure what is it from A to B or vice versa?).Can someone throw light on this bridging thing and does it apply to us or no?
      We might come back in 2 months.
      my next query is if we granted while we are overseas,will we have to come back to adelaide to get visa granted or we can come in any state(as wife is trying job in another state which sounds better than here )
      worst scenario: If we are not granted visa till we are back from overseas(which will be like 7 and half months from date of application),do we have to come to adelaide and wait or can we still go in other state directly from overseas.
      If anyone had been in this situation or knows or has any info about it then kindly share as have to plan dates accordingly to go overseas
      thanks again!
      Blossom likes this.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Any news on August Applicants?? any guess how many weeks will it take to cover August applicants. lol just asking because I applied in Sep

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
      as per my understanding You dont need to get a bridging visa to travel overseas if your current 475 is still valid. I'm in same boat, got 8-9 months left on 475 and travelling overseas in coming weeks. I called Immi twice to find out what steps I need to take If I'm travelling overseas they answered that Nothing need to be done. Plus you don't have to apply for new bridging visa a once you back. the one issued at time of applying 887 will stay valid if it has not been come in affect on the time of return to Australia.
      Hi Vick, Thank you for your explanation. Following is a part of the email I received when Bridging A is granted. I made my decisions based on following, as it is a written email received from the department. I hope you received that email too
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PERMISSION TO TRAVEL

This Bridging Visa A will cease if the applicant departs Australia. Therefore, unless the applicant has another visa they will not be able to re-enter Australia. If the applicant needs to travel overseas at any time during processing of their onshore General Skilled Migration visa application, they should apply for a Bridging Visa B visa which permits re-entry to Australia. They must have substantial reasons for travel.

If the applicant does not obtain a Bridging Visa B while their substantive visa (eg any visitor visa, student visa or temporary residence visa they may hold) is still valid, and they depart and re-enter Australia using their substantive visa, they must apply for a replacement Bridging Visa A on return. Bridging Visa B applications can be lodged at any DIBP office in Australia.

A list of offices and contact details can be found at www.immi.gov.au/contacts
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
      Any news on August Applicants?? any guess how many weeks will it take to cover August applicants. lol just asking because I applied in Sep
      U will hear from me first coz I applied 31 August ... Lol ... Waiting desperately .

Title
      Liked
      1830 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Mal123 View Post
      Hi Vick, Thank you for your explanation. Following is a part of the email I received when Bridging A is granted. I made my decisions based on following, as it is a written email received from the department. I hope you received that email too
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PERMISSION TO TRAVEL

This Bridging Visa A will cease if the applicant departs Australia. Therefore, unless the applicant has another visa they will not be able to re-enter Australia. If the applicant needs to travel overseas at any time during processing of their onshore General Skilled Migration visa application, they should apply for a Bridging Visa B visa which permits re-entry to Australia. They must have substantial reasons for travel.

If the applicant does not obtain a Bridging Visa B while their substantive visa (eg any visitor visa, student visa or temporary residence visa they may hold) is still valid, and they depart and re-enter Australia using their substantive visa, they must apply for a replacement Bridging Visa A on return. Bridging Visa B applications can be lodged at any DIBP office in Australia.

A list of offices and contact details can be found at www.immi.gov.au/contacts
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This changed not too long ago so you don't need to reapply for bridging visa a when you come back. Probably worth emailing them and getting it in an email to be safe though.
      Is a mummy!

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      I started my application on 31st too. but clicked submit on 1st Sep....lol keep me posted

Quote Originally Posted by giveme887 View Post
      U will hear from me first coz I applied 31 August ... Lol ... Waiting desperately .

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      I have called the office and been to office to confirm, you can travel without any worries as look as your substantive visa is valid and make sure you return to Australia before expiry of 475.

Title
      Liked
      7 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by paki View Post
      Hi Dreamer

I had already travelled...i had applied for 2 months and they granted me two months straight away ...they did not asked for any reason but u have to mention in form when u apply ....and i have applied i got BVB in less than 4 hours....
      Thanks Paki for your reply. That was great that you got BVB within 4 hours......// Will you please share, how long ago did you applied for BVB from the date of your departure?....

Title
      Liked
      7 times
      Rep
      Just checked the link to check online about documents required on ecom.immi.gov.au and to my horror i can see things that have never been mentioned by anyone in previous so many posts.I hope I am not a different one;
      Below is what it says for me and wife
      Fo me
      1.Birth Certificate(is passport copy not ok for it ? would I required school certificates to show and should it be certified?)
      2.Copy of passport(already uploaded)
      3. IELTS (I had appeared for it overseas in June 2009 while applying for 475,can it be used? if not then will I have to appear for it again?)
      4.Marriage certificate(does it require to be certified)
      5.AFP(already uploaded)
      6.Passport photo(already uploaded)
      For wife
      1.Birth Certificate(is passport copy not ok for it ? would I required school certificates to show and should it be certified?)
      2.Copy of passport(already uploaded)
      3. IELTS (she had appeared for it overseas in June 2009 while applying for 475,can it be used? if not then will she has to appear for it again?)
      4.Evidence of name change(will my passport copy of her name changed and her new passport with her name changed and marriage certificate be enough?)
      5.AFP(already uploaded)
      6.Passport photo(already uploaded)
      7.Form 1221

Its not showing form 80 and 1221 for me and form 80 for her so does that mean we dont have to submit it?
      pls guys if anyone had similar situations pls let me know especially about IELTS!!!
      Also is it the documents show required till a CO is alloted even though we have already sent?
      i am really going crazy with this.Can anyone pls reply in detail to each query.Sorry that its too long.
      thanks in advance
      For 887, main applicant does not need to submit IELTS but English requirement (Functional English) usually IELTS is required for secondary applicant................

You can check about document checklist in immi website. http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/887.aspx

Thanks

•